* * * * * 2 votes

Updates: 100 Registrants - Bloody April VII Campaign - 100 Years Later

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#41 JG1_Dudley

JG1_Dudley

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:02

S! Etzel

Glad you joined. It will be good to fly with you again. Hopefully on the same side!

I think you've done the Mods install correctly. I assume you have unzipped the BA7 Modpack V2017.03.19.zip file to your mods folder.

Ignore the install screenshots - they have not been updated.

In JSGME, the only mod you need to activate is BA7 Modpack V2017.03.19 - It seems to be all the required mods compiled into one.

The true test is: Can you successfully join the BA7Test1 (Mods On) server?

Regards,

Dudley

#42 J5_Baeumer

J5_Baeumer

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:53

S! Surfimp.....sorry for overlooking your post....welcome aboard...look for an assignment sometime late this week before the practice mission.

Paul Bäumer

Jagdstaffel (Jasta) 5

www.jasta5.org

#43 J5_Baeumer

J5_Baeumer

Posted 23 March 2017 - 03:55

S! Etzel....late registrants will be assigned late this week prior to the practice mission.

Paul Bäumer

Jagdstaffel (Jasta) 5

www.jasta5.org

#44 Surfimp

Surfimp
  • LocationSanta Barbara, CA, USA

Posted 23 March 2017 - 15:04

S! Surfimp.....sorry for overlooking your post....welcome aboard...look for an assignment sometime late this week before the practice mission.

Thank you very much! I'm really looking forward to this. Sorry for the inconvenience but I didn't want to miss out.

S! for organizing and managing this, your efforts are very much appreciated.

Founding Member, SPADaholics Anonymous

#45 etzel

etzel

Posted 23 March 2017 - 21:33

Thanks a lot for the Feedback, also to Dudley regarding the Mod-Patch!

Looking Forward, will try to join the missions as often as possible...

Salute! :icon_e_salute: 

#46 J5_Baeumer

J5_Baeumer

Posted 24 March 2017 - 16:18

With regards to the patch, a last minute "bundle" of all the patches was made after the final rules were made.  So the screenshot in the rules is not quite accurate technically.  You just have one patch (the Bloody April Patch) and move it over to the right column in the mods manager.  Then you go into the practice server with mods on and if you can fly around for 5 minutes without something bad happening, you are good to go.  This is addressed in the event forums and in Dudley's post above (Thank you Dudley).

Paul Bäumer

Jagdstaffel (Jasta) 5

www.jasta5.org

#47 J5_Baeumer

J5_Baeumer

Posted 24 March 2017 - 16:19

Pilot Rosters updated on the event forum....sides are 47 to 47.  One of the largest Bloody Aprils to date.

Paul Bäumer

Jagdstaffel (Jasta) 5

www.jasta5.org

#48 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 24 March 2017 - 17:02

Pilot Rosters updated on the event forum....sides are 47 to 47.  One of the largest Bloody Aprils to date.

Quick question: Is there any particular reason that -NW-I-Got-Shot and myself are on different teams?

Regards,

4 :icon_e_salute:

#49 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann
  • LocationChateau Boistrancourt

Posted 24 March 2017 - 17:25

Quick question: Is there any particular reason that -NW-I-Got-Shot and myself are on different teams?

Regards,

Don't know....Maybe Shot is really Krusty. I'm sure Baeumer will sort it out.

#50 J5_Baeumer

J5_Baeumer

Posted 24 March 2017 - 18:10

Please post questions on the event forum.  Thanks.

Paul Bäumer

Jagdstaffel (Jasta) 5

www.jasta5.org

#51 etzel

etzel

Posted 24 March 2017 - 22:20

S! Etzel

Glad you joined. It will be good to fly with you again. Hopefully on the same side!

Hi Dudley, seems this year we are on different sides...

But well, no reason to complaint as on both sides there are lots of great guys and pilots!  :icon_e_biggrin: 

Looking forward to the f(l)igths with and against all of you!!

Salute

:icon_e_salute: 

#52 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 25 March 2017 - 22:08

Hi guys!

I downloaded the mod pack, activated it in JGSME, and was able to join the test server a few days before today. I was able to join the test mission today with no issues. I was able to fly around for at least 15 minutes and helped my team bust a balloon. I was just vectoring my flight onto a pair of enemy Albatrosses when my screen totally froze. I could hear my engine running and could hear that it still responded to my throttle input, but my screen was frozen. I Alt-Tabbed out to find this message "Failed to load object." 

After that, I could not load onto the server again. I deleted all my mods, redownloaded and reinstalled the BA mod pack, but no luck. I ran the game in mods-off, joined a server, and then ran ROF in mods on again and tried to join the BA server. No luck. I could find the server, the server would load, but then the beginning map would not appear and my screen would freeze. My squadmates said that the server chat said I joined each time I tried, but my game would always freeze before reaching the opening map. Alt-Tabbing out revealed the same message again: "Failed to load object."  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

I would sincerely appreciate some help here guys!

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

xAKPpvf.jpg

#53 J5_Baeumer

J5_Baeumer

Posted 26 March 2017 - 03:20

See updates in first post of thread dated March 26th.  100th registrant for this year's Bloody April Campaign remembering the 100th year anniversary of the Battle of Arras and historic Bloody April!

Paul Bäumer

Jagdstaffel (Jasta) 5

www.jasta5.org

#54 Surfimp

Surfimp

Posted 26 March 2017 - 14:14

J5_Baumer, thanks so much for including me in this. I had a great time yesterday flying with FourSpeed and the gang. Was a great experience! Really looking forward to the rest of the month.

S!

#55 J5_Baeumer

J5_Baeumer

Posted 26 March 2017 - 16:51

It's great to have you Surfimp.  Glad you enjoyed yourself on the server test and are looking forward to the actual event! 

Paul Bäumer

Jagdstaffel (Jasta) 5

www.jasta5.org

#56 J5_Matthias

J5_Matthias

Posted 26 March 2017 - 18:49

Hi guys!

I downloaded the mod pack, activated it in JGSME, and was able to join the test server a few days before today. I was able to join the test mission today with no issues. I was able to fly around for at least 15 minutes and helped my team bust a balloon. I was just vectoring my flight onto a pair of enemy Albatrosses when my screen totally froze. I could hear my engine running and could hear that it still responded to my throttle input, but my screen was frozen. I Alt-Tabbed out to find this message "Failed to load object." 

After that, I could not load onto the server again. I deleted all my mods, redownloaded and reinstalled the BA mod pack, but no luck. I ran the game in mods-off, joined a server, and then ran ROF in mods on again and tried to join the BA server. No luck. I could find the server, the server would load, but then the beginning map would not appear and my screen would freeze. My squadmates said that the server chat said I joined each time I tried, but my game would always freeze before reaching the opening map. Alt-Tabbing out revealed the same message again: "Failed to load object."  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

I would sincerely appreciate some help here guys!

Hotlead see my post in the J5 forum. 

#57 Adler_Blau

Adler_Blau

Posted 27 March 2017 - 02:45

Gentlemen, registration for this week flights began, check the Jasta 5 forum and do not forget do it during all april.

:icon_e_salute:

69f899eca96d.png

#58 J5_Matthias

J5_Matthias

Posted 31 March 2017 - 02:42

ORDER OF BATTLE AND PRELIMINARY WEATHER FORECAST WERE JUST POSTED FOR MISSION 1.

GET THEM UNDER THE GENERAL DISCUSSION / NOTAM SECTION OF THE FORUM.

This year we'll be using realtime weather from Lille and Albert Picarde weather stations.

#59 J5_Spyboy

J5_Spyboy

Posted 01 April 2017 - 20:01

I am so sorry I couldn't get TS to work, I am sure it's a clash between the new monitor speakers and headset.
I will resolve asap, I only got new pc Thursday,didn't copy all my profiles coz I didn't know how to, so it's kinda start again!

#60 Surfimp

Surfimp

Posted 02 April 2017 - 03:14

That was so much fun today! Thanks all who participated. Seemed to go quite smoothly overall. Thanks J5 for making it happen!

#61 J5_Baeumer

J5_Baeumer

Posted 08 April 2017 - 16:49

All pilots:  see updates for April 8th  in first post of this thread.

Paul Bäumer

Jagdstaffel (Jasta) 5

www.jasta5.org

#62 J5_Baeumer

J5_Baeumer

Posted 15 April 2017 - 03:03

All pilots:  see updates for April 14th in first post of this thread.

Paul Bäumer

Jagdstaffel (Jasta) 5

www.jasta5.org

#63 J5_Matthias

J5_Matthias

Posted 30 April 2017 - 11:30

Final scores for the campaign posted.  Awards will be posted later this week. Thanks for flying everyone!.

#64 J5_Baeumer

J5_Baeumer

Posted 30 April 2017 - 18:39

Thank you to everyone who flew in this years event and for making it not only successful but fun!  S!

Paul Bäumer

Jagdstaffel (Jasta) 5

www.jasta5.org

#65 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 30 April 2017 - 18:51

A big salute from Jasta 2 to The organizers and everyone who participated in BA this year!

Thank you!

#66 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 30 April 2017 - 21:08

Ditto! :icon_e_salute:

sig9.png

#67 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:08

Thanks for a fun time J5! Salute! :icon_e_salute:

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

xAKPpvf.jpg

#68 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 01 May 2017 - 17:58

Thanks, once again, to our gracious J5 hosts for putting on another excellent event!

Also, thanks to both teams for your time, participation and camaraderie.  As always, those are key reasons for getting involved in these events in the first place, and personally, I very much enjoyed the company of my wingmen, even those "enemies" who conscripted me for a week to help balance sides -- it was great fun flying with all of you!  :)

Cheers,

PS> Also, a special thank you to the Team Leaders for the organizing and planning efforts you undertake -- they really make the difference between a focused campaign and random mayhem.  S!

#69 JG1_Vonrd_J10

JG1_Vonrd_J10
  • LocationOakland CA

Posted 01 May 2017 - 19:33

Salute! J5 and all participating pilots! (seems like quite a few who registered didn't actually show up... shame on y'all, though I'm sure real life probably may have been a factor)   ;)

#70 US103_Baer

US103_Baer

Posted 02 May 2017 - 06:54

I didn't see any videos of mission action from BA VII. Any particular reason or have i just missed them?

Is anyone planning to release some?

I'd like to join an event in future and mission videos can give a good idea of whats expected. 

S!

Paul

BxlHM7Q.png                  HaO2aNP.png

#71 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 03 May 2017 - 19:07

S! Paul

I think there are some trailer footage on the J5 website.

A great series is 'The Hunt for the Red Eagle".   This is a series of actual videos from Flanders in Flames, a tournament format similar to Bloody April.  It will give you a good idea of the combat experience.

sig9.png

#72 US103_Baer

US103_Baer

Posted 07 May 2017 - 00:03

Thanks.
Yes I've seen hftre. Enjoyed it a lot and looking forward to the 'new season'.

#73 US103_Baer

US103_Baer

Posted 07 May 2017 - 00:03

Edited repeat post

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users