Photo
- - - - -

new PW-CG rev3

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 10 September 2017 - 15:34

Seems on the BoS forum a new version will be released. Does this also have impact on PW-CG RoF version. 

If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

2009 Rof pre-order buyer

#2 FalkeEins

FalkeEins
  • LocationSF, SD, US

Posted 11 September 2017 - 12:31

I'd say that since Pat unified the codebase, it's likely whatever he changes for PWCG3 in regards to stability/usability/etc. will be introduced in the ROF edition as well.

"Stop pulling so hard. You don't have to get someone under the gunsight right this second to win the fight." - Go_Pre

#3 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 23 September 2017 - 14:39

PWCG 3.0 will be for both RoF and BoS.  The primary focus for users will be Kuban, which of course does RoF players no good at all.  Dozens of hours spent recoding under the hood.  No noticeable benefit but hopefully fewer bugs and faster turnaround time.  After the recoding and after Kuban and after the bug fixes hopefully some new features.  

One thing that I do want to do out of the box is incorporate Gooseh's new skins.

Apologies for the long absence.  When I get neck deep in coding there isn't much spare time in my life.

#4 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 15 October 2017 - 11:07

Pat, I do hope you can implementate this kind of GUI.

https://i.imgur.com/...fidelity=medium
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

2009 Rof pre-order buyer

#5 FalkeEins

FalkeEins
  • LocationSF, SD, US

Posted 17 October 2017 - 19:00

I don't... Looks... Artificial...

This isn't Assetto Corsa - the current menu has character.

"Stop pulling so hard. You don't have to get someone under the gunsight right this second to win the fight." - Go_Pre

#6 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 17 October 2017 - 20:49

+1

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: 38292159602_c99566b93e_o.jpg

#7 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 19 October 2017 - 12:30

I'm on the other side of the fence. I love what Pat has produced, but since day 1, I've been customising PWCG, to clean the UI up.

If a new Interface is introduced it'd be nice if there was some options to retain the legacy look of PWCG for those that like the current UI and something simpler for those that like simpler UI.

Which is not that different to what is on offer now in PWCG config

sig.png

The Cuban Syndicate Connection - http://vintage-missions.net

#8 Barkhorn1x

Barkhorn1x

Posted 20 October 2017 - 19:10

+2

#9 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 21 October 2017 - 01:59

To be honest, PWCG 3.0 is mostly bug fixes and Kuban.  For 3.0 or very shortly thereafter I will be adding Gooseh's new 2 seater skins.

As noted, PWCG is a unified code base.  Only about 10-20% of the code is WWI or WWII specific, so most changes work for both.  Needless to say, adding the Kuban map and new BoK planes is WWII specific :).

The UI is the same.  I would like to move from Swing to JavaFX, which should provide some options, but it is a major undertaking and will not happen soon.

#10 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 21 October 2017 - 10:20

Thanks, for clearing this.
One thing I would like to know, while your GC is generating missions, would it not be possible to make this program also act as an mission parser. Do see lots of mission packs or scripted campaigns in 1C/777 terms, that contains a couple of SP home brew missions like for Box: Fritz, Alberts life or Iwans War. For Rof we have also Battle of peace, Spiderweb, Criquit Spad campaign, some can be found here: https://riseofflight...paign-releases/
PW-CG would then also act as an after action / debrief report, a perfect system to log each scripted campaign.

2009 Rof pre-order buyer

#11 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 28 October 2017 - 02:41

The code does not reverse missions.  PWCG generates a huge amount of data that is eventually distilled into the mission.  Debrief is also dependent on the mission file matching and later log files matching what PWCG expects (who flew, which squadrons, names of pilots in all planes, etc.)

#12 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 28 October 2017 - 18:56

The code does not reverse missions. PWCG generates a huge amount of data that is eventually distilled into the mission. Debrief is also dependent on the mission file matching and later log files matching what PWCG expects (who flew, which squadrons, names of pilots in all planes, etc.)

I wish I had the knowledge for Java. Did try it by using net beans/eclipse, but pfff very difficult and think complete diffenrt software as you use.

2009 Rof pre-order buyer

#13 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 28 October 2017 - 19:29

As an pure WW1 flysimmer, I do not play Assetto Corsa so that does not ring any bell. But I guess the “campaign generator” if included, for AC is not different then the UI of the game itself.

But I think this remark I posted, needs some explenation.
The actual PW-CG UI style is complete different then the Rof UI style and if using Ankors mod, I think a Rof UI style would be more then welcome to keep the PW-CG more immerse and as a part of the game.

I still think the whole PW UI needs to be changed to an Rof alike UI.

2009 Rof pre-order buyer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users