Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Updates: 100 Registrants - Bloody April VII Campaign - 100 Years Later

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#1 J5_Baeumer

J5_Baeumer

Posted 05 February 2017 - 18:59

To automatically get notified of updates, follow/subscribe to this thread using the follow button above to the right on this page.

April 30, 1917 - Updates from the Arras Sector - hostilities along the front have ceased and final results posted on the event forum.  Thank you to everyone who participated and make the event such a success and fun.

April 14, 1917 - Updates from the Arras Sector - just a reminder that the Easter Truce is this weekend.

April 8, 1917 - Updates from the Arras Sector - Week 1 was won by the Red Team.  Intelligence and weather reports and planning by both sides are ongoing in preparations for today's missions!  Check your team's ops forum on the official event forum at http://www.jasta5.or...wforum.php?f=87or join in on the event Teamspeak server at jasta5.teamspeak3.com.  Missions begin in a little over one hour.

April 1, 1917 - Updates from the Arras Sector - Hostilities have begun!

March 26, 2017 - Updates from the Arras Sector - Bloody April breaks  triple digits with the 100th registrant in the 100th year anniversary of the historical Bloody April Battle of Arras. Hostilities begin April 1st!

March 19, 2017 - Updates from the Arras Sector -

• Bloody April 7 mods patch released (157 Mb).  Log on here to the J5 event forum to see download instructions and the link to download the required patch.
  • Bloody April Practice Server Active.  Get the patch and don't forget to activate Mods On in the game dashboard to see the server.  No password.

March 18, 2017 - Updates from the Arras Sector -

• Team assignments have been updated and are available.  Log on here to the J5 event forum to see updated pilot assignments - NOTE that several MERCS were switched from blue team to red team to even sides. If you do not see your name on the list, it would be a good thing for you to register for the event using the link on the website at the bottom of this post.
  • Final rules have been posted and are available.  Log on here to the J5 event forum to see final rules.  NOTE the information about the "No Fly Zone". 

March 12, 2017 - Updates from the Arras Sector - Team assignments have been posted on the event forum and registration is closing. 

Log into the event forum to see pilot assignments.  If you do not see your name on the list, it would be a good thing for you to register for the event using the link on the website at the bottom of this post.

March 4, 2017 - Updates from the Arras Sector - The following changes/updates will be made to the rules set for this years event

• The server will be expanded to accommodate up to 60 pilots (the number flying in FiF)
  • No Friday sorties.
  • Two sorties each day - each sortie is 2 hours with 30 minutes between.  This reduces the total flight time from 7 hours last year to 4.5 hours.
  • Red/Blue team format - each team will fly one sortie per day on each side.  This is similar to Black September and FiF and makes for a fair contest between teams.
  • A night sortie with full moon and clear weather will be run in the fifth week.

March 3, 2017 - Updates from the Arras Sector - Rules Seminar time changed to 1200 hours Eastern USA time zone March 4.

Feb 19, 2017 - Updates from the Arras Sector - Registration is open and active (and fixed) for all pilots and squads. All pilots must register for a) the event, B) the event forum, c) the event parser. Be sure to follow the registration instructions found in the event registration portal link in the message below. Pilots who have registered on the forum but have never posted on the forum or have never accessed the account during the past 18 months will need to re-register on the forum.

Feb 29, 2017 - Draft Rules are posted on the event forum (requires forum registration and login to access).

Feb 4, 2017 - For immediate release - please forward this message to your fellow pilots and link this thread in your forums.

Flying & Fighting

Fame or Flame?

Bloody April VII – 100 Years Later in the Arras Sector

Rise of Flight

March 25 – April 29, 2017

Jasta 5 is proud to present the Rise of Flight community with the seventh Bloody April Campaign: Bloody April VII – Springtime in Arras during the 100th anniversary of the historical event. Be a part of this historic recreation of events a century ago!

The inaugural Bloody April campaign was critically acclaimed and since then thousands of flight hours have been logged in what has become the RoF communities premiere world-wide annual multiplayer campaign. The campaign runs each year on each Saturday of late March-April.

Campaign History:
Bloody April is distinguished as the first ever community wide team campaign in Rise of Flight. It was originally conceived during the Red Baron 3D days in 2006 by J5_Paul Bäumer and brought to life in Rise of Flight through collaborations with talented Jasta 5 mission builders such as J5_Rumey and J5_Matthias and several talented community members over the years.

Campaign Victories:
2011 - Bloody April I Entente were victorious on the last mission of the last day after 12 missions flown over four weekends!

2012 - Bloody April II resulted in a tie after over 1,000 flight hours were logged!
2013 - Bloody April III Entente was victorious once again.
2014 - Bloody April IV Central won in a decisive battle.
2015 - Bloody April V Entente were victorious.
2016 - Bloody April VI Central were victorious.
2017 - History is waiting to be made by those brave enough to try!

Campaign Developments:
Following in the footsteps of the ground breaking innovative events of previous years, this years event continues to push the envelope of the currently available RoF features and community mission design for maximum realism and immersion set in a historical and primarily objective based event. This year’s event will be situated in the Arras sector. The event will be historically based but not a historical reenactment; it will be immersive but not at the expense of enjoyment while continuing its ground breaking tradition in mission building and realism over The Front!

Overview: a total of 2 two-hour sorties that will be conducted Saturdays1800-2230 GMT. There will be plenty of room for everyone to fly in the premiere RoF multi-player campaign of the year!

Jasta 5 is proud and honored to be in a position to once again present this updated and improved immersive community wide event. Please support the RoF community through your participation. We look forward to meeting you all in the skies over the Arras sector this year! Draft rules and registration is posted on our event website! Block out your flying calendars, and start checking your equipment and register today!

*March 4 will be a rules seminar at 1700 GMT. A practice server will be up the following week using similar missions and server settings as the actual event.

Individual pilot event registrations are required and will be approved on a space available basis after the initial open registration and at the discretion of the event organizers.

Draft Rules: Will be posted to the Event Forum (must be registered for the event to view and download). We will be using rules from last years event with only minor changes anticipated.

Official Event Schedule of Events and Registration Portal: http://www.jasta5.org/events/bloodyapril/index.htm

Paul Bäumer

Jagdstaffel (Jasta) 5

www.jasta5.org

#2 JG1_Vonrd_J10

JG1_Vonrd_J10
  • LocationOakland CA

Posted 06 February 2017 - 17:04

I assume I'm registered if I can log in to the Stats and the Forum?

#3 Genius

Genius

Posted 07 February 2017 - 20:42

Good news !

Thank you Jasta 5 !

#4 Gascan87

Gascan87

Posted 10 February 2017 - 02:03

"Bloody April VII Central were victorious."

Is that a prediction, Baeumer? I shall do my utmost to prevent such from coming to pass.

#5 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann
  • LocationChateau Boistrancourt

Posted 10 February 2017 - 14:58

Should have been Bloody April VI

#6 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 10 February 2017 - 15:01

Corrected.

Forum moderator.

Adjutant, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

bav.jpg

#7 Spyboy

Spyboy

Posted 11 February 2017 - 14:25

I am having real trouble registering through the J5 Site, I keep getting redirected errors about domain names!
I am unsure whether I have subscribed to J5 in the past.

#8 J5_Baeumer

J5_Baeumer

Posted 12 February 2017 - 16:45

...if people get that error message no worries....you are registered...there seems to be a problem redirecting to the j5 forum. It will get fixed next weekend.... sorry for the temporary inconvenience...

Past participants who have active accounts on our forum received an email invitation. They should indicate their plans to fly in this year's event by registering but do not need to set up new forum accounts...

Paul Bäumer

Jagdstaffel (Jasta) 5

www.jasta5.org

#9 JG1_Vonrd_J10

JG1_Vonrd_J10
  • LocationOakland CA

Posted 13 February 2017 - 05:10

Past participants who have active accounts on our forum received an email invitation. They should indicate their plans to fly in this year's event by registering but do not need to set up new forum accounts...

I didn't receive an e-mail and wasn't able to register but am able to log in... do I need to do anything else?

#10 J5_Gamecock

J5_Gamecock

Posted 13 February 2017 - 23:14

Like me, some of you are probably old enough to remember this.......

Attached File  testpattern.jpg   77.08KB   3 downloads

We are experiencing technical difficulties.....  Please stand by 

Gamecock,The Kickin Chickin 

GCsig.png

#11 J2_Jakob

J2_Jakob
  • LocationPrague, Czech Republic

Posted 14 February 2017 - 09:56

I'd like to ask for no night missions. It was a real struggle in the last BA. People were fiddling with absurd gamma settings to achieve better visibility, effectively forcing everyone to do the same to prevent being utterly disadvantaged. The result was an awful mixture of fifty shades of grey, completely unrealistic. It hurts eyes to stare into such a mess for two hours. I still see that ugly "rendering circle" in my mind's eye.

I know you, gentlemen, invest serious amount of time and work to make the BA missions as close to a realistic experience as possible. I remember the semi-suicidal task of destroying a search-light in a Pup (with standard gamma setting!), being caught in multiple rays and running like a frightened rabbit. It was a terrifying experience and I understand the wish to create such missions. Alas, the technology seems to be failing us here IMO.

Dusk/dawn missions would be fantastic, but please, no absolute darkness.

:icon_e_salute:

eol_bavi.jpg

#12 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 14 February 2017 - 17:43

I've loved the night missions (despite, rather than thanks to, having to fiddle with gamma). But they always reminded me why, historically, they were flown with clear skies and full moon. It does a world of difference.

Extra irony in that RoF has beautiful night setting that is barely ever used... and when it is, it's obscured by fog and overcast. It is possible to navigate like historical pilots did, tell land from the sky and use shining rivers to find your way... but we never get to.

2013_8_31__14_36_39.jpg

Forum moderator.

Adjutant, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

bav.jpg

#13 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 15 February 2017 - 02:05

It is ON!!!! *raises glass*

#14 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 15 February 2017 - 02:09

And as for the night missions, they are a must have as far as I'm concerned.  If it's too dark to fly, lighten your gamma, it's really that simple.  That being said, don't go 100% with your gamma to make it "realistic" and fair :)  Just imagine what it must have been like in real life!

#15 J2_Jakob

J2_Jakob
  • LocationPrague, Czech Republic

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:44

If it's too dark to fly, lighten your gamma, it's really that simple.

Simple, yes. But then it doesn't look like a night anymore, does it...  :( More like an ordinary day in Mordor.

Just imagine what it must have been like in real life!

That's the only thing I have left. Use my imagination. But it's kinda difficult to fly the RoF night mission and imagine what it must have been like IRL at the same time...  :unsure:

Trupo, I'll give a night mission a shot tonight, to see how it actually looks like with clear sky and default gamma...  :icon_e_salute:

--- edit ---

Clear sky makes a world of difference. Not that it would be easy to actually spot planes. It's totally possible to pass an enemy at 500m distance without even knowing he's there while looking in his direction without full zoom, but at least there's something nice to look at (moon, stars), and it makes navigation a lot easier.

I have also compared the 50% and 100% gamma setting and I can imagine flying with both settings. 100% makes the picture a good deal brighter, but it's nothing I couldn't bear, compared to 100% with overcast and fog.

eol_bavi.jpg

#16 J5_Baeumer

J5_Baeumer

Posted 20 February 2017 - 06:22

Feb 19, 2017 - Updates from the Arras Sector - see updates listed at the top of the first post of this thread.

Paul Bäumer

Jagdstaffel (Jasta) 5

www.jasta5.org

#17 Adler_Blau

Adler_Blau

Posted 20 February 2017 - 11:07

Will send list of my russian speaking pilots next week for "list registration".

69f899eca96d.png

#18 Spyboy

Spyboy

Posted 24 February 2017 - 12:45

:icon_e_salute: I have emailed the site admins, because I still haven't got an activation email, when I click on the Big Orange Button I get an error message, although I am registered on the J5 Site. :icon_e_salute:

#19 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 24 February 2017 - 18:35

I get an error 403 signing into to parser page.
Hauptmann 
Jagdstaffel 2 "Boelcke"

xfnaaHq.jpg

#20 Spyboy

Spyboy

Posted 26 February 2017 - 09:31

:icon_e_salute: I have emailed the site admins, because I still haven't got an activation email, when I click on the Big Orange Button I get an error message, although I am registered on the J5 Site. :icon_e_salute:

havent had s response yet :(

#21 J5_Gamecock

J5_Gamecock

Posted 26 February 2017 - 15:09

S!  

Spyboy, Cannot find your name on either the parser list or the forum list.  Are you using the same name in both?  Try to register on the parser page first, and then re-try registering for BA. Send me a PM if you still cant get it working.

Adam, I see your last login to the parser was last week. Are you still having trouble logging in?  Please try again and let me know.

GCsig.png

#22 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 26 February 2017 - 15:53

Hi gamecock,

I registered for BA an I've been a j5 forum member for years. Last week I tried logging into the parser and it gave me an error 403. I'll try again.
Hauptmann 
Jagdstaffel 2 "Boelcke"

xfnaaHq.jpg

#23 J5_Baeumer

J5_Baeumer

Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:42

All pilots:see March 3 update on first post of thread.

Paul Bäumer

Jagdstaffel (Jasta) 5

www.jasta5.org

#24 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:55

S!

Spyboy, Cannot find your name on either the parser list or the forum list. Are you using the same name in both? Try to register on the parser page first, and then re-try registering for BA. Send me a PM if you still cant get it working.

Adam, I see your last login to the parser was last week. Are you still having trouble logging in? Please try again and let me know.

Ok there's no problemo here gamecok im all signed up! Thanks bud.
Hauptmann 
Jagdstaffel 2 "Boelcke"

xfnaaHq.jpg

#25 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 04 March 2017 - 19:58

Not sure why but I've gotten this (see below) a few times while using this link: http://www.jasta5.or...hp?f=61&t=1927 

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function mysql_connect() in /homepages/15/d164406626/htdocs/jasta5.org/phpBB3/includes/db/mysql.php:47 Stack trace: #0 /homepages/15/d164406626/htdocs/jasta5.org/phpBB3/common.php(108): dbal_mysql->sql_connect('db424800831.db....', 'dbo424800831', 'timpw4phpbb3!', 'db424800831', '3306', false, false) #1 /homepages/15/d164406626/htdocs/jasta5.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php(17): include('/homepages/15/d...') #2 {main} thrown in /homepages/15/d164406626/htdocs/jasta5.org/phpBB3/includes/db/mysql.php on line 47

Latest one was today.

Hauptmann 
Jagdstaffel 2 "Boelcke"

xfnaaHq.jpg

#26 J5_Baeumer

J5_Baeumer

Posted 04 March 2017 - 20:41

Hi Adam,

You tried to access the forum during the 5 minutes today we were doing some forum updates. Please try again.

Paul Bäumer

Jagdstaffel (Jasta) 5

www.jasta5.org

#27 J5_Baeumer

J5_Baeumer

Posted 04 March 2017 - 20:41

All pilots:  please see the updates in the first post on this thread for March 4.

Paul Bäumer

Jagdstaffel (Jasta) 5

www.jasta5.org

#28 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 11 March 2017 - 04:08

I'm sorry but I'm really disappointed with the changes. Friday missions are scrubbed, only 2 on saturday, only 1 night mission, switching sides. All this on the 100th anniversary? I cannot understand why it would be so radically changed in format after so many successful years.  The intense amount of sorties is what made Bloody April the premier event that it was, different than the rest.   Apologies, but I probably won't be making it to many of these missions this year.

#29 J5_Baeumer

J5_Baeumer

Posted 11 March 2017 - 05:05

We listened to pilots, and the data regarding flying time on the later missions, and these are the changes that most pilots clearly preferred.  We certainly would have preferred to maintain the older structure but the changes reflect pragmatic acceptance that our preferences are in the minority.  Thanks for sharing your thoughts; we share them.   Nonetheless, we know it will be a very fun time and a very competitive and fair event.  

Paul Bäumer

Jagdstaffel (Jasta) 5

www.jasta5.org

#30 J5_Baeumer

J5_Baeumer

Posted 12 March 2017 - 05:40

All pilots:  please see the updates in the first post on this thread for March 12.

Paul Bäumer

Jagdstaffel (Jasta) 5

www.jasta5.org

#31 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 12 March 2017 - 13:22

Salute Baumer! I've registered on the forums, on the stats page, and added myself to the Bloody April/Black September usergroup. I would prefer to fly with the rest of JG1. Hope I'm not too late! :icon_eek:  

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

ROF%20sig%201%20copy_zpsdkecs3xw.jpg

#32 J5_Gamecock

J5_Gamecock

Posted 12 March 2017 - 15:22

Your OK Hotlead

GCsig.png

#33 J5_Baeumer

J5_Baeumer

Posted 12 March 2017 - 16:54

Nope, we're taking him as prisoner.  He has to fly on our team!  ;)

Paul Bäumer

Jagdstaffel (Jasta) 5

www.jasta5.org

#34 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:01

Lol! :lol:

Thanks guys! :)

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

ROF%20sig%201%20copy_zpsdkecs3xw.jpg

#35 JG1_Vonrd_J10

JG1_Vonrd_J10
  • LocationOakland CA

Posted 13 March 2017 - 03:43

Nope, we're taking him as prisoner.  He has to fly on our team!  ;)

We're doing a prisoner rescue. Can't allow you to corrupt our 'Lead.

#36 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 13 March 2017 - 17:40

We're doing a prisoner rescue. Can't allow you to corrupt our 'Lead.

We were going to set up a CAP on the prison, but I see from the Roster you guys jumped the starting gun and already absconded with him.   Curse You!!!    :icon_e_biggrin:  :icon_mad:

Cheers,

4 :icon_e_salute:

PS>  @Baumer -- I may have missed it, but I didn't see I-Got-Shot on the Red roster (though he's posted a tasking sheet for us, so I assume he's on-board) -- it just may skew the team numbers a bit...  nbd, FYI

#37 J5_Baeumer

J5_Baeumer

Posted 18 March 2017 - 21:22

All pilots:  please see the updates in the first post on this thread for March 18.  Final rules and revised pilot assignments.  Important information to review by all pilots.

Paul Bäumer

Jagdstaffel (Jasta) 5

www.jasta5.org

#38 J5_Baeumer

J5_Baeumer

Posted 19 March 2017 - 18:38

All pilots:  please see the updates in the first post on this thread for March 19.  Mods patch and practice server available.  Important information to review by all pilots.

Paul Bäumer

Jagdstaffel (Jasta) 5

www.jasta5.org

#39 SurfimpGT

SurfimpGT
  • LocationSanta Barbara, CA, USA

Posted 22 March 2017 - 23:36

Hello J5_Baumer,

I have expressed interest in participating in Bloody April, including
following all registration requirements.

I tried assigning myself to the team that seemed to have the least pilots
(Blue), but it appears I have not made the pilot roster, and a post I made
to this effect went ignored (while another similar post, made after mine,
was answered, by you).

If my participation is not desired in your event for whatever reason, I
would appreciate you letting me know so I stop wasting my time trying to
register.

If it is simply an oversight, please accept my apologies, and allow me to
reconfirm my interest in participating in your event.

Sincerely,
SurfimpGT

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."

Founding Member, SPADaholics Anonymous

#40 etzel

etzel

Posted 23 March 2017 - 00:03

Hi Baeumer,

​2 Qs:

​1st: Same question like Surfimp above: I did register on Monday (very late of course, apologize for this!!), but so far I am not assigned to any team, so I don't know which Usergroup I should join? 

​2nd: I am not sure if did install the mods propely => Is it ok, when there is only 1 mod with the Name "BA7 Modpack V2017.03.19" activated in JSGME? Reason for my confusion is that in the rules there is still the screenshot with the list of the specific mods like "Soldiers_Package_2v4" or "Reduc lethality"....

​Best Regs & Salute :icon_e_salute: 

​Etzel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users