Photo
- - - - -

snap forward view?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bobbysox

Bobbysox

Posted 07 March 2017 - 08:02

Guys, I have been trying to configure my thrustmasters hotas for the game and have most of the settings ok.  when working with the POV is there a way to return to forward view I don't know about? when I move the tophat it stays at the view even though the tophat centers.  I tried to assign a button to "snap forward" but when I hit that button it is if I am looking directly overhead.  I don't care if the tophat view stays like that but I would like a command that put me looking straight forward...what do I need to do.  new alienware laptop with windows 10..JS either thrustmaster hotas x or older topgun fox top 2 pro ( twist grip for rudder )...prefer hotas but will use the best that works.  the hotas has more buttons for more commands that is why I prefer it but can use keyboard if topgun pro is better stick.  thanks..been waiting a LONG time to play this game. 

#2 RagWing1505

RagWing1505
  • LocationEastern USA

Posted 07 March 2017 - 09:45

Bobbysox, There should be a default "snap forward view" already assigned- on your keyboard number pads, "5" should be the quick forward view. Hope this helps & you can always assign a controller button later, if you wish via the settings area.

#3 Bobbysox

Bobbysox

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:53

thanks RW. I will give it a try but the snap forward seems to give me another view...straight up. maybe the button I am choosing is already assigned and the conflict is screwing it up.

#4 Ghost_666

Ghost_666

Posted 15 March 2017 - 00:25

have to adjust the view to where you want it. This is done by:

1. Turn off any head tracking you may have, R ctrl + F9 (default)

2. Press and hold the 5 key or any view key you wish to adjust

3. adjust view by the head up, down, left, right zoom-in, out keys.

4. Press the F10 (default) key to save the view.

Hope this helps :icon_e_smile:

Circling, Circling, in the sun.  Desperately trying to use my gun.  Up and down and around about.  Left and right I through my Scout.  When I had that Hun, on the run.  My little Newport she spun.  Down and down, with speed I went.  Into the ground, without wings I was sent.  In the mess the empty chair is set.  My flying time is spent.

#5 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:07

What Ghost said.  Also, if you find that your normal snap forward view key/command is suddenly giving you a weird result, it's likely that you hit F10 by mistake somewhere along the way (probably without even noticing it) while you were looking somewhere else and it saved that as the new default/forward view.  Lots of folks re-assign the save function from plain F10 to a key combination (perhaps something like CTRL+F10) so that it's not so easy to hit by mistake.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

#6 Bobbysox

Bobbysox

Posted 17 March 2017 - 19:06

thanks guys,  I messed with it and found snap head center, mapped that and its has worked well so far.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users