Photo
- - - - -

How to set simple views???

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Caerus

Caerus

Posted 03 March 2017 - 19:39

I don't think this should be that difficult, but as a newbie, this has defeated me for the past two nights.

Basically, I downloaded ROF this week and tried to play it but haven't had much luck. I use to play Red Baron 3D, but had to give it up when I lost my Windows XP machine. So I thought I'd give ROF a try. 

I found the free SPAD XIII and have been trying it on Quick Mission. I was able to set the plane's controls to the Number Pad keys for flying and that seems to work okay. I can bring up the gauges, icons and the map and generally get around, no problem. So I understand (I think) about assigning keys to the various controls in the setup, but what I need are three quick views I can snap to when coming up on an enemy plane. 

What I'd like to do is set three views and assign them to F1, F2 and F3 respectively. 

F1: A view looking forward from the cockpit, used for general flying

F2: A view that locks on to the closest enemy plane, used to chase an opponent.

F3: A view through the gun port, used for shooting

I can't seem to get these views. At times, pressing NumPad 5 snaps to a cockpit view but then other times it does not. I find my self often looking at the INSIDE of the cockpit and then scrambling to get back to looking out the windshield. 

Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I be looking at camera controls or pilot head controls? And which ones?

Thanks!

#2 Conscious_Pilot

Conscious_Pilot
  • LocationVirginia_USA

Posted 12 August 2018 - 16:47

No replies yet!? I'm having same issues coming from FS9. I can fly reasonably well, but keeping situational awareness is damn near impossible.

#3 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 12 August 2018 - 17:55

Just in case, did you read the manual at https://riseofflight...official-links/
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#4 J2_Bidu

J2_Bidu

Posted 12 August 2018 - 19:19

You can also overcome all this by buying the "standard" head-tracking TrackIR solution, any of the cheaper "non-standard" products or the dirt-cheap do-it-yourself components (some assembling skills necessary).

#5 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 12 August 2018 - 20:24

You can also overcome all this by buying the "standard" head-tracking TrackIR solution, any of the cheaper "non-standard" products or the dirt-cheap do-it-yourself components (some assembling skills necessary).

Or use a mouse (or even better, a trackball mouse) to look around with, or use a hat switch on your joystick (which you really need to get - even a cheap stick is sooooo much better than trying to fly with a keyboard).

If you do persist in trying to use the F keys to work with such views, be sure to disable/unassign those keys from their default assignments as the conflicts will mess you up big time.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users