- - - - -

Left handed sickness

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Von_Maston1974

Von_Maston1974
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 April 2017 - 00:54

I have moved the topic from my introduction to this section of the forum. I did a forum search and did not see anything on what I am about to discuss so here goes.

I plan to purchase the thrustmaster 16000M and config it for my left handed self. That should be the easy part.

I have spent 30 hours offline trying to fly right handed so I could get a hotas with pedals set up made by thrustmaster I saw. No can do. I am set in my old ways lol.

This is where I have questions that I believe the community can help me with. I am thinking about purchasing Saitek throttle quadrant to use for throttle, fuel mixture and radiator(love to hate the radiator :) ) Has anyone used the Saitak throttle quadrant with any success? I could see linking a few together for multi engine recon and bombers. I disgress sorry.

I currently fly with a Saitek ST290 pro which is a wonderfully useless broken bag of not so greatness.

the other thing is I have always wanted to try out rudder pedals. I would either buy Saitek or Thrustmaster can anyone recommend either? the reviews are good for most but being a niche item I would presume must people fly with a twistable stick for rudder

thanks again.

Von_Maston

Von_Maston

(Former XO FA62 RB3D)

#2 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 14 April 2017 - 02:09

I have used both the Saitek Pro Flight quadrant and Saitek Pro Flight rudder pedals with RoF for several years now - highly recommend both.  Besides the fact that the pedals just feel more "authentic" and immersive, the twist-stick rudder makes it hard to aim and hit anything unless you really fiddle with a big dead zone in the middle, because it's really hard (at least for me) not to wind up twisting the stick a little just from the motion of pulling the trigger (or hitting one of the other stick-mounted buttons) even when you try not to do so.

Neither are absolute musts, of course (and would be things I personally would only add after (1) a decent stick and (2) TIR or other head tracking), but I've been very pleased that I finally took the plunge and got them both.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

#3 Oliver88

Oliver88

Posted 14 April 2017 - 03:00

I own an Saitek Quadrant too along with the Saitek Combat Pedals. Been fantastic happy I purchased both. Agreed both just feel more authentic to me than controls I used before hand.

Also the latters seen good usage in non-flight situations too for example in Arma3 I use them when as infantry to lean and chose my movement speed.

Two quadrants would indeed be awesome. :D

#4 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 14 April 2017 - 11:33

I went through couple of Saitek quadrants before switching to CH:) - they worked very well, but after two years of my use they start spiking. I recommend it as entry level quadrant - if you use it long and hard enough to wear it down, you're kind of user who needs more expansive (and rugged) model.

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users