Photo
- - - - -

NO ‘free’ Fokker DVII !

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 freddy04

freddy04

Posted 07 September 2017 - 22:00

I have bought the PC DVD game and also downloaded the free game of Rise of Flight.

The bought PC DVD game says on the box that the game includes the plane, Dr 7 ?.. do they mean the Fokker DVII ?... and the booklet features the Fokker DVII … but there is NO ‘free’ Fokker DVII ! with my bought game !

Anybody else not getting the Fokker DVII in the bought PC DVD version.

Fred.

#2 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem
  • LocationR E S I G N E D 13/6/2018 veryuseful.info/rof

Posted 07 September 2017 - 22:20

I have bought the PC DVD game and also downloaded the free game of Rise of Flight.

The bought PC DVD game says on the box that the game includes the plane, Dr 7 ?.. do they mean the Fokker DVII ?... and the booklet features the Fokker DVII … but there is NO ‘free’ Fokker DVII ! with my bought game !

Anybody else not getting the Fokker DVII in the bought PC DVD version.

Fred.

Which version do you have currently working?

Some perhaps all DVD versions are known to have compatibility issues and it is recommended not to install them.

With the free downloaded version working, I believe you should be able to activate the numeric key supplied with the DVD, which should give you whatever content is included with that version. In the event of difficulty you can always raise a ticket with support. You can avoid disappointment by not expecting an instant response.

EDIT. Quite aside from the above, the Fokker DVII (not the DVIIF) is known to get randomly enabled on players' accounts when purchasing other aircraft. It doesn't happen always and I don't know what triggers it, but it does happen.

#3 freddy04

freddy04

Posted 07 September 2017 - 23:05

Hello,

Thank you for your reply… I find that the bought DVD version tends to play better, it is more smooth than the free version….i dont know if it will cause issues if I try and run the DVD version and the free version at different times as I tend to stick with the DVD version….. but I will try your ‘key’ suggestion.

Fred.

#4 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 08 September 2017 - 04:41

Bought DVD?

Where did you buy it?

#5 freddy04

freddy04

Posted 08 September 2017 - 23:59

I tried the DVD code but I was informed that the game has already been activated….!  I have raised the issue with ROF support….

Its not easy finding a clean ROF DVD with a clean case, disc and the three original inserts….. I got it off a certain internet auction site !

Fred.

#6 Oliver88

Oliver88

Posted 09 September 2017 - 00:21

sounds dodgy to me, sounds to me like youve been taken for

bought an old dvd of a game from someone thats free (with 3 planes included) to download online, and the codes are stating they have already been activated, am guessing on the origional owners account.

#7 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem

Posted 09 September 2017 - 00:30

I tried the DVD code but I was informed that the game has already been activated….!  I have raised the issue with ROF support….

Its not easy finding a clean ROF DVD with a clean case, disc and the three original inserts….. I got it off a certain internet auction site !

Unless you can persuade the company, ownership probably won't be transferable.

Anything in the item description that you can challenge?

#8 freddy04

freddy04

Posted 09 September 2017 - 20:37

The DVD game i bought was secondhand…. someone else had registered it…. maybe that is where the glitch is….. but surely if the DVD game came with free planes they cannot be removed ... can they ?….. anyway Ive sent an email to ROF support ... see what they say ...

Fred.

#9 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem

Posted 09 September 2017 - 22:51

The DVD game i bought was secondhand…. someone else had registered it…. maybe that is where the glitch is….. but surely if the DVD game came with free planes they cannot be removed ... can they ?….. anyway Ive sent an email to ROF support ... see what they say ...

Any free content now belongs to the account that activated the game initially. Technically those credentials should have been passed to you, although that would not have been practical.

Just put it down to experience; autumn sale should be on pretty soon.

#10 Oliver88

Oliver88

Posted 10 September 2017 - 02:57

Let us know what they're response is. Doubting ROF support going to provide you the DR7 and echo the above about putting this down as experience learnt. Getting shafted on ebay aside what's been your opinion on the game so far? How you finding it? Would stick with the downloaded version on this website (and steam) too rather than continuing with the DVD as also suggested above.

#11 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 10 September 2017 - 15:22

You've been had. The game has everything installed, your account is what defines what is open to you.

If the DVD code was activated, the free planes are now owned by the original owner as he would have associated any free content to his account.

You've bought a coaster.

#12 freddy04

freddy04

Posted 11 September 2017 - 10:59

Ive still got the free ROF version installed on my PC together with the DVD version I bought .. I wonder if they are conflicting ?

On my PC the DVD version works the best, on the free version to graphics are erratic…. I use the same settings… I will keep with the DVD version…..

I have bought some planes…. I would like to try the Fokker DV11 .. but if it was free on the DVD version and I didn't get it, … then I wont bother….

I have no grumble with ebay…. the DVD version I bought is mint with all the inserts in the box…. all for £15 ... I wont be giving the seller any feedback .. as they never replied to my earlier questions I asked about the game….

Fred.

#13 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 11 September 2017 - 11:35

Not sure why the DVD version would behave differently to the free version as the DVD version would want to update to the free version once installed.

#14 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem

Posted 11 September 2017 - 14:01

I have no grumble with ebay…. the DVD version I bought is mint with all the inserts in the box…. all for £15 ... I wont be giving the seller any feedback .. as they never replied to my earlier questions I asked about the game….

Was it still shrink-wrapped? RoF discs are being sold at a wide range of prices on EBay, so one has to wonder about those at the lower end.

Always read the negative feedback.

#15 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil

Posted 26 September 2018 - 15:50

The Iron Cross download edition requires internet to install? I'm considering to buy it to play with the old Camel and Dr.1. Or the download edition is already updated?

"There will be honor enough for us all."

#16 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 27 September 2018 - 00:37

The Iron Cross download edition requires internet to install? I'm considering to buy it to play with the old Camel and Dr.1. Or the download edition is already updated?

I don't think it is likely to be possible to try using an old, outdated version like the Iron Cross edition to play with the old Camel and Dr.1.  Even if you could get it to work initially after the D/L, as soon as you try logging in online (which I believe you would have to do to tell the game that you own the Camel and Dr.1) it will recognize that there is an updated version out there and probably won't let you play again unless/until you update to the latest version.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#17 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil

Posted 27 September 2018 - 01:54

I don't think it is likely to be possible to try using an old, outdated version like the Iron Cross edition to play with the old Camel and Dr.1.  Even if you could get it to work initially after the D/L, as soon as you try logging in online (which I believe you would have to do to tell the game that you own the Camel and Dr.1) it will recognize that there is an updated version out there and probably won't let you play again unless/until you update to the latest version.

Yeah, I'm not sure. Back then I was trying to find an old copy to play with these planes. I did not read anything saying that internet connection is required. Maybe someone with a CD could tell for certain.

"There will be honor enough for us all."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users