Photo
- - - - -

No response to support ticket or support mail (emailchange)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
20 replies to this topic

#1 Feldarzt

Feldarzt

Posted 16 March 2017 - 20:13

Hello!

I decided to come back to Rise of Flight after quite some time. Finally I find time to do flightsimming again. Yes! But wait:

My old emailadress (from my registration in 2010) is not active anymore. Altough I am able to login to ROF with my outdatet and unaccessible email, I want to have a functual and actual email associated with my account to recive news and confirmation if I decide to buy something in the store:

I tried to tell support to change my login Email for three times now.

2 times I submitted a support ticket with a request to change my email pointing out the reason for my request (I was logged in though)

1 time I wrote an email to support@rof including a screenshot of my license keys and the request to change my email. After reading the support forum - I found out that this should work.

The outcome of which: I directly received an automatic answer to use the support form. Did that 2 times before, see above - honestly - are you kidding me?

There was not even an answer or a request to identify myself or any form of customer communication for whatever reason.

You know, I've been a fan since the beginning, invested a lot of money in the ROF store. That upsets me because I have always supported 777. 

I also read in the forum, that changing email adresses in BOS is a also a though thing. What happens if I'd need support with credit card payments? No answer es well?

You know, customer care is my daily business.

Not answering to support requests for weeks is not only an unprofessional  no go in treating customers but also a sign of desinterest in business and subject customer as a whole.

I'm ot even talking about the complete absence of a proper knowledge base or an official how to.

In 2017 it should be possible to change an emailadress without weeklong waitingtimes and no response. Truly this is a big disappointment.

Thanx for reading my 50 cent.

Help would be very appreciated tough.

#2 kkang2828

kkang2828
  • LocationGwangju City, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea

Posted 18 March 2017 - 22:39

They say the devs are a lot more active on the IL2 forums. Maybe you should try submitting a ticket there(and tell them to come back to RoF).

Also, you could try making a new account with your current email address(wait, did you make a purchase back in 2010?)

Yes it is sad that the devs have NO care for RoF nowadays. They aren't even trying to sign a contract with someone like they did with IL2 CloD and 1946

Maybe Jason(the 777 studio CEO) is a big-time WW2 aviation fan.

#3 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 18 March 2017 - 23:50

Not sure why you're not hearing back from customer support - although active development efforts appear to have ceased for RoF for the foreseeable future, they've generally remained responsive to trouble tickets submitted.  If you didn't purchase any planes/content on your old account, then the easiest thing to do probably would be to just start a new account with your new e-mail address and D/L the latest F2P version, and then buy whatever content you want on that account.  Of course, it you do have some purchased stuff on the old account that's not a very useful alternative.

I'm pretty sure from seeing him operate over the years that Jason is also a big WWI fan, but unfortunately they seem to have no faith in the economic prospects for enhancing RoF going forward, at least until they've played out their WWII BoX plans.  Fortunately, they at least left us with a very playable game with a ton of planes/content to enjoy before they travelled forward in time to WWII.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#4 =TBAS=REDMAN

=TBAS=REDMAN

Posted 19 March 2017 - 13:13

I just had my email changed. After 3 days of back and forth I sent them an email with my request along with screenshots of my account login, license keys, and purchases. The next day it was changed. Good luck Salute!
Salute! REDMAN

#5 Feldarzt

Feldarzt

Posted 19 March 2017 - 15:17

Hi everyone!

Thanx for the replies! Congrats Rottenmann. At least it is good to know, that there is someone for whom it worked.  I own tons of store-content. So I'm not going to make a new account. I bought the boxed edition back in 2010 - I suppose there was content in it, which is not included in the free version of today.

Anyway. I can login and sim with the stuff I have. No channelmap or Ilya for me then but that's ok. I have to accept that ROF has come to  the end of it's official support cycle.

Salute!

#6 =TBAS=REDMAN

=TBAS=REDMAN

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:47

?
Salute! REDMAN

#7 J5_Spyboy

J5_Spyboy

Posted 20 March 2017 - 17:28

I don't see a problem, you should still be able to buy content from the store, you just won't get the confirmation email.Treat yourself to the Channel Map as a test, then you will have access to all the maps used in the organised events e.g. Flanders in Flames, Bloody April. All pilots should try and support these if possible!!
Persevere with the support ticket as well, it may be that they are responding to your inaccessible account!

#8 Woops

Woops

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:39

I just had my email changed. After 3 days of back and forth I sent them an email with my request along with screenshots of my account login, license keys, and purchases. The next day it was changed. Good luck Salute!

Geez you were lucky.

I did everything you did, i.e., email request, screenshots of account login, license keys and purchases. To date I haven't heard back from them since the first week of March. So I'm still not able to login on my new email address. Pretty poor effort if you ask me.

#9 =TBAS=REDMAN

=TBAS=REDMAN

Posted 22 April 2017 - 13:22

I don't know what that's all about. Maybe I just got lucky.
Salute! REDMAN

#10 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationTrudolyubiye

Posted 24 April 2017 - 04:40

Maybe they were responding to your easy-going and calm personality?

#11 =TBAS=REDMAN

=TBAS=REDMAN

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:10

I've never given you any problems Ice, what's up?
Salute! REDMAN

#12 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 24 April 2017 - 12:16

Attached File  jTxK4bqTE.jpeg   149.98KB   1 downloads

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#13 GrahamshereGT

GrahamshereGT
  • LocationDeroche,Britsh Columbia,Canada

Posted 24 April 2017 - 16:19

You don't need too. that just what ice cream does, likes being an a-hole to all.

#14 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationTrudolyubiye

Posted 24 April 2017 - 18:07

That was called a friendly ribbing, you Twink!  But jesus, I guess one needs to put a smiley face by everything these days.

You don't need too. that just what ice cream does, likes being an a-hole to all.

No, not to all, only to those whose ongoing trollish behavior has done everything possible to warrant it, such as yourself. 

#15 =TBAS=REDMAN

=TBAS=REDMAN

Posted 24 April 2017 - 18:58

I'm sure you can understand why I thought differently, the Twink apologizes for any misunderstanding.
Salute! REDMAN

#16 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationTrudolyubiye

Posted 24 April 2017 - 19:18

I'm sure you can understand why I thought differently, the Twink apologizes for any misunderstanding.

I accept your apology this time, but don't let it happen again.

( :P ) <---gwam

#17 GrahamshereGT

GrahamshereGT

Posted 24 April 2017 - 19:39

Trollish behavior? wow, you are so messed up, you can't even distinguish your action as a true troll to mine that is the total opposite of what a troll is. Dude look in a mirror and you will see one ugly troll.

#18 GrahamshereGT

GrahamshereGT

Posted 24 April 2017 - 19:50

Wait, what. Gwam? is that my nickname on coms. huh . you do know that when you start high school you will get picked on.

#19 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationTrudolyubiye

Posted 24 April 2017 - 20:01

Wait, what. Gwam? is that my nickname on coms. huh .

Not even close

#20 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 24 April 2017 - 20:46

Holy Sheep sh-- does this need to happen in every thread?

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#21 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 24 April 2017 - 20:49

Maybe they were responding to your easy-going and calm personality?

That was called a friendly ribbing, you Twink!  But jesus, I guess one needs to put a smiley face by everything these days.

OMG  :icon_lol: . What's wrong with having easy going and calming personality, again? What kind of problems do I need to give Ice to have him start calling me that?

Looks like you do need to put simley face just to not make people feel threatened, Ice  ;) .

Wait, what. Gwam? is that my nickname on coms. huh . you do know that when you start high school you will get picked on.

You are aware you're quoting/paraphrasing Brave Sir Robin, word by word? That's what he was saying for years - you guys are real trolls / idiots / reason this game sucks, I'm just any means available to keep you away. 

Anyway, you've made plenty of attacks on other posters in last week or two, and even more attempts to provoke them and draw them into arguments. All well against forum rules. 

I apologise I've let it continue as long as I did, I had serious RL challenges since... February, really, and am still digging myself up. My thanks to everyone who remained calm and didn't let it errupt.

Since this thread was month old and dead when it was revived, I'm closing it now.

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users