Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Plank and Marx's Duel now in cinema all around the world!

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 J2_Marx

J2_Marx
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 09 October 2016 - 14:33

#2 Pioniere719

Pioniere719

Posted 09 October 2016 - 15:20

That was great! A good way to start my day! Congrats guys!

I loved the music - the lyrics fit in nicely too.

Nice ending with the bridge, although your old squad are probably shaking their heads at that one, Marx! :P   

So what happened in round two? It's like you (Marx) just fell to the ground, or did you guys tap each other? I couldn't quite figure it out.

:icon_e_salute:

EDIT: Started listening to other stuff from that band - Shinedown - on YT. I like it! This was a nice bonus I got from your video!

In exile.

#3 J2_Marx

J2_Marx
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 09 October 2016 - 15:43

That was great! A good way to start my day! Congrats guys!

So what happened in round two? It's like you (Marx) just fell to the ground, or did you guys tap each other? I couldn't quite figure it out.

the Camel flipped on me, and at that altitude it was instant death ;)

#4 Pioniere719

Pioniere719

Posted 09 October 2016 - 16:10

Damn! That was an unlucky break.

In exile.

#5 GrahamshereGT

GrahamshereGT
  • LocationDeroche,Britsh Columbia,Canada

Posted 09 October 2016 - 18:42

that looked like a lot of fun. I miss those days .

#6 Wykletypl

Wykletypl

Posted 09 October 2016 - 21:48

Not sure if the last one should count as a kill for Plank. After all, You hit the bridge. And it wasn't like You were too damaged to operate - You flew right into it.

Also, since when does Mid-Air Crash count as kill for each participant?

#7 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 10 October 2016 - 01:01

Dear Mr Marx.

Well done! :)

It's funny that when in the process of fighting time really does slow down.

You have all sorts of decisions going on in your mind at once.

So when you look back at the thing in real time you are amazed at how slow

the thing goes...  almost a crawl....

Something I learned very quickly in that duel is this:

Act fast.

Commit to single action and do it well.

Do not hesitate during it's execution.

Even if it is the wrong thing to do in hind sight, you must be single minded in action.

If you muck about while the other chap is already in the bank and rounding on you then

I am afraid the rest of the fight is down to luck.

In the tie breaker ( round four) I pushed myself much harder.

I turned earlier and harder as did mr Marx. 

This round was my pick of the action.

Not because of the outcome but due to the intensity of the flying.

In that very tiny window of circumstance I think the N17 had an edge over the Camel.

It's a very small edge but when the scales are finely balanced....

A snappier roll perhaps?

and this small note:

Dragging planes down to the ground is my best tactic if I plan to stay close in

It is a gamble but it's the only thing one can do when a superior plane has you.

To this end I spend an inordinate amount of time trying to coax the other to

join me in the tree tops... as you may note in the film. Sometimes it pays off....

It possibly maybe a bad habit....

I did enjoy myself and I hope everyone else did as well.

Salute Mr Marx!

Salute all!

Plank.

-

Captured again!

#8 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 10 October 2016 - 01:19

Good film and good fighting by all! Very sportsmanlike of you to post that up Marx! Thanks! :)

And Plank, seems as though your time away from ROF hasn't affected you much...if anything, I'd say your flying has improved! :icon_e_salute:

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

xAKPpvf.jpg

#9 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationTrudolyubiye

Posted 10 October 2016 - 03:47

J2_Marx, do you have a TrackIR?

#10 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 10 October 2016 - 04:44

My dear Mr  Ice_ age,

I am somewhat nonplussed by your appearance,

as I did read your opinion piece on duelling.

Brandy?

Salute!

Plank.

-

Captured again!

#11 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationTrudolyubiye

Posted 10 October 2016 - 05:10

Plank being "Non-Plussed" at me?  Darn, I'll be tormented by that all week long.  :rolleyes:  Just was curious what Marx is using to look around the sky.

#12 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 10 October 2016 - 06:20

I see, well, calling duellists "losers" and then turning up in a thread devoted to duelling is pretty arrogant.

Good day.

-

Captured again!

#13 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationTrudolyubiye

Posted 10 October 2016 - 06:55

I see, well, calling duellists "losers" and then turning up in a thread devoted to duelling is pretty arrogant.

Good day.

If someone gets their butt kicked 40 times in a row by me, and then, desperate for even a small chance to save face, challenges me to a duel because they aren't comfortable with pesky little things like situational awareness, judgement, patience, or strategy, then they are indeed a "Loser".   Of course they want to duel me, because that's the only chance they are ever going to be in a co-equal energy state with me, or maybe even see me in the first place.  Not all duelists are losers, and I think I clarified what I meant there in that other thread, but those who would use it as a blustery challenge in order to compensate for their deficiencies and as way of chest beating and trash-talking, are misusing the concept.   If you get off on the concept of having a "friendly" brawl with someone, being gracious to your opponents, not seeking out or exploiting advantages, saluting, and all the other things associated with virtual chivalry, that's great, power to you and your fellow duelers....That's not my thing, though.

#14 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 10 October 2016 - 07:42

When I saw Ice posting in this thread, my first thought was "I hope there won't be raining on this parade" - I'm relieved there wasn't . Friendly posts are always welcome, Plank; don't rain on your own parade :)

Ice, our Kamerad Marx does not (to my knowledge, can not :( ) use headtracking. Yes, it puts artificial limit on his performance.

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#15 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationTrudolyubiye

Posted 10 October 2016 - 08:06

When I saw Ice posting in this thread, my first thought was "I hope there won't be raining on this parade" - I'm relieved there wasn't . Friendly posts are always welcome, Plank; don't rain on your own parade :)

Ice, our Kamerad Marx does not (to my knowledge, can not :( ) use headtracking. Yes, it puts artificial limit on his performance.

Yeah, I was curious, because it looked like some panning with a hat switch was going on.  That's hard. My TrackIR went offline the other day, and I viewed that as immediate cause for RTB. 

#16 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 10 October 2016 - 11:16

Please stop personal attacks. Especially  attacks caused by things said in other threads. Especially if it drags here discussion that caused other threads to be locked. Some things apparently just can't be discussed politely; let the sleeping dogs lie. Do we want a celebration of a duel, or another round of same old forum drama coming from unrelated people?

Forum moderator.

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#17 J2_Marx

J2_Marx
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 10 October 2016 - 15:08

J2_Marx, do you have a TrackIR?

No Ice, i don't.

I use the hatswitch and mouse but it's not perfect. I did have facetrack but since i got a new pc earlier this year i can't get it to work anymore. Wasn't a huge fan of it anyway because it gets wonky sometimes or freezes in the middle of a duel.....and you don't want that. And because facetrack does not work as trackir, i get motionsickness looking at it a long time. I hope the "real" trackir works more smooth and reliefs me of that problem. I know i'm not the best fighterpilot but i also know i'm better then i can show now.

Not to speak bad about Planks performance but i was 80% of the time behind him and could have finnished him of sooner if my reaction time was shorter. Using the mouse or hatswitch prevents me from that. 

But i'm saving up for rudderpedals and trackir, getting fed up with the twisty thingy i use ;)

And as Trupo said, please guys keep this threat nice and clean. Plank and i had a great time, as also the people who got in the server to watch. This duel was being brought as an oldskool duel and in a fun way without yelling "i killed 75 in a row......oh you did?.....i did 80" and so on. 

btw, Plank and i are getting married :icon_lol:

#18 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 10 October 2016 - 15:48

btw, Plank and i are getting married  :icon_lol:

Please,PLEASE DON'T take a video of the wedding or the honeymoon. :icon_eek:  

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#19 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 10 October 2016 - 18:42

Dear Mr Marx,

I regret to inform you that.. no that's the wrong letter. Damn.

Dear Mr Marx,

It has come to our attention that.... No that is wrong too.

Dear Mr Marx,

In the course of our previous correspondence you were asked to sign a confidentiality agreement.... no, that's no it either.

Oh all right, lets get married, I'm not wearing the dress this time. It's your turn. and not that sack you insist on wearing.

We must invite Ice age!

Flowers, lots of Brandy, crumpets, duelling on the lawn...

If you sell some of your shares in Krupp we might be able to go on holiday... to a beach. with no mud or shelling.

Oh look the nurse has arrived. Time for a sponge bath.

and I look forward to our impending duel EIII vs DH2. I think you said you were really good in the EIII, it's one of your favourite planes?

It will have to be after my house arrest is lifted.... or is it my long list of engagements...

Salute!

Plank.

PS. I am not sure if you noticed but during several of our duels I had left my engine in full rich.... oops...

-

Captured again!

#20 Pioniere719

Pioniere719

Posted 10 October 2016 - 18:54

:icon_lol:

Btw Plank, I'm glad you're back!

In exile.

#21 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationTrudolyubiye

Posted 10 October 2016 - 19:26

But i'm saving up for rudderpedals and trackir, getting fed up with the twisty thingy i use ;)

In the meantime, I would suggest you set up a comprehensive set of snap-views, all with a consistent level of zoom.  Up, left, right, etc...You need to be able to keep your eyes on the enemy 90% of the time and be able to re-aquire him almost instantly if you lose him, and I just don't think it's possible to do this by panning around. 

twist handle joysticks:  I've heard of a few guys who use twist handle joysticks and are pretty good.  But what I find is that it's almost impossible to twist your wrist without also imparting some kind of translation into the pitch or yaw axis as well (even if your joystick isn't a twist handle)   It changes your trigger pull too, and might cause you to pull yourself right off the target.  I think you were on J2 comms the other day when I was explaining to Graff how a simple change of my seating arrangement and posture appeared to have a significant effect on my precision, namely by taking the pressure off of my wrist, alleviating a tendency towards a death-grip, and making the joystick movements reliant more on the movement of my upper arm--my point was that these seemingly tiny little details can have a big effect.

I think that once you get a TrackIR and a decent set of pedals, and become accustomed to their use, you'll be obliterating guys like Plank.

#22 J2_Marx

J2_Marx
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 11 October 2016 - 15:09

and I look forward to our impending duel EIII vs DH2. I think you said you were really good in the EIII, it's one of your favourite planes?

no, no, no, no, NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

i still would not fly the EIII if it was the last plane on earth to get away from Trump :icon_e_biggrin:

@Ice, The way i fly suited me for the past 6 years but indeed if i want to get any better Trackir is a must. Costs here between 150 and 175 euro's at the moment but i read somewhere Trackir 6 just came out? have to look in to that. I know there are cheaper versions people are flying with but they have to be assembled and i'm not the person with enough patience in my body to do those fidling things.....it'll probably fly better out the window then a plane :icon_lol: 

And youre right about the twiststick, when behind an enemy accuracy is my problem because of unwanted movements on the stick. 

#23 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 11 October 2016 - 17:13

Interesting video -- thanks for sharing it, and I'm glad you guys had some fun flying.

Cheers,

4 :icon_e_salute:

#24 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 12 October 2016 - 03:43

Plank and i are getting married 

wonder what the kids will look like.

Attached File  P1310703.JPG   92.13KB   0 downloads :icon_lol:

#25 GrahamshereGT

GrahamshereGT

Posted 12 October 2016 - 04:59

Awww their so cute, you 2 will make such cute little ones.

#26 GrahamshereGT

GrahamshereGT

Posted 12 October 2016 - 06:44

Plank you know they are 100% correct, we should be thinking about our stats and getting tons of kills. what the hell were we thinking , going on icon servers and having fun, that's not what this game is all about . for now on we should just forget about the NFF FF and Ma and Pa.s servers or any of the others. we too should climb 15 thousand feet and hunt and kill every thing in site. and try to never die, so if you see any speck on your screen run like hell. We can get some buddies to help us as well, Just for god sake don't go into a 2 seater and chase some one down or you may get a unannounced gunner and shoot your wings off,only to have his buddies laugh,  and don't get into an argument on chat only to have it deleted. 

Any way was nice to see you 2 having fun but don't let it happen again. one day when things get a little boring perhaps we can give it a try .

:icon_e_salute:  Plank and J2 Marx

#27 testid

testid

Posted 12 October 2016 - 07:04

Delightful, gentlemen. I was yelling at the screen just as if it were a live event, and laughing with joy the rest of the time.

#28 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationTrudolyubiye

Posted 12 October 2016 - 07:28

Actually it is your intention, your lack of respect and your arrogance which I find distasteful.

My intention was to ask J2_Marx if he had a TrackIR; nothing more, nothing less.  You're the one that responded to my presence in this thread with belligerency based on things you took out of context from another thread, and had nothing to do with either you or Marx.

As far as "respect" goes, given your long and distinguished history of being a known troll and attention seeker on this forum, I don't think you should be even using the word.  You have intentionally played the role of Court Jester, promoted yourself as "the worst pilot in Rise of Flight", relished in negative attention, playing the martyr, creating contrived controversy just to stir people up, and it's quite clear that you don't even respect Yourself.  And yet you want or think you deserve respect from others? I also don't want to hear about my arrogance from the person who invented the Plank Turn and the Trupoblip and has never admitted he has ever been wrong about anything pertaining to Rise of Flight no matter how absurdI thought that after you posted the links to ROF Pirate websites, that would be the last we saw of you, and it should have been, imho.

#29 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 12 October 2016 - 07:32

Enough is enough, just stop, unless you want this thread locked. :angry:

#30 Pioniere719

Pioniere719

Posted 12 October 2016 - 14:47

Hey Plank,

Do you know what the beauty of this forum is? The comedy? The historical discussions? Nope. It's the wonderful "Ignore preferences" feature in our profile. I love it. Without the need for a paper towel, it pretty near wipes all the shite right off the screen and brings a lot of threads down to a nice manageable read again. In fact, I think I'm going to add more names to that list after I post this, because it's one of those feel good, cleansing kind of things to do. I suggest you do the same, so you don't have to even bother reading, let alone respond to, the shite that gets thrown at you all the time. The haters can also use the ignore list, but then who would they have left to disrespect and crap on? It may be what they live for, but it doesn't have to be what we live for.

In all the gazillion threads or posts of yours that I have read, never have I sat here thinking "What a dick!", but there are a lot of others who consistently induce that statement from me. That says a lot. Quite often, those people trash other people because something's missing in their lives, and it's the only way that they can make themselves look better and feel better, at least in their own head. It's an artificial benchmark that means nothing to anyone but them.

It's better to go through life having most people think you're alright, than to go through life having most people think you're a dick.

You are Plank. Stay that way, and don't bother wasting breath on the haters. Say hello to "Ignore preferences", and you'll be happy you did!

Like I said earlier, I'm glad you're back.

Now, I gotta go add some names to my list.

In exile.

#31 J2_Marx

J2_Marx
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 12 October 2016 - 14:48

Delightful, gentlemen. I was yelling at the screen just as if it were a live event, and laughing with joy the rest of the time.

And this ^^^^ Testid, this was and is what it's all about.....having fun looking at 2 guys trying to kill eachother and not being very good at it :icon_e_biggrin:

But to me it simply doesn't matter what others think because i've never, and i mean never looked at stats anyware because i truly don't care. I'm in ROF for the fun (i like the game dearly) and having fun with my J2 mates and some other nice people i met through the years.

The only time i find stats interesting is when i'm in FIF, Bloody april/Black september and only to know if we have won or not.

Even when on wargrounds i don't care about stats, allthough its nice sometimes to know and see if you got any kills but in general.....no

@Ice, ordered trackir5 today, should be here in a few days. Hope it makes a difference.....it was goddamn expensive enough for it :angry:

and ice, bsr, arty and others do me a favour (i asked this before) keep this thread nice and clean or i will ask Trupo to close it. There's no need to keep bantering on Plank, not in this thread anyway.

btw, i decided to divorce Plank.....saw that image about how our kids would look like and.........YIKES! :icon_eek:  

#32 GrahamshereGT

GrahamshereGT

Posted 12 October 2016 - 17:08

Oh Marx before you ordered trackir you should have tried free track, you have the soft ware already . darn because it's free as you know. just nee 3 ir led's and a hat and web cam. oh well

#33 arthursmedley

arthursmedley

Posted 12 October 2016 - 19:46

@Ice, ordered trackir5 today, should be here in a few days. Hope it makes a difference.....it was goddamn expensive enough for it :angry:

Don't worry, you won't regret it.

Btw; congratulations and commiserations on your recent marriage/impending divorce.

#34 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 12 October 2016 - 23:51

Plank, maybe I was to vague - you were asked to stop making personal attacks on Ice just because he shows up in this thread. Third attempt of restarting this feud will result with a ban.

Forum moderator.

#35 Pioniere719

Pioniere719

Posted 13 October 2016 - 14:13

So a mischievous kid walks by a bee nest everyday on his way to school, and always gives the nest a whack with a stick.

One day, a bee finally comes out to defend the nest. It attacks the kid, but doesn't sting him.

The next day, Wildlife Control comes out and removes the bee nest.

Why? Because it's the bee's fault for defending itself. Of course.

And the kid? Well, that kid keeps walking, grinning, and looking for the next nest to whack. Or if he's lucky, that bee will be back with a new nest, and the kid will start whacking it again.

Why? Because he knows he'll get away with it. He always does. He's innocent. Of course.

In exile.

#36 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 13 October 2016 - 14:49

Pioniere;

1) The posts in question have been have been removed, so you are making your judgement based on assumptions (to say politely). When I say Plank was reacting aggresively and without provocation other than Ice showing himself in this discussion, I know what I'm talking about. The question is always "what could this guy do or not do to avoid this situation" and in this particular case, onlyway Ice would avoid it is not taking part in discussion... way to go. I also know history of both Plank and Ice, past cases when they had to be moderated, and what makes them feel entitled to cross the line. Then, I know which trolls on the forum are (or had been once) operating the way you describe, and neither Ice nor Plank was ever among them; we're not close to that territory yet.

Finally, to continue your analogy, the bee is supposed to use report button and, if interaction between boy and bee is never better than this, put him on ignore list and live happy ever after. If the bee choses to add to mayhem by "defending itself",  the Wildlife Control will remove the nest.

Vigilante(noun): a criminal who keeps telling himself he targets only other criminals.

2).

6. It is forbidden to discuss the actions of moderators and administrators in any form on the forum. All questions are to be sent via "personal message" to the administrator/moderator.
Violations of this rule will result in the following:

First offense - 3 days ban on entry
Second offense - 7 days of the ban on entry
Third offense - 30 day ban on entry

It's a good rule. It saves me from having to choose between a ) having to waste half an hour typing in a detailed, respectable answer to your message right now, whether I have half an hour to spare right now or not (I had not  :angry: ), or b ) leaving the message to be answered later and risking that by the time I can address it it will start a snowball of in-kind answers that require much more work to sort out, or c ) just deleting your message and hoping when it comes back to bite me, I'll have more time. The private message can be answered in my own time, and they don't drive discussion further off topic if left unadressed for few hours.

3). This is supposed to be celebration of the duel and a movie. Your post is off topic.

Forum moderator.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users