To automatically get notified of updates, follow/subscribe to this thread using the follow button above to the right on this page.
March 26, 2017 - Updates from the Arras Sector - Bloody April breaks triple digits with the 100th registrant in the 100th year anniversary of the historical Bloody April Battle of Arras. Hostilities begin April 1st!
March 19, 2017 - Updates from the Arras Sector -
- Bloody April 7 mods patch released (157 Mb). Log on here to the J5 event forum to see download instructions and the link to download the required patch.
- Bloody April Practice Server Active. Get the patch and don't forget to activate Mods On in the game dashboard to see the server. No password.
March 18, 2017 - Updates from the Arras Sector -
- Team assignments have been updated and are available. Log on here to the J5 event forum to see updated pilot assignments - NOTE that several MERCS were switched from blue team to red team to even sides. If you do not see your name on the list, it would be a good thing for you to register for the event using the link on the website at the bottom of this post.
- Final rules have been posted and are available. Log on here to the J5 event forum to see final rules. NOTE the information about the "No Fly Zone".
March 12, 2017 - Updates from the Arras Sector - Team assignments have been posted on the event forum and registration is closing.
Log into the event forum to see pilot assignments. If you do not see your name on the list, it would be a good thing for you to register for the event using the link on the website at the bottom of this post.
March 4, 2017 - Updates from the Arras Sector - The following changes/updates will be made to the rules set for this years event:
- The server will be expanded to accommodate up to 60 pilots (the number flying in FiF)
- No Friday sorties.
- Two sorties each day - each sortie is 2 hours with 30 minutes between. This reduces the total flight time from 7 hours last year to 4.5 hours.
- Red/Blue team format - each team will fly one sortie per day on each side. This is similar to Black September and FiF and makes for a fair contest between teams.
- A night sortie with full moon and clear weather will be run in the fifth week.
March 3, 2017 - Updates from the Arras Sector - Rules Seminar time changed to 1200 hours Eastern USA time zone March 4.
Feb 19, 2017 - Updates from the Arras Sector - Registration is open and active (and fixed) for all pilots and squads. All pilots must register for a) the event, the event forum, c) the event parser. Be sure to follow the registration instructions found in the event registration portal link in the message below. Pilots who have registered on the forum but have never posted on the forum or have never accessed the account during the past 18 months will need to re-register on the forum.
Feb 29, 2017 - Draft Rules are posted on the event forum (requires forum registration and login to access).
Feb 4, 2017 - For immediate release - please forward this message to your fellow pilots and link this thread in your forums.
Flying & Fighting
Fame or Flame?
Bloody April VII – 100 Years Later in the Arras Sector
Rise of Flight
March 25 – April 29, 2017
Jasta 5 is proud to present the Rise of Flight community with the seventh Bloody April Campaign: Bloody April VII – Springtime in Arras during the 100th anniversary of the historical event. Be a part of this historic recreation of events a century ago!
The inaugural Bloody April campaign was critically acclaimed and since then thousands of flight hours have been logged in what has become the RoF communities premiere world-wide annual multiplayer campaign. The campaign runs each year on each Saturday of late March-April.
Bloody April is distinguished as the first ever community wide team campaign in Rise of Flight. It was originally conceived during the Red Baron 3D days in 2006 by J5_Paul Bäumer and brought to life in Rise of Flight through collaborations with talented Jasta 5 mission builders such as J5_Rumey and J5_Matthias and several talented community members over the years.
2011 - Bloody April I Entente were victorious on the last mission of the last day after 12 missions flown over four weekends!
2012 - Bloody April II resulted in a tie after over 1,000 flight hours were logged!
2013 - Bloody April III Entente was victorious once again.
2014 - Bloody April IV Central won in a decisive battle.
2015 - Bloody April V Entente were victorious.
2016 - Bloody April VI Central were victorious.
2017 - History is waiting to be made by those brave enough to try!
Following in the footsteps of the ground breaking innovative events of previous years, this years event continues to push the envelope of the currently available RoF features and community mission design for maximum realism and immersion set in a historical and primarily objective based event. This year’s event will be situated in the Arras sector. The event will be historically based but not a historical reenactment; it will be immersive but not at the expense of enjoyment while continuing its ground breaking tradition in mission building and realism over The Front!
Overview: a total of 2 two-hour sorties that will be conducted Saturdays1800-2230 GMT. There will be plenty of room for everyone to fly in the premiere RoF multi-player campaign of the year!
Jasta 5 is proud and honored to be in a position to once again present this updated and improved immersive community wide event. Please support the RoF community through your participation. We look forward to meeting you all in the skies over the Arras sector this year! Draft rules and registration is posted on our event website! Block out your flying calendars, and start checking your equipment and register today!
*March 4 will be a rules seminar at 1700 GMT. A practice server will be up the following week using similar missions and server settings as the actual event.
Individual pilot event registrations are required and will be approved on a space available basis after the initial open registration and at the discretion of the event organizers.
Draft Rules: Will be posted to the Event Forum (must be registered for the event to view and download). We will be using rules from last years event with only minor changes anticipated.
Official Event Schedule of Events and Registration Portal: http://www.jasta5.org/events/bloodyapril/index.htm