Photo
- - - - -

Joystick, Rudders, and Throttle

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 vetteman

vetteman

Posted 19 December 2016 - 23:59

Hey guys, newbie here....bear with me....I had to reload RoF on my NEW computer, I  have a Thrustmaster Hotas X throttle/joystick controller, and a set of CH rudder pedals....I use this set up for FSX, I had used the SAME units for RoF on my old computer, and they seemed to work fine, problem is, for the life of me I cannot get these controllers to be recognized by RoF now. I have gone through the process described in the manual more times than I care to count, I have also searched the forum for possible clues, and have basically come up empty..... if there is anything anyone can shed light on for me I'd really appreciate it, I know there are experts out there. Also as you may have guessed I am ot a computer expert, so layman's terms would be good ;-)  Thanks guys, I am hoping here.....

cheers

Jeff

#2 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationTrudolyubiye

Posted 20 December 2016 - 18:07

I'm guessing that you have "Mouse" ticked in the Rise of Flight control mode settings.  On a new installation of ROF, if I recall, it defaults to Mouse control.   Click the Icon that looks like a gear, to bring up settings, and the first line you see under General tab should be Control Mode.  Make sure Joystick is selected.

#3 vetteman

vetteman

Posted 23 December 2016 - 17:03

Thanks for the tip, I do believe I did that, but I can't seem to 're-assign' a new controller.... , I will try that once again and see what happens.... thanks, and if there are any other ideas, I'm all ears...

Jeff

#4 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationTrudolyubiye

Posted 24 December 2016 - 01:21

The only other peculiar thing I've noticed about ROF (and BoX) about joysticks is this:

The game engine appears to only be capable of recognizing game controllers numbered 0 through 7.  If you have more than 6, you will get an error on shutdown, but it won't affect your gameplay.  More than 8 controllers, I'm pretty sure some of them won't be recognized by the game.

If you only have 3 game controllers, however, none of that should be a factor.  That's the only other thing I can think of.  If the "Mouse" thing doesn't do it, I can only suggest that you go into the Windows Control Panel and verify that your controllers are being recongnized by Windows, itself.  If not, then (from personal experience with my last computer) I think it is possible you have flakey USB ports, which is a whole other subject.

#5 Flyingscotsman

Flyingscotsman

Posted 16 November 2017 - 18:29

Hi, I had to uninstal ROF, it said I had changed MOD's, So I downloaded the version off the website. I have HOTAS Warthog, worked fine before, now the MFG Crosswinds, Headtracker IR work fine, as before but the HOTAS gets no response. Works fine in FSX, FSX STEAM, DCS WORLD, IL-2, BOS/ etc. No show in ROF. Have deleted the stick and throttle, input again and they are seen by the pc, but no response still I have joystick selected in the game, no response Thanks in advance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users