Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Join the US 103rd and JG1 for a Flyin on Thursday Evenings

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 11 October 2017 - 16:52

Excellent to hear it will be on for Thursday. I'll plan on livestreaming it and there will be a few IRFC in attendance :)

Good to see you back on the forum, Requiem.

I've checked your pilot training blog page periodically, but haven't seen any entries since you got your CFI job a couple years ago -- hope things have gone well in the interim.

Cheers,

4 :icon_e_salute:

#42 -Requiem-

-Requiem-

Posted 12 October 2017 - 20:59

Good to see you back on the forum, Requiem.

I've checked your pilot training blog page periodically, but haven't seen any entries since you got your CFI job a couple years ago -- hope things have gone well in the interim.

Cheers,

4 :icon_e_salute:

Thanks Jim. It's been all good on my end. I was really busy while instructing so didn't have time to do work on the blog. I started training at my airline in January this year and now I fly the CRJ-900 which is a lot of fun! Hard to believe I went from zero flight time to an airline in two years :-) The time went by so fast.

As a heads up for the server tonight I'm expecting Bender, Smokin Hole, and possibly Captain Darling to join me so fingers crossed it all works out!

Signature2.png

#43 paullmf2

paullmf2

Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:34

Well those were some pretty unfriendly skies today.
After a decent start, i seemed to find pairs of J30 two-seaters (Hangman/Mein especially) everytime I took off..and sometimes before! I think they killed me 3-4 times. Way too good. S!

Note to self. Don't tackle a flight of 2-seaters flown by good, organised pilots while flying alone.

Second note to self. Don't fly alone!!

#44 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:54

Well those were some pretty unfriendly skies today.
After a decent start, i seemed to find pairs of J30 two-seaters (Hangman/Mein especially) everytime I took off..and sometimes before! I think they killed me 3-4 times. Way too good. S!
Note to self. Don't tackle a flight of 2-seaters flown by good, organised pilots while flying alone.
Second note to self. Don't fly alone!!

Yeah I know those guys. Their faces are on a "most-wanted" poster in every scout pilot's mess hall. I've been downed by them more times than I care to remember lol. :lol:

I had a look at the server monitor a few times during the fly-in. It seemed the servers were pretty full! :)

How did you all think it went?

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

fcpq25c.jpg

#45 US103_Furlow

US103_Furlow

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:15

It went great, Hunter and me stirred up a hornet's nest over Beaucamp.

#46 US103_Hunter

US103_Hunter
  • LocationOver The Front!

Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:49

It was a pretty good time. We had the early Verdun map first and had a few nasty furballs with the bosche. The low level flak was deadly for our two-seater pilots especially. Then we rolled over to the Beaucamp map and had some good fights there as well. I have a few films for you Hotlead.

I can also confirm the attendance of one Requiem including a certain =IRFC= tag.

I think there were 32 players at one point maybe a few more. I was kinda busy and not keeping good track.

S! to all who made it a great night.

Hunter

103rd%20forum%20sig.jpg

#47 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 13 October 2017 - 13:02

That's awesome guys! :D

Just PM me the track files once you get a chance, Hunter. I look forward to reviewing the US103rd's feats of glory!

For anyone else who's curious, you can find flight record files on your PC here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\1C-777\Rise of Flight\data\Tracks

At that location, you'll see 2 types of files: folders and .trk files. I'll need both the folder and the .trk file for each track you want to send me. To send them, just upload them to something like Dropbox or Google Drive, and send me the link to to the files. Then, I'll download the tracks and see about filming parts of them for the video!

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

fcpq25c.jpg

#48 GrahamshereGT

GrahamshereGT
  • LocationDeroche,Britsh Columbia,Canada

Posted 13 October 2017 - 16:36

I had a great time last night, Even almost got to talk to J5 Klugerman for the first time, but map ended and he went to the dark side, oh well next time bud. The first map was so close but central got it. congrats on that men. :icon_e_salute: You won't be so lucky next Thursday.

#49 GenMarkof007

GenMarkof007

Posted 13 October 2017 - 16:58

I had a great time last night, Even almost got to talk to J5 Klugerman for the first time, but map ended and he went to the dark side, oh well next time bud. The first map was so close but central got it. congrats on that men. :icon_e_salute: You won't be so lucky next Thursday.

I know, we did get the last AI bomber (RE8) inside the last 5 minutes, after they took off from the back aerodrome!!!

At the same, many Allied scout's came to help the last RE8.

Very fun time!

Cheers,

Gen ;)

#50 GrahamshereGT

GrahamshereGT
  • LocationDeroche,Britsh Columbia,Canada

Posted 13 October 2017 - 18:02

I know, we did get the last AI bomber (RE8) inside the last 5 minutes, after they took off from the back aerodrome!!!

At the same, many Allied scout's came to help the last RE8.

Very fun time!

Cheers,

Gen ;)

I know, I was first on the scene with my hanriot but we failed  to stop the bad guys, Next time :icon_mad:

#51 -Requiem-

-Requiem-

Posted 13 October 2017 - 18:26

Thanks guys, it was fun giving it a go after a couple of years off. It reminded me how much I disliked flying the Nieuports in early war scenarios LOL Next week hopefully more of us will show up! (while praying for a scenario of faster planes and more guns ;))

Signature2.png

#52 J2_Nader

J2_Nader
  • LocationWest Virginia, USA

Posted 13 October 2017 - 18:28

I had nightmares last night of facing off with Cuban once again over that blasted factory... oh wait... those were real! I think I was outnumbered every time but that didn't stop me from diving on you factory wreckers! :icon_mad: I did feel more like this after it was over though. :icon_e_deadman:

And welcome back Requiem. We've never met but I do feel like I know you after watching your videos. Thanks for all that instruction that helped get this newb off the ground some 5 months ago.

#53 US103_Hunter

US103_Hunter
  • LocationOver The Front!

Posted 13 October 2017 - 20:32

Hotlead,

PM sent with Tracks.

S! Hunter

103rd%20forum%20sig.jpg

#54 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 13 October 2017 - 21:25

Hotlead,

PM sent with Tracks.

S! Hunter

Awesome! Thanks! :D

fcpq25c.jpg

#55 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted Yesterday, 12:16

I had nightmares last night of facing off with Cuban once again over that blasted factory... oh wait... those were real! I think I was outnumbered every time but that didn't stop me from diving on you factory wreckers! :icon_mad: I did feel more like this after it was over though. :icon_e_deadman:

And welcome back Requiem. We've never met but I do feel like I know you after watching your videos. Thanks for all that instruction that helped get this newb off the ground some 5 months ago.

Lol, well fought every time Nader, you had us factory wreckers looking up and behind us the whole time :icon_e_salute:  Hope we can do it again Thursday!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users