Fighting Me109s in CloD

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Waggaz

Waggaz
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 23 June 2017 - 12:46

Fellow pilots.

I completely suck in CloD flying in Spits vs 109s. Even against the AI, the moment they climb above me I just watch as the dive on me time and time again until they get bored.

Some of you might claim this is karma (I know, I'm very annoying when I'm spadding/pfalzing), but I'd really like to shoot down a 109, even just once. I've found that if I start above the 109 it helps a bit but after 1 burst they've climbed above me and I'm back to where I was.

Even when I chase 109s on the level I never catch them, regardless of RPM or throttle. I thought the Spit 1a was meant to be faster than the 109 e3?

Would someone like to help me be less awful? Any videos you can suggest?

#2 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 23 June 2017 - 16:34

You might get some helpful responses over here, but you'd probably have better luck posting this type of question over on the BoS forums (they have a CloD section given the developing relationship between the devs and the CloD modders, and also more folks who are into flying those newer birds).

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#3 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 23 June 2017 - 18:23

Not crowed anymore here, for more response, besides Bos forum, you could also try the ATAG forum and the Clod section from Simhq forum.
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#4 Waggaz

Waggaz
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 24 June 2017 - 09:28

Thanks guys! I've posted on the BoS forum for now. I'd really like to make some CoD videos over the summer and give my YouTube channel some love, but I'd feel like a tit doing that right now

#5 Pirato

Pirato
  • LocationUnder a Bridge

Posted 25 June 2017 - 10:42

If you climb set the propeller pitch to fine,if you don't do that already. Also you can use the engine Boost to get 10% or so more extra power. Propably you won't catch the 109 in a climb anyway, but you should be keeping up better. Stay defensive and try to evade when he dives until he makes a mistake. You can also try to apply this defensive tactic ,should work for CloD aswell.

Dann gibt's Heulen und Zähne klammern, für das ganze Lumpenpack.
Dann ist Schluss mit "Tischlein deck' dich", da gibt's "Knüppel aus dem Sack"!

#6 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 25 June 2017 - 13:46

Hey Wagz.

I'd get onto the ATAG Forum if you haven't already.

There'll certainly be plenty there willing to help, and buddy up with you.

:icon_e_salute:

".. and they'll send you home in a pine overcoat, with a letter to your Mum,

Saying find enclosed one son one medal and a note, to, say, he, Won".

#7 arthursmedley

arthursmedley

Posted 26 June 2017 - 19:24

Not yet...but soon :icon_e_biggrin:

#8 Fr34kFly3r

Fr34kFly3r

Posted 04 July 2017 - 04:41

Stay defensive  :icon_mad:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users