- - - - -

FFB on and TrackIR conflict

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 petsild

petsild

Posted 28 December 2016 - 06:38

Hi all,

I'm a big enthusiast of knight fights and a great admirer of the air aces of the first world war. Great simulator I support the several years. I have bought all the machines and year ago bought a BOS simulator with the idea that I will support at the same time the development of ROF. To my sadness I haven't seen for Rof no update, so I recently launched Bos and I see that the new update to DX11.

My enthusiasm came immediately disappointing because performance under the new interface is worse than under DX9, I was looking for a solution where is the problem and on the official forum https://forum.il2stu...ackir-conflict/I read, that occurs when the combination of Trackir + MSFFB2 Joystick device conflict. To my surprise when turned off the function FFB is Rise of Flight so 2x smoother at the same frame rate.

So I would like to ask if this unpleasant defect will be finally removed in ROF?

This fantastic simulator the update deserves, Big fan of yours thanks hi. Pet

#2 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 28 December 2016 - 14:38

What operating system?  I'm running windows 7 still and don't have this problem with Rise of Flight.

#3 petsild

petsild

Posted 28 December 2016 - 19:25

I have Win7 64bit but this is a global problem combination of Msffb plus Trackir-Opentrack-Freetrack. If you don't have a Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 stutering doesn't show up.

#4 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 28 December 2016 - 20:03

I have Win7 64 with trackir 5 and a msffb2.  I'm not saying your problem isn't real, but I don't have it.

DCS used to have a fps hit with ffb enabled, but that was fixed a couple years ago.

#5 petsild

petsild

Posted 28 December 2016 - 21:54

I have two other friends which makes it stutter exactly the same, so the problem is not only on my hw. The sheer wonder of what he does ffb to off, suddenly everything is at constant 60fps smooth as 120fps. It is seen especially when using the zoom on the physical axis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users