Photo
- - - - -

DCS Spitfire

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 28 December 2016 - 14:35

Surprised there is no thread here about this one!

#2 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationTrudolyubiye

Posted 28 December 2016 - 18:14

Surprised there is no thread here about this one!

I guess there is now...I can't say I'm too surprised because a lot of the people I know who like ROF aren't all that interested in DCS.  Instead they'll gravitate to BoX for their WW2 fix.  I happen to be a fan of DCS too, and there are a couple of other ROF players I've connected with in DCS, but overall, there just doesn't seem to be much crossover.

#3 Demon_

Demon_

Posted 28 December 2016 - 19:44

Another joy for the collection. matrix.gif Will be awesome in the Normandy map.

#4 JG1_Vonrd_J10

JG1_Vonrd_J10
  • LocationOakland CA

Posted 29 December 2016 - 02:34

Love the DCS Spit! Takes a different style of flying from the German energy fighters and I haven't quite mastered it yet... :( 

DCS WWII still isn't quite ready for multiplayer Prime Time yet though... pretty much Airquake ATM. Big hopes for the Normandy map. Hopefully some mud movers are in the works. (Yeah, I know the other fighters - and presumably the Spit also in future - can be used as Jabo. None of the current servers seem to have the option to load mud though). 

#5 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 29 December 2016 - 08:21

For me, it would-be intresting if it was WW1, the eye candy looks great, while some are still in the deny phase, we now clearly see the rof DirectX9 graphics become anchient.

Does it have a campaign mode or just a collection of prefab missions, flying over modern Las Vegas terrain.
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#6 J2_Marx

J2_Marx
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 29 December 2016 - 09:58

:icon_eek:  Games keep getting better and better!

#7 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 29 December 2016 - 13:33

Does it have a campaign mode or just a collection of prefab missions, flying over modern Las Vegas terrain.

It's just the early access release of the Spitfire.  WW2 appropriate map is coming in 2017.

With DCS you get a mission editor that is fun to use, so we're going to see lots of content for the Normandy map.

#8 Tycoon

Tycoon

Posted 29 December 2016 - 23:22

It's just the early access release of the Spitfire.  

The early access that is years late, and it will probably be in beta for the next couple of years. Why are you surprised everyone forgot this?

With DCS you get a mission editor that is fun to use, so we're going to see lots of content for the Normandy map.

Hope we haven't all died off by then. The planes are nice though, great vid.

Plenty of room at the Hotel RiseofFlight, you can check-out any time you like, but you can never leave. 

#9 Cybermat47

Cybermat47
  • LocationNew South Wales, Australia

Posted 30 December 2016 - 03:54

I like the look of it, but I'll hold off on it until an appropriate map is released.
"If I could only have brought him down alive."
- Lieutenant Arthur Rhys-Davids, recalling his victory over Leutnant Werner Voss.

#10 Demon_

Demon_

Posted 30 December 2016 - 04:53

I like the look of it, but I'll hold off on it until an appropriate map is released.

They work on the new version of the Caucasus: https://www.digitalc...upport/faq/691/

#11 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationTrudolyubiye

Posted 30 December 2016 - 06:36

The early access that is years late, and it will probably be in beta for the next couple of years. Why are you surprised everyone forgot this?

Hope we haven't all died off by then. The planes are nice though, great vid.

Debbie Downer..... 

#12 Cybermat47

Cybermat47

Posted 31 December 2016 - 00:07

They work on the new version of the Caucasus: https://www.digitalc...upport/faq/691/

I know, but I don't think the RAF was flying Spitfires over Georgia in 2008...
- Lieutenant Arthur Rhys-Davids, recalling his victory over Leutnant Werner Voss.

#13 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationTrudolyubiye

Posted 31 December 2016 - 01:25

I know, but I don't think the RAF was flying Spitfires over Georgia in 2008...

DCS is a flight simulation for flight simmers.  Most of the people who like DCS are just as interested in studying the operation of a high fidelity flight sim aircraft, inside and out, as much or more than they look to it as a air combat game.

#14 Cybermat47

Cybermat47

Posted 01 January 2017 - 05:41

DCS is a flight simulation for flight simmers.  Most of the people who like DCS are just as interested in studying the operation of a high fidelity flight sim aircraft, inside and out, as much or more than they look to it as a air combat game.

I get that, I just want to have immersion when I play a flight sim. It's the whole reason I play them to begin with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users