• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MakW

MakW
  • LocationZuidlaren The Netherlands

Posted 22 August 2017 - 17:56

Salute!

Could any of you server - mission scripting gurus point me how to

start a dedicated server allows pilots only to select planes on  the same side.

That would make a nice beginners / training server I believe.

AI must only pick from the other side.

Is it possible by editing the innit files?

Thanks, Marcel

#2 paullmf2

paullmf2

Posted 23 August 2017 - 04:17

Hi Marcel.

Why not just use New Wings Basic Training server? All the hard work has been done :)

#3 Deciman

Deciman

Posted 23 August 2017 - 17:31

Hm, just have all airfields where a player can spawn for one side only (disable the rest)?

Deci

#4 MakW

MakW
  • LocationZuidlaren The Netherlands

Posted 23 August 2017 - 18:23

Thanks for the hints.

@ paul: New Wings Training is training in dogfight against other ppl.

Novices are shot down in a row.

Killstreak on that "training" server is 15 ...

so that is not the server where new pilots get addited to this fine game.

@Deciman. I tried something like what you suggested.

That is deleting all the available planes per airport so only one flavor / side remains.

However, in the game I still can choose both sides.

In effect it would cover at least in during training the biggest error in this game: balance.

For clarity and simplicity the question is: I want to put a dedicated server online 24/365 dedicated with

AI in the allied planes and pilots in the German planes, how do I do this...

Thanks and happy flying!,

Marcel

#5 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 24 August 2017 - 21:24

Thanks for the hints.

@ paul: New Wings Training is training in dogfight against other ppl.

Novices are shot down in a row.

Killstreak on that "training" server is 15 ...

so that is not the server where new pilots get addited to this fine game.

@Deciman. I tried something like what you suggested.

That is deleting all the available planes per airport so only one flavor / side remains.

However, in the game I still can choose both sides.

In effect it would cover at least in during training the biggest error in this game: balance.

For clarity and simplicity the question is: I want to put a dedicated server online 24/365 dedicated with

AI in the allied planes and pilots in the German planes, how do I do this...

Thanks and happy flying!,

Marcel

Hi Marcel,

New Wings Basic Training (BT) is a Non-PvP server where ALL of the players are flying planes for the same side. The options are set for beginner pilots (Icons on, Auto radiator and mixture controls on, navigation icons, etc.). There are two identical missions, one where all player pilots fly on the Entente side, and one where all player pilots fly on the Central side.  Those two maps alternate every 90 minutes. There are no statistics kept for that server, so your mention of "kill streak" indicates you're confusing our server for a different one. As mentioned, it is non-pvp, so no players should be shooting at each other (there is AI available for combat). If you have problems with players shooting each other in that server, feel free to contact an admin (there's usually someone on our TeamSpeak), and they'll be happy to set folks straight regarding that server's rules.

We *do* also provide two other servers which *are* for pvp, and do keep statistics.  Wargrounds (WG) is our "expert settings" server, and Fast and Furious (FnF) is our "icons on" dogfight server. Both are currently using the same maps, so that folks looking to play on the expert server can familiarize themselves with those maps using the easier settings on FnF first.

Hope that helps clear up any confusion you might have regarding the servers we're providing for the RoF community.

Regards,

4 :icon_e_salute:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users