Photo
- - - - -

What other games do you play?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 flight23

flight23

Posted 25 January 2017 - 14:07

Just out of curiousity, most of my sec 3(15 years old) class like Rainbow 6, with a smaller amount of CSGO players. Then there are about 7 of us that like flight sims and more tactical shooters, as well as strategy games.

#2 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 25 January 2017 - 14:21

I've been playing Battlefield 1 a lot lately. Not realistic, but loads of fun! :lol: I also play ARMA 3. I've dabbled in Portal 2, and Il 2 Cliffs of Dover.

Then of course there's the obvious one I still spend time on: Rise of Flight. ;)

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

xAKPpvf.jpg

#3 =CfC=FatherTed

=CfC=FatherTed

Posted 25 January 2017 - 21:34

Just out of curiousity, most of my sec 3(15 years old) class like Rainbow 6, with a smaller amount of CSGO players. Then there are about 7 of us that like flight sims and more tactical shooters, as well as strategy games.

So, what flight sims do the 7 of you play?

My "other" games are mostly WW2 themed.  Flightsims IL2 46, BoS; FPSs = RO2, Darkest Hour, Squad, Strategy/Tactical = Combat Mission, WitW, Flashpoint Campaigns.  Plus a whole bunch of other games I haven't got the time or energy to get into...

#4 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 26 January 2017 - 17:43

Just flight sims and once in a while tanking.

Hellcats of the Pacific, Fly Ii, A10 Attack, WarBirds/Dawn of Aces, Targetware, IL2 1946 - (Spits v 109s and zekes v hellcats), RoF, BoS.

#5 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann
  • LocationChateau Boistrancourt

Posted 26 January 2017 - 17:59

No

#6 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 26 January 2017 - 18:55

For a long time it was Skyrim and RoF.  I'm a Bethesda fan so I also picked up Fallout 4, but I generally don't do repeat playthroughs. 

One that I bought as beta is Kingdom Come Deliverance.  it's a historically accurate medieval RPG set in what is now the Czech Republic in the early 1400s.  Swords ... no sorcery.  It's in very rough form but if it lives up to its promise it should be very good.   

I just picked up Elite Dangerous and I'm enjoying it.  Still too new to it to say much too about it, but seems like it is going to be well worth $30.

#7 Surfimp

Surfimp
  • LocationSanta Barbara, CA, USA

Posted 26 January 2017 - 19:20

Flight sims have always been my favorites but I was without a proper PC (nor spare time) for flight simming during the "golden years" between 2001 - 2011. So I missed out on a lot of good stuff... that I am making up for now :-)

Since then I have mainly focused on RoF, Naval Action and Minecraft (my kids were the very first at their school to play the game, waaaay before it went mainstream).

I have Cliffs of Dover, Battle of Stalingrad/Moscow/Kuban, Wings Over Flanders Fields, and the Mustang module for DCS. And have X-Plane 9 and Aerofly, but haven't touched them for years.

Have also spent some time with RC flight sims (RC slope soaring gliders is a big passion for me). PicaSim is my favorite.

I dabble in turn based strategy like Civ, and have a rather embarrassing soft spot for the Warhammer 40,000 franchise. And enjoy FPSes like CS:GO and Battlefield from time to time.

Founding Member, SPADaholics Anonymous

#8 Flying_Bear

Flying_Bear
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Posted 26 January 2017 - 19:23

I really like strategy games, my favourite one is Crusader Kings 2.

If a bear can be in the artillery, why not in the airforce too?

#9 Hrafn_Kolbrandr

Hrafn_Kolbrandr

Posted 26 January 2017 - 23:04

Does flying drones count as gaming?

#10 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 26 January 2017 - 23:58

When do you sleep Surfimp ?

".. and they'll send you home in a pine overcoat, with a letter to your Mum,

Saying find enclosed one son one medal and a note, to, say, he, Won".

#11 Surfimp

Surfimp

Posted 27 January 2017 - 01:37

When do you sleep Surfimp ?

It's not so much when you sleep, but for how long ;)

#12 Surfimp

Surfimp

Posted 27 January 2017 - 02:10

Does flying drones count as gaming?

If you do it right?

#13 celestron

celestron

Posted 27 January 2017 - 04:33

FSX, Skyrim, STO, still do RB3D from time to time.

#14 flight23

flight23

Posted 27 January 2017 - 12:58

I like Wargame Red Dragon, and also some grand strategy stuff like HOI4 and some Atlantic Fleet(because British Nationalism and naval shannanigans). Also, I got a few people in my class interested in Verdun and we might play together(and work together to gain an unfair advantage. But thw Germans always have OP weapons so it is fair).

#15 J2_Marx

J2_Marx
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 27 January 2017 - 15:50

If you do it right?

That's not a drone but a glider. And he's very good at it :icon_e_salute:

i fly these race drones (not FPV, only stick and sight)

1395695_RB_00_FB.EPS_1000.jpg

But to stay on topic, besides ROF it's mainly BOS/BOM, Aerofly FS2 so basically flight sims. In the past i did complete Formula 1 races.

#16 J2_Jakob

J2_Jakob
  • LocationPrague, Czech Republic

Posted 27 January 2017 - 16:09

One that I bought as beta is Kingdom Come Deliverance.  it's a historically accurate medieval RPG set in what is now the Czech Republic in the early 1400s.  Swords ... no sorcery.  It's in very rough form but if it lives up to its promise it should be very good.

I am curious if they will finish it and what it will be like. I'll definitely buy it, but only when it's finished. Looks very promising so far.

Funny remark - there were complaints on the devs that the game is racist, because there are no negros/asians in there.

Well, everyone who knows a bit of history of medieval era in the Lands of Corone Bohemiae would only have a good chuckle, as such types, altough not non-existent, would be an extreme rarity, either brought to king's court for amusement, or a merchant gone astray. Certainly not a playable character. Furthermore, from what I've read, the game takes place on quite small rural area, so there's virtually no way of meeting one there.

The devs are listening to many historical enthusiasts, so there was for example correcting of colour of hens (no white hens in that era!), or colour of clothing (no common red clothing -> too expensive!).

#17 13aceofspades13

13aceofspades13

Posted 27 January 2017 - 17:53

PC games include, Skyrim, Fallout 4, Verdun, Chivalry midevil warfare, BeamNG Drive, Minecraft, Battle Block Theater, Goat Simulator.

PS4, Drive Club, Bro Force, Minecraft.

#18 J2_Mr_Tree

J2_Mr_Tree

Posted 31 January 2017 - 12:48

Ps4 final fantasy 15 very nice game
Battlefield 1 not realistic at all but loads of fun for people like me from the ww call of duty age

Pc shogun2 total war it is a fantastic strategy game

#19 J2_Mr_Tree

J2_Mr_Tree

Posted 31 January 2017 - 12:57

I've been playing Battlefield 1 a lot lately. Not realistic, but loads of fun! :lol: I also play ARMA 3. I've dabbled in Portal 2, and Il 2 Cliffs of Dover.

Then of course there's the obvious one I still spend time on: Rise of Flight. ;)

Bf1 on pc or ps4? :P

#20 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 31 January 2017 - 15:33

PC. ;)

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

xAKPpvf.jpg

#21 J2_Mr_Tree

J2_Mr_Tree

Posted 31 January 2017 - 20:08

PC. ;)

To bad :( :P

#22 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 31 January 2017 - 20:49

To bad :( :P

Why?

xAKPpvf.jpg

#23 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 31 January 2017 - 22:26

Favorite games:

Spin the pickle

Hide the housekeeper 

sig9.png

#24 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 31 January 2017 - 22:41

Every once in a while I'll kill some giant bugs in Earth Defense Force, when I just wanna blow stuff up, and I still have a soft spot for Wookies and Twi'leks so I still tool around in SWTOR a bit.  Tried Verdun and liked the visuals and general feel of the thing but kinda got tired of my 1:5 K/D ratio and didn't feel like devoting the time and effort needed to improve it.  Waiting for a couple of kickstarter pre-orders to finish up and get here (Descent and War of Rights) to see if they turn out OK.  Been waiting for some improvement in the "bubble of blur" problem before getting back into BoS/BoM/BoK - based on the brief time I had to spend with the latest patch this morning it may be getting a little better so I may have to start spending some serious time with that now.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#25 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationTrudolyubiye

Posted 31 January 2017 - 23:23

Been waiting for some improvement in the "bubble of blur" problem before getting back into BoS/BoM/BoK

Bubble of Blur?  Can't say I've heard of that.  What is it?

#26 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 01 February 2017 - 02:35

Bubble of Blur?  Can't say I've heard of that.  What is it?

Been a long-standing issue, particularly noticeable at lower altitudes and thus rather annoying/jarring for those like me who are primarily ground-pounders and always scanning the land for possible targets.  It's most noticeable among the large areas of trees, and (according to some posters a while back) seems to have something to do with changes in LOD for the trees at a certain distance from the viewpoint - the effect (whatever the cause) appears to be a circular line all around your plane at some relatively small diameter from your cockpit that moves along with you as if your plane is inside a bubble (where it's nice and clear near your plane but gets blurry-looking as you look beyond this line where the trees change).  Below is an example screenshot from a while back:

BoS%20-%20bubble%20of%20blur%202.006b.jp

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#27 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 01 February 2017 - 02:37

Descent II on a 486 laptop...

-

Captured again!

#28 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 01 February 2017 - 02:41

uh they have a playable demo:

http://playoverload.com/

downloading now....prepare to descend...

-

Captured again!

#29 J2_Mr_Tree

J2_Mr_Tree

Posted 01 February 2017 - 12:08

Why?

i play on ps4 :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users