Photo
- - - - -

Pilot Head Controls stopped working

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Saber57

Saber57

Posted 07 September 2017 - 18:23

Yesterday I was experimenting around with FaceTrackNoIR and OpenTrack and now my Pilot Head Controls for

Move Left/Right (Delete/End) and Move Up/Down (Page Up/Page Down) are no longer working.  The controls for Head: Zoom In and Out (Insert/Home) still work just fine.

I've tried for two days to get these controls back, but have had no luck.  I've rebooted the computer, played with the IR Tracking software, double-checked and reloaded the Control settings under Options many times, but I can not get the controls listed above to work for me again.

Does anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thanks,

Mike

#2 Saber57

Saber57

Posted 07 September 2017 - 19:12

Here's a little more to the riddle.  I've found that the Pilot Head Controls for Left/Right, Up/Down do work if I hold down one of the other FOV keys (like one of the numbers on the number pad).  They used to work for me independent of another FOV key.

I'd really like to get them back the way they were if anyone can help me un-dork this.

Thanks,

Mike 

#3 Oliver88

Oliver88

Posted 07 September 2017 - 19:40

Here's a little more to the riddle. I've found that the Pilot Head Controls for Left/Right, Up/Down do work if I hold down one of the other FOV keys (like one of the numbers on the number pad). They used to work for me independent of another FOV key.

I'd really like to get them back the way they were if anyone can help me un-dork this.

Thanks,
Mike

reckon the game still believes that you are using trackir, the head movement commands kinda get ignored (at least from my experience) when game thinks trackir is in use, and only get recognised when an snapviews being used, just like youve found out. dunno where in game you can toggle trackir use do not think ive seen how in the manual (think its meant to be autodetect, maybe the more experienced know where else can toggle or even know how to prevent this behaviour) but (only from some mucking about) believe theres a config file in inputs folder with an setting for it... can tell you more when i get home if no other answers provided before then, an reinstall would probrably work too then would think

#4 Saber57

Saber57

Posted 07 September 2017 - 22:06

reckon the game still believes that you are using trackir, the head movement commands kinda get ignored (at least from my experience) when game thinks trackir is in use, and only get recognised when an snapviews being used, just like youve found out. dunno where in game you can toggle trackir use do not think ive seen how in the manual (think its meant to be autodetect, maybe the more experienced know where else can toggle or even know how to prevent this behaviour) but (only from some mucking about) believe theres a config file in inputs folder with an setting for it... can tell you more when i get home if no other answers provided before then, an reinstall would probrably work too then would think

Oliver,

Thanks so much for your inputs.  I had tried running the game without IR tracking but the head movement commands were still not correct.

I then unplugged my camera to ensure that ROF was getting no outside inputs - AND THAT WORKED:)  :)  :)

The head movement commands are now back to the way they were before I installed the IR tracking stuff.  

Now I can go back to slowly trying to set up the IR tracking.  I've not yet learned how to use it and it seems very awkward to me.  However, I've seen several YouTube videos that show what it's capable of, so I know that I just need to keep working on getting the curves setup correctly.

Thanks again for all the help on this.

Cheers,

Mike 

#5 Oliver88

Oliver88

Posted 07 September 2017 - 22:41

heh no worries, when i get home will post about that config file anyway, never know might help you or someone else in future.

yeh headtracking is great, you get used to them, i purchased an EdTracker near start of 2017, its been great, although its just 3 DOF so ive not got any up/down or forward/back position (but its not bothered me). I also started out experimenting with diy ir setups and facetracking before getting the EdTracker, found the limitations to the LED viewing angles an bit of a disadvantage, hence I tried the EdTracker.

[EDIT]that file thing I mentioned are data\input\_current_.map and default.map and in both them is use trackir(1); and commenting that out (after having made backups of each file) seemed to disable/enable trackir usage in my game, though as the files state at the top "it is not recommended to change anything here, well, it is still possible, but on your own risk" so reinstall safer idea (managed to stop the mouse working on the gui when mucking about in there once).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users