Photo
- - - - -

ROF may pass...

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 J9_Austin

J9_Austin

Posted 31 July 2017 - 17:24

But the WW1 flight sim that replaces it is something you can look forward to. 

Is there a market for a ROF.2?  I think so. I know of thousands who are waiting.  

https://www.youtube....h?v=-HfF630qsNw

sig_zpsmzog27aq.jpg

#2 GrahamshereGT

GrahamshereGT
  • LocationDeroche,Britsh Columbia,Canada

Posted 31 July 2017 - 18:09

Millions Austin millions. but until someone has an extra 10 mil laying around to get that kind of detail and not minding losing it, it'll have to wait. so that leaves us with ROF1, 

#3 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem
  • LocationR E S I G N E D veryuseful.info/rof

Posted 31 July 2017 - 18:51

But the WW1 flight sim that replaces it is something you can look forward to. 

Is there a market for a ROF.2?  I think so. I know of thousands who are waiting.  

https://www.youtube....h?v=-HfF630qsNw

Despite having read your post most carefully, I cannot discern the relevance of the linked video.

#4 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 31 July 2017 - 19:27

Austin stop playing kids games and get back in your DR1 !!

(you old fart :lol: )

:icon_e_salute:

".. and they'll send you home in a pine overcoat, with a letter to your Mum,

Saying find enclosed one son one medal and a note, to, say, he, Won".

#5 J9_Austin

J9_Austin

Posted 31 July 2017 - 20:13

The point of the video is to show how far graphics have come along in past 8yrs. I'm not putting the death nail into ROF, I'm just saying we have a lot to look forward to.

As far as BF1 being a kids game; I wouldn't let a child play it. NO good parent would. Heads up chest out gents..in a few years you'll be saying " I remember when ROF was the best flight sim on earth"

What replaces ROF is going to knock our socks off!

S!~

sig_zpsmzog27aq.jpg

#6 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 31 July 2017 - 23:15

It better.

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#7 GrahamshereGT

GrahamshereGT

Posted 31 July 2017 - 23:48

Team Fusion at Cliffs of Dover is adding a few biplanes to the mix, and will be installing maps/missions only with the biplane. might be the start of something over there.

#8 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 31 July 2017 - 23:48

RoF hasn't actually passed. It's still here. You can still play it online. The fact that hardly anyone is doing that says more about the customer base than it does about the game. And it does not bode well for RoF 2.0 being a great success, if it happens at all.

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#9 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 01 August 2017 - 00:24

Mr Austin.

I would like to complain: 

My yearly subscription of your magazine has failed to come through. 

Did you even send them?

Please find enclosed the NEXT YEARS subscription cheque. ( it's a good cheque too.) 

Month after month the chaps and myself have had a quiet chortle at your inventive excess's... 

( Every second man seems to think you might be making some parts up to wring out as much shock value as to increase sales...) 

We are still waiting. But not patiently. ( some chaps have taken to banging their tin mugs on the card table every now and then...) 

Signed,

Plank. ( Art snob, Diarist and heating element winder first class ). 

-

Captured again!

#10 GrahamshereGT

GrahamshereGT

Posted 01 August 2017 - 01:56

Other than warthunder ROF was my first flight sim, if you want to call WT a flight sim. Been years and I still come on to fly, Mostly because I've made good freinds in ROF, I,m still making friends in ROF. A few enemies but far more friends and that's what makes it worth while sticking around. 

#11 Tycoon

Tycoon

Posted 01 August 2017 - 06:08

As far as BF1 being a kids game; I wouldn't let a child play it. NO good parent would. 

I think he meant kids game as far as game mechanics is concerned, not content.

Plenty of room at the Hotel RiseofFlight, you can check-out any time you like, but you can never leave. 

#12 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 01 August 2017 - 07:33

I think he meant kids game as far as game mechanics is concerned, not content.

I was trying to poke Austin's funny bone.. think like my usual RoF shooting I missed :P .

But as far as de-sensitisation (effectively parenting) by games / tv / internet etc goes, I think that cat jumped out of the bag a long time ago.

Obviously RoF graphics overall could be better in this day and age, but I wouldn't want it to be more 'graphic' in a blood and guts sense - without being in denial of what we're trying to re-create.

You wouldn't see much at flying speeds anyway.

:icon_e_salute:

".. and they'll send you home in a pine overcoat, with a letter to your Mum,

Saying find enclosed one son one medal and a note, to, say, he, Won".

#13 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 01 August 2017 - 23:02

What replaces ROF is going to knock our socks off!

However, every guy here is wearing several pairs of socks, and has spare pairs around, or we would have died of trench foot long ago. Ergo, it won't be easy to knock all those sock off.

#14 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 02 August 2017 - 01:22

Swap you a box of Mills bombs for a pair of good woollen socks? Sounds like you have spares...

We have managed to make do with mittens.... they are not so great. Some chaps swear by them. 

Must have long toes... 

S! P. 

-

Captured again!

#15 Hrafn_Kolbrandr

Hrafn_Kolbrandr

Posted 02 August 2017 - 06:52

Swap you a box of Mills bombs for a pair of good woollen socks? Sounds like you have spares...
We have managed to make do with mittens.... they are not so great. Some chaps swear by them.
Must have long toes...

S! P.

Just curious, so don't take this the wrong way. Just wondering;

Does this stuff just flow out of you, or do you have to sit and think for a while as you craft these posts?

#16 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:08

Lol

#17 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 02 August 2017 - 11:00

I am not sure, between being constantly drunk on brandy and then the laudanum.... 

Mind you I am in bed with a bad cough. ( very very boring.) 

I will take option B: Crafted.

Satiated? good, and now back to the topic....  of, erm, the WWI sock simulator... in high resolution.

S! P. 

-

Captured again!

#18 flight23

flight23

Posted 28 August 2017 - 10:33

I am a kid(15, so a teen, I guess). BF1 is not a kids game, it is way too simplified. A good WW1 game would be this and Verdun(which I am technically to young to play, but in my country the ratings are not legally binding). BF1 is just insulting to all the chaps who got killed in WW1 by making it a cancerous fest of stupid vehicles and mechanics.

#19 127Tom

127Tom

Posted 17 January 2020 - 21:56

The video you shown looks more like a Hollywood CGI movie. Doesn't feel realistic at all. Too much saturation in the colors too. 
What games lacks these days are proper smoke. It's too much flames and the smoke disappear too fast. That is what I love about BoB:2 Wings of Victory: the debris and smoke 

stays more realistically long so you can see in the distance a big explosion... planes going down in smoke and you see huge white water splashes for a long time. 
It really gives the sense of a real battlefield. 

#20 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 17 January 2020 - 22:14

Tom... this thread is so old that flight23, then a young teen, is now colonel of the Hussars...!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users