- - - - -

Nieuport 11.C1 throttle

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Oorpii

Oorpii
  • LocationSweden

Posted 13 November 2016 - 11:25

After flying a while I am unable to work the throttle unless I blip (shut off and on again) the engine. Is this authentic or is something else wrong?

#2 A1_Phoenix

A1_Phoenix
  • LocationMilano, Italy

Posted 13 November 2016 - 13:08

That's strange, but i have a similar problem: when landed throttle is ok, but as soon i take off loses sensibility.

Throttle axe response is irregular and digital, only 0 and 100%.

Other axes (i have a g940), calibration, movement in "curves" section, and other flightsims are ok.

Also, the same problem is present in Il2 BoS. Scratching my head,good thing i'm mostly a skinner only hehehe

#3 Oorpii

Oorpii
  • LocationSweden

Posted 13 November 2016 - 13:36

Ok, might be something with my controls then and nothing I can't handle. It's like the throttle is jammed and I'm unable to throttle down unless I blip the engine.

Would have been nice if it was authentic though....

#4 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 13 November 2016 - 21:58

My N11 throttle seems to be working fine in flight (didn't check for a long time, so can't say whether it might screw up after a while - I'll try flying a longer mission in a bit just to see).  

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#5 unreasonable

unreasonable
  • LocationBangkok

Posted 16 November 2016 - 05:52

No problems my end, the N11 works correctly - there is probably something about your set up.

No idea how experienced you are with RoF, but try checklist:

1) Make sure your difficulty/options choices show that you have full complex engine management enabled. Otherwise the AI will tend to run the engine at full rpm once airborne.

2) Check you have the throttle and mix levers assigned, the right way round - the French using a reverse throttle assignment to everyone else.

3) Check you do not have anything else assigned to throttle - such as Fokker D VII altitude throttle. Dual assignments can cause issues.

Good luck!

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard." H. L. Mencken

#6 Oorpii

Oorpii
  • LocationSweden

Posted 02 December 2016 - 08:39

Just a short note to say that the issue seems to have been sorted out. Not sure how but I suspect a rearranging of my control setup made the trick. There might possibly have been some conflict there. Anyway, throttle is working fine now. Thx for your help.

#7 jlan5031

jlan5031

Posted 02 June 2017 - 15:51

I'd like some information about the throttle on the Neuport 11. I thought the LeRhone engines were blip button controlled. Did the Neuport 11 actually have a throttle?

#8 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 02 June 2017 - 16:58

I'd like some information about the throttle on the Neuport 11. I thought the LeRhone engines were blip button controlled. Did the Neuport 11 actually have a throttle?

I'm not sure about the real aircraft (perhaps one of our community's "historians" can chime in there), but in-game, only the Airco DH2 and the Fokker Eindecker are lacking any sort of throttle at all and must be controlled solely by blipping and/or adjusting the fuel mixture.

The Nieuport 28 has a 4 position "throttle" (that I'm given to understand cut off various cylinders based on setting), but for all practical intents and purposes that still behaves like a throttle (albeit without the ability to finely adjust it, like a normal, continuous throttle).

Several other in-game aircraft (basically all the rotaries) have both a throttle and a blip switch -- the N11 is also in that group.

Regards,

4 :icon_e_salute:

PS> @OP: Glad you got your N11 throttle issue solved  :)

#9 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 02 June 2017 - 17:43

To expand on 4's post somewhat.

The early Gnomes,The 7 cylinder Omega and Lambda and the 9 cylinder Delta where of a 2 valve design, with the intake valve in the piston. This arrangement is called atmospheric intake,( pressure being lower in the cylinder than the atmosphere it would push fuel-air mix into the cylinder on intake stroke.

This type of engine could be equipped with a carburetor,but was unreliable. To solve the problems they opted for just a air-fuel mixer and blip-switch to control engine speed.

Now comes the   LeRhone 9c witch is of a 2 valve design with both valves operated by camshaft letting a carburetor to be used reliably, so yes the Nieuport 11 did have a carburetor.

P.S. "  perhaps one of our community's "historians" can chime in there" I'm not a "historian" just love old engines, especially the atmospheric valves ones.   

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users