Photo
- - - - -

Problem with GUI for PWCG

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Kelly621

Kelly621

Posted 16 May 2017 - 17:30

I recently purchased a new laptop and Installed Rise of Flight along with the JSGME ready unified ROF/BOS PWCG Version 2.12 with ROF GUI.  I also made sure I had the latest version of Java installed and mods mode is activated in ROF. When I started ROF the PWCG icon was on the menu bar, but when I click it I get the message that PWCG is loading then ROF just freezes up. PWCG folder and files and the interface.gfx are all in the correct places. This use to work fine on my older laptop....not sure why it is locking up the ROF on the new PC ( running under Windows 10).  If I start PWCG manually it works fine. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

#2 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 16 May 2017 - 22:06

When you say "ROF just freezes up", exactly what happens?  RoF is supposed to basically pause and wait for you to come back from PWCG, but I assume that's not the kind of "freezing up" you mean.  Do you get any error messages from either RoF or PWCG? 

I'll try to run some tests tonight when I get back from work and see if it's still working for me or if maybe something got hosed up by some Windows or Java update or something.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:  RoF SPAM killer markings-25.jpg

#3 Kelly621

Kelly621

Posted 16 May 2017 - 22:35

When I start ROF and arrive at the menu screen and click on "PWCG" a popup box opens saying "loading PWCG" and a small twirling icon appears...so far so good, but within 15 to 20 seconds ROF locks up as well as my PC.  I have to actually power off the PC manually and restart to get out of ROF.  

Thanks for taking a look.... 

Not sure if this will help but here are my system specs:

ASUS GL553VW PC

i5-6300HQ CPU @ 2.3 GHz

8 GB Ram

Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 4GB

Java, Flash, Nvidia driver and Windows 10 OS all up to date.

#4 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:43

Hmm - well, everything worked fine for me tonight in terms of starting and running PWCG from the GUI within RoF, then having PWCG take me back to RoF to fly the mission, just like it was supposed to work.

Not sure what might be going wrong with your version - maybe Pat will see this and have some idea what to do next.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960

#5 Kelly621

Kelly621

Posted 17 May 2017 - 04:43

Thanks Panthecules for attempting to help. I can run PWCG outside of ROF and it works fine....just got spoiled using the GUI to run PWCG from within ROF. Only thing I can think of to try is to uninstall everything and do a clean install from DVD, update ROF and reinstall PWCG and the GUI with JSGME.  A bit time consuming, but worth trying at this point.

Kelly621

#6 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:09

Was going to suggest making sure that Java is up to date, but if PWCG runs fine outside of the menu the that is not the issue.  Having said that, if you are going to install other components, I would still recommend updating Java.  In fact, you might want to try that first, before you take the time to update everything else.

Wish I could be of more help, but I really don't know.  

#7 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 17 May 2017 - 15:23

Also, if you do decide to re-install (have you tried doing a "recovery" from the launcher yet?  If not, do that before re-installing), DO NOT install from some old disk.  Best bet is to D/L and install the latest Free-to-Play version from the official web site (or from my alternate link) and update from there if necessary.

#8 Kelly621

Kelly621

Posted 17 May 2017 - 20:56

Pat,

I double checked and the Java I have installed is up to date.... wish it was that simple :)

Panthecules,

I tried your suggestion to use recovery, but the problem is still there. I am downloading ROF from your link as you suggested and will see if that solves the problem.

Thanks for trying guys...

#9 Kelly621

Kelly621

Posted 17 May 2017 - 22:25

I just finished a clean install of ROF along with PWCG and the GUI. Same problem again, but this time I remember that PWCG generates an error report. I should have remembered that earlier....let's call it a senior moment.

Here it is:

PWCG Error
Wed May 17 17:53:47 EDT 2017
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files (x86)\1C-777\Rise of Flight\PWCGCampaign\RoFData\User\PlanesOwned.config (The system cannot find the file specified)
 at java.io.FileInputStream.open0(Native Method)
 at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Unknown Source)
 at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
 at java.io.FileReader.<init>(Unknown Source)
 at pwcg.campaign.utils.PlanesOwnedManager.read(PlanesOwnedManager.java:72)
 at pwcg.campaign.utils.PlanesOwnedManager.getInstance(PlanesOwnedManager.java:31)
 at pwcg.gui.maingui.CampaignMainGUI.setButtonsEnabled(CampaignMainGUI.java:271)
 at pwcg.gui.maingui.CampaignMainGUI.makeGUI(CampaignMainGUI.java:253)
 at pwcg.gui.maingui.CampaignMainGUI.setupUI(CampaignMainGUI.java:193)
 at pwcg.gui.maingui.CampaignMainGUI.startPWCG(CampaignMainGUI.java:98)
 at pwcg.gui.maingui.CampaignMainGUI.main(CampaignMainGUI.java:65)
Invalid plane for loose skins for plane r8
Invalid plane for loose skins for plane f2bf2
Squadron skin not associated with plane <Esc 2><SS_PW_F02_DFTE>
Squadron skin not associated with plane <Esc 2><SS_PW_F02_DFTL>
Squadron skin not associated with plane <Esc 21><RE8_PW_F21_DFT>

I checked in ROFDATA\USER folder and the PlanesOwned.config is there. ( I had checked off all the planes I owned in PWCG before trying to run it from the gui)

Hope someone more computer intelligent then me can help

#10 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:20

Open a windows file explorer and copy in "C:\Program Files (x86)\1C-777\Rise of Flight\PWCGCampaign\RoFData\User".  This will ensure that the directory is really there, exactly per the text.

If that works,make sure that PlanesOwned.config exists in that directory.

If it is, try erasing it.  Then reselect the planes that you own.

If the file is exactly where PWCG says it is but Java won't open it then I can only think that it is a corruption or permissions issue.  Erasing the file and recreating it from PWCG will hopefully resolve the problem.

#11 Kelly621

Kelly621

Posted 18 May 2017 - 18:23

I followed your instructions and was able to copy the folder and verify that the PlanesOwned.config did exist. I deleted it and ran PWCG selecting the planes I owned. Checked to make sure that the file was in the user directory, which is was. When I started PWCG from within ROF using the GUI the same problem is still present. Checked the generated PWCG error message and it was the same as I posted earlier. I am starting to feel like I am cursed :)

Just tried downloading and replacing the interface file thinking it might be corrupt but did not make a difference.....if anyone can think of anything else I can try please do so. Will just have to continue starting PWCG outside of ROF manually for the present. Pat and Panthecules thanks for trying.

#12 Kelly621

Kelly621

Posted 27 May 2017 - 02:45

Well.....I had nothing to lose so I did a clean reinstall of the Window 10 OS, Java, ROF, PWCG and the GUI and now it works fine. Have no idea what caused the original problem, but now that it works I really don' t care :)

#13 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 27 May 2017 - 05:29

Glad you got it sorted.  Running it manually works OK but I think the GUI mod just makes it that much better.

#14 SURFORDIE420

SURFORDIE420

Posted 13 September 2018 - 15:55

The GUI not showing up when i use the latest version of PWCG. Was gonna try the older versions but I cannot find the gui mod anymore. Don't know what to do.

#15 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 13 September 2018 - 17:27

What PWCG do you use?
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#16 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 17 September 2018 - 15:59

The GUI not showing up when i use the latest version of PWCG. Was gonna try the older versions but I cannot find the gui mod anymore. Don't know what to do.

Seems you are using the 16.3.1
Do you have JAVA installed?
Can you publish screen shots were exact you did install PWCG in your RoF folder.
Try to open PWCG without using the ingame PWCG-GUI, does it work now?
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#17 SURFORDIE420

SURFORDIE420

Posted 17 September 2018 - 16:10

Hey Dutch2. Thanks for help. I will try and take a screenshot, but I am not that computer savvy. Both 16.3.1 and the gui mod I installed with JGSME. 

#18 SURFORDIE420

SURFORDIE420

Posted 17 September 2018 - 16:31

JSGME I mean. It creates a folder called RoFCampaign inside the main folder.

Looks like this. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rise of Flight 2.0\RoFCampaign

That is where the PWCG app is. If I activate from there I cannot launch a mission since ROF is not on. If I launch from game menu, it opens 2nd ROF game lol. 

Maybe I need to install newest version. But i do not know how.

Yes java is installed and updated.

#19 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 17 September 2018 - 16:44

Open PWCG direct from its folder and not from the ingame GUI, you can run PWCG separate.
Just try this and check if the generator did made an mission, if so it is the GUI thas wrong.

edit, this file can be found in the RofCampaign folder. So start this PWCG.exe file.

#20 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 01 October 2018 - 17:40

If you're still having trouble, you may want to uninstall all the previous PWCG/GUI mod stuff you've done so far and start over by D/L'ing this new package I've created and unzipping it into your MODS folder and activating it with JSGME.  It contains PWCG version 16.3.1 and the applicable GUI Mod in one package - I just tested it and it worked perfectly so hopefully it will solve your problems (or at least help you narrow them down to something outside of PWCG or the GUI Mod itself).

http://www.mediafire..._JSGME.zip/file

Of course, make sure that you have "mods on" ticked in your launcher before you start RoF, or else you won't see the PWCG menu choice in your game even though it's properly installed.

#21 vrlc919

vrlc919

Posted 07 November 2018 - 07:18

I would like to thank Panthercules for that wonderful package, it solved my problem and I am able to play this excellent career mod now.

Just for anyone with the same problem here is what I did to make it work. Initially I downloaded PWCG from Pat's webpage and followed the instructions as stated but to no avail - always the error log and program not starting (Java was updated to 8). Deleted all traces of that install and proceeded to download the package Panthercules uploaded to mediafire, enabled it from the JSGME shortcut and started the game and voila! PWCG option was in the game and ready to roll.

Thanks again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users