- - - - -

What are known issues with ROF and Win 10

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationTrudolyubiye

Posted 09 October 2016 - 18:01

(yes, I forgot to add a question mark in the title, so I'm going to grammar hell)

I'm getting a new gaming computer.  Are there any dealbreaking confirmed issues with Windows 10 and Rise of Flight?

For example, I remember reading somewhere something about having to run it in windowed mode...

I've read about issues with controller mapping....

I don't know what to believe and what not to.

So is there anything I need to be aware of, or concerned about, before I commit to a new computer build with Win 10?

#2 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 09 October 2016 - 18:51

I've been running RoF on Win 10 since just before the free upgrade period ended, and have had no issues of any kind with it.  The controller mapping hasn't been any different or more troublesome since the move to Win 10 (some people get annoyed when they add or plug/unplug controllers and Windows changes number/ID assignments, which screws up the mapping in RoF, but that happened at least as far back as Win 7 and hasn't been any different with Win 10, in my experience).  I don't run it in Windowed mode - in fact I run it with with exactly the same settings I used to use in Win 7 and 8.1, and everything works fine.  Same for BoS/BoM, BTW - I don't think there's any real problem with getting either one to run on Win 10, as best I can tell from both my own experience and perusing the various threads on both forums.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

#3 J2_Marx

J2_Marx
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 15 October 2016 - 15:38

Running Win 10 64 bit for 6 months now Ice and no trouble at all.

The only thing stopped working was facetrack noir, so i got the original trackir 5 but for the game no issus at all

Only criticism what i heard is the privacy issue, seems win 10 sends a lot of info to microsoft but if you don't want that, it can be turned of. Did that by a youtube movie i found some time ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users