- - - - -

Rudder Control Options - No Pedals

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Odovacer

Odovacer
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 17 April 2017 - 03:36

I currently don't have pedals or a joystick with twist. I control the rudder with the default Z/X. Yeah, I know, but it's all I have for now. Main problem is, it's either midships, full starboard or full port - no graduation. I went into the profiles but I can't see where I can increment the rudder. Am I missing something (besides pedals wiseguys!)? Thanks.

#2 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 17 April 2017 - 04:58

The only thing I can think of is to check the Auto-rudder in the setting tab. 

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#3 Oliver88

Oliver88

Posted 17 April 2017 - 14:47

maybe an joystick emulator and autohotkeys could do it, though might require some work unless someone's already made such an script

#4 MikeMoss

MikeMoss
  • LocationMichigan USA

Posted 31 August 2017 - 17:31

On my Extreme 3D Pro joystick rotating the stick controls the rudder function.

A little-left aileron and a slight twisting motion feels natural.

If you shoot a mime, do you have to use a silencer?

#5 JoeCrow

JoeCrow

Posted 17 September 2017 - 11:02

The T16000m FCS stand-alone throttle may be worth a look. It is the first (as far as I know) to include a dedicated, self-centring, rudder-paddle and a precise slew-stick for mouse-look . It is good value-for-money and can also be connected directly to rudder pedals if you later wish to upgrade. It will work independently alongside any joystick including a twiststick, which will give you a choice of rudder-control. The rudder-paddle axis can also be used for any axis function that requires centring.

https://www.youtube....h?v=9PW94g8LHnM

#6 GrahamshereGT

GrahamshereGT
  • LocationDeroche,Britsh Columbia,Canada

Posted 18 September 2017 - 01:44

Wonder if you can change your throttle to be used as a rudder for now, use the keyboard for throttle.

#7 JoeCrow

JoeCrow

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:28

Wonder if you can change your throttle to be used as a rudder for now, use the keyboard for throttle.

You could certainly do something like that but self-centring might be an issue, unless the axis had a detectable centre-point. Any spare axis might work in that way and it is worth a try. I tried tying the rudder to the aileron axis and it worked. I even managed to get the ailerons and rudder to work together off the same stick axis. (interesting but not recommended).

You could also use a 2nd spare joystick or a  PC game-controller in a USB slot. The game would simply recognise it as joystick2. Then you could tie the rudder to whatever stick axis on joystick2 that you wished (roll for example). All of the other controls and buttons on joystick2 would also become available similar to a HOTAS.

Twin joystick setups are very popular with some folk because of their huge flexibility.

NOTE: RoF actually identifies a twin-stick setup as Joy-0 and Joy-1, which can be confusing.

Cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users