Photo
- - - - -

Hanriot HD.2, Lt. "BAM" Bamberry, USNAS, Dunkerque, France, December 1917

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Upcoming Historical Skin Pack (10 member(s) have cast votes)

Should this aircraft be added to the historical skin pack?

1. Yes (10 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote

#1 SPEKTRE76

SPEKTRE76
  • LocationLake Stevens, WA - USA

Posted 31 October 2016 - 00:38

Hanriot HD.2, Lt. "BAM" Bamberry, USNAS, Dunkerque, France, December 1917

690c5d55fb.png

DOWNLOAD FILES: https://www.dropbox....mberry.zip?dl=0

DOWNLOAD TEMPLATE:  https://www.dropbox....mberry.psd?dl=0

REFERENCES: Attached File  cleaverhd2a.jpg   42.64KB   0 downloads Attached File  usa_air_force__roundels_1915_today_by_maxhitman-d9t4vfz.png   1.4MB   0 downloads

The tail of this model aircraft is incorrect for US marking in 1917. It was corrected on my skin.

HISTORICAL BACKGROUND:  The personal mount of Lt. Bamberry United States Naval Air Service. It was flown in Dunkerque, France, December 1917. It features a personal inscription of his nick name "BAM!" on both sides of his aircraft.

Can we get an actual 'pinned' topic for the Hanriot's please?

#2 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationTrudolyubiye

Posted 31 October 2016 - 02:32

This might come as bad news, but 1C/777 received a preliminary pack of user-made skins over 6 months ago, and have not processed them. It looks unlikely that they ever will, even though it's been pointed out that literally thousands of customer hours will have been wasted in their creation if not.  Nothing wrong with making new paints, but you should know that it's extremely unlikely that new submissions will ever find their way into an official download pack for the game.

#3 SPEKTRE76

SPEKTRE76

Posted 31 October 2016 - 15:04

Well, they are busy with Battle of Kuban right now. Maybe after development, we will see a pack. Maybe even new planes. The Pacific theater is probably about 3 years away from full release.

#4 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 01 November 2016 - 00:18

Don't waste your time. The skin pack requires the download to be compiled and 5 text files updated, which can be scripted, as the format uses what we add to the skin submission text files. Half day of a dev person at most.

They wont even give us that.

You're wasting your time, even if they did release a pack, you've missed the submission of that pack by nearly a year. Given the delay on that, your skins might make into the game in 2018.

#5 SPEKTRE76

SPEKTRE76

Posted 01 November 2016 - 04:50

Well none of what you two have said will deter me from skinning. In fact I just made a Strutter. Maybe mission makers on private MODS ON servers may make use of my work.

#6 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 01 November 2016 - 08:22

Not saying don't skin, as you say your skins can be used in Mods on.

just trying to manage your expectation. There's effort required to get a skin ready for a poll and inclusion in the game.

It's that bit that is a waste of time.

#7 SPEKTRE76

SPEKTRE76

Posted 02 November 2016 - 01:20

Are they done developing this SIM then? There are more planes to make. And the Channel Map can really use some torpedo planes.

#8 Cybermat47

Cybermat47
  • LocationNew South Wales, Australia

Posted 02 November 2016 - 02:55

Are they done developing this SIM then? There are more planes to make. And the Channel Map can really use some torpedo planes.

I agree with you 100%, but unfortunately the dev team seems to be fully focused on IL-2 for the foreseeable future.
"If I could only have brought him down alive."
- Lieutenant Arthur Rhys-Davids, recalling his victory over Leutnant Werner Voss.

#9 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 03 November 2016 - 15:09

I would say yes they're done with any DEV for this sim.

Given the focus given to the new "Battle of" Series, we are very unlikely to see any more input from the DEVS.

If they are struggling to release a skin pack which entails 5 text files and 2 x compiled .exe, we have no chance of new planes or any game updates

#10 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 07 April 2017 - 19:18

Poll concluded; thread locked.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users