Photo
- - - - -

Anych chance for a Compatibility Patch soon?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Wykletypl

Wykletypl

Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:54

Well, my laptop broke. And I had to buy a new one. With Windows 10 64-bit.

During the first attempt to run the game, I have noticed that Video Memory usage was well above 100 % (sometimes even 300%).

After some combination with options, I was able to drop it to 77-89% (mostly by turning off Post Effects, keeping Shadows at low and Landscape quality at Low. Also, max. resolution at 1600x900 (16:9)).

And this i not the problem with my new laptop - as it's Dell Inspiron 7567 with 16GB RAM. I am quite sure the aforementioned problem is because the game has compatibility issue with Windows 10. Which is stupid, if You think about it.

My point is - Should there be any new patch for the game in the future, I think this should be it's priority. To fix compatibility with Windows 10. So as not to force players to turn off more advanced options because of it.

#2 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:27

I'm using Windows 10 and I'm not having any problems like that.  The issue is probably on your end.  So, no.

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#3 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:17

I've been running RoF just fine on Win 10 64-bit since Win 10 came out (as have lots of other folks), through a couple of PC builds and video card updates. If your rig meets the required/recommended specs for the game, there shouldn't be any "compatibility problems" to worry about.  The video RAM percentage you mentioned isn't about how much basic RAM you have, so the 16 GB you mentioned isn't relevant.  It's generally talking about the RAM you have on your video card.  And I wouldn't really worry too much about it anyway - I don't think the algorithm they're using to compute that percentage ever contemplated the amount of VRAM modern cards generally have - mine has been saying it's at 31% for every card I've had that topped 4 GB, including my current 1080Ti that has 11GB.

So, as BSR noted above, there's something going on with your rig that's causing the issues.  Have you tried just playing the game at the relatively high settings you'd like to use (regardless of the memory usage number) to see how it works?  If the only "problem" you're seeing is that memory usage number I'd just ignore it and enjoy the game.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#4 Wykletypl

Wykletypl

Posted 13 September 2017 - 15:52

I've been running RoF just fine on Win 10 64-bit since Win 10 came out (as have lots of other folks), through a couple of PC builds and video card updates. If your rig meets the required/recommended specs for the game, there shouldn't be any "compatibility problems" to worry about.  The video RAM percentage you mentioned isn't about how much basic RAM you have, so the 16 GB you mentioned isn't relevant.  It's generally talking about the RAM you have on your video card.  And I wouldn't really worry too much about it anyway - I don't think the algorithm they're using to compute that percentage ever contemplated the amount of VRAM modern cards generally have - mine has been saying it's at 31% for every card I've had that topped 4 GB, including my current 1080Ti that has 11GB.

So, as BSR noted above, there's something going on with your rig that's causing the issues.  Have you tried just playing the game at the relatively high settings you'd like to use (regardless of the memory usage number) to see how it works?  If the only "problem" you're seeing is that memory usage number I'd just ignore it and enjoy the game.

Well, I just tried it out. I did a short Fly Now on maximum settings, and even though iot showed memory usage at 889%, the game actually worked smoothly.

So yeah, thanks for the tip. That calculator is screwed, not the game itself.

And now I have just one lastthing left to do... endure just 161 missions more to get all the medals for the British. Even with the Lone Patrol trick to speed it up, it's still at least 50 hours to go. I mean, DAMN.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users