New Flyers and Friends servers

• Please log in to reply
283 replies to this topic

#121 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann
  • LocationChateau Boistrancourt

Posted 23 January 2018 - 23:39

Fun and games is always a good thing.

Kudos on passing the spelling test...odds were  that you wouldn't recognize it.  S!

#122 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationTrudolyubiye

Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:24

Kudos on passing the spelling test...odds were  that you wouldn't recognize it.  S!

Good call Klugermann.  I guess I owe you 20 bucks.

#123 GrahamshereGT

GrahamshereGT
  • LocationDeroche,Britsh Columbia,Canada

Posted 24 January 2018 - 02:14

Immature as usual, like I said he has no one to look up too, little kids with silly little games.

#124 GrahamshereGT

GrahamshereGT

Posted 24 January 2018 - 02:35

Hey Klugerman, what name do you fly under now, I suggest sheep#1. hahaha oh I need to pay my self $50.00 for that one. was so good.

#125 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem
  • LocationR E S I G N E D 13/6/2018 veryuseful.info/rof

Posted 24 January 2018 - 06:10

As I stated...... There will always be trolls, or ass hats, some more annoying than others. Case in point,  arty effem 

Since we're on the subject of your 'servers' (and let's face it, on what other subject would we be in your thread?), I really must say something about the maps you've introduced lately. I think all would have to agree that the problems you needed to address were: too many persistent AI planes and far too much ludicrous flak. I have to admit quite freely that your approach to these shortcomings has been quite literally incredible, and I'm obliged to confess that your solution never would have occurred to me. I mean who else would have thought of adding even more AI and more oversized guns? Now that's real outside-the-box thinking if ever I saw it.

#126 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 24 January 2018 - 07:41

Arty, the presence of AI planes to fight is a preference. No God I know of has decreed there should be a limit.

On one of your servers the AI disappear as soon as 2 players are active. And I mean disappear, in front of you. That's a real pro look, not.

Frankly I find duelling with the same person boring after a while so I'd be happier for your AI to sod off after maybe 4-6 players arrive - oh that never happens on your servers though does it ?

However, I suspect you are wrong that there is more AI (if you are referring to planes). Overall I'd wager the average AI planes / mission is now less than 6 months ago.

I have to reluctantly agree with you about the flak situation, it's ridiculous.

95% of participants just want to fly fighters and dogfight on the fast action servers, most of the new maps seem to be set up for some kind of bombing practice.

Too many objects slowing the server down, and stupid amounts of flak over the 'neutral' dogfighting zone.

We should note that our own flak is more dangerous than enemy flak, as per the lag shooting principle. And some maps now there's no escape from it.

AF's too far apart... too close together...

Anyway, when you're ripping server setups apart with your sharp tongue, you should be able to differentiate between errors and preference.

Ships running over land / aircraft flying into hills etc. are errors. (Although the MB and AI behaviour have to take much of the can for that).

Number of AI planes is preference.

So when commenting on errors, you go for it.

But in the case of something that's a prefernce - make any suggestions you have civily, and only once.

If your suggestion is ignored deal with it, and try not to become too obsessive.

".. and they'll send you home in a pine overcoat, with a letter to your Mum,

Saying find enclosed one son one medal and a note, to, say, he, Won".

#127 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem

Posted 24 January 2018 - 14:57

Arty, the presence of AI planes to fight is a preference.

One clearly not held unanimously, hence the regular complaints about their constant presence with no-one able to answer the inevitable question that follows.

On one of your servers the AI disappear as soon as 2 players are active. And I mean disappear, in front of you. That's a real pro look, not.

It is a glorious sentinel that the server can now be used for its intended purpose, unless it's some pleb who can't start his engine, but if so he'll soon be dispatched.

Frankly I find duelling with the same person boring after a while so I'd be happier for your AI to sod off after maybe 4-6 players arrive - oh that never happens on your servers though does it ?

On the contrary, on European weeknights we're developing a significant following among the continent's cognoscente, which was the exact intention. You keep mentioning preference, however there has to be an environment for those of us who think 'multplayer' should mean what it says.

I suspect you are wrong that there is more AI (if you are referring to planes).

Take the dreaded 'Hills' map as an example, in which added to all its other problems one has to avoid the attention of four AI fighters; but not to worry because in the new 'Hills Aces' map it has been 'enhanced' to six. Just what everyone needed.

If your suggestion is ignored deal with it

Don't worry I have and in the best and most constructive way possible, although I'm sure observers must be wondering why any of this should incense one who chose to resign from this server's administration.

#128 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 24 January 2018 - 15:12

I'm hardly incensed :lol:.

In fact if my Rudder Pedals weren't losing center point every 2 minutes, and my Stick handle wasn't rotating and slack in the center.. and my current internet speed wasn't 0.5Mb/sec - I'd be delerious !!

#129 GrahamshereGT

GrahamshereGT

Posted 24 January 2018 - 19:18

I'm hardly incensed :lol:.

In fact if my Rudder Pedals weren't losing center point every 2 minutes, and my Stick handle wasn't rotating and slack in the center.. and my current internet speed wasn't 0.5Mb/sec - I'd be delerious !!

Time to upgrade everything buddy.  I need some competition on that server. Gary's too easy. :icon_lol:

#130 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 24 January 2018 - 19:48

Rudders (hopefully) fixed this afternoon - slipping magnet.

New stick overdue in the post.

Internet speed complaint initiated !

Too easy ? Depends what you mean ;)

#131 GrahamshereGT

GrahamshereGT

Posted 24 January 2018 - 20:42

I never see you warping at all other than the usual when the server gets full, Whats wrong with your internet speed?

Easy, just my way of poking Gary. Wait, not in that way Fly, perv.

#132 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 24 January 2018 - 21:53

I think I fixed the rudders - center holding steady for now...

Just flown on Arty's server and saw a little warping which isn't usual - his server connections are pretty good. Connection dropped a few times yesterday, looks like 0.5Mb download and 0.3 upload speeds are about just enough to keep connected.

I do wonder about the effect on gameplay though... does it explain my crap shooting ?

#133 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 25 January 2018 - 15:15

0.5Mb download and 0.3 upload 

Wow! Did you place the decimal point in the wrong place?  If not, I don't see how you can play online at all.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#134 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 25 January 2018 - 15:35

Unfortunately not :P .

Just checked again at speedtest.org - 0.53 / 0.34. Consistent for a few days and with multiple computers, though BT's test gives me a little more at 1.03.

Have just been flying without problem (apart from the old shooting business of course !).

I'm in no metropolis so the best I can expect is around 8mb, but I expect at least 5.

Seems to be a pattern, change ISP and I'll be good for a while then it'll dip and crash again. Net neutrality anyone ?

:icon_e_salute: HB.

#135 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 25 January 2018 - 18:01

Have just been flying without problem (apart from the old shooting business of course !).

:icon_e_salute: HB.

Are you sure the shooting problem isn't the loose nut behind the sights? :P  

#136 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 25 January 2018 - 18:20

Don't you dare call me "loose" !!

#137 GrahamshereGT

GrahamshereGT

Posted 25 January 2018 - 18:44

Is it your router or modem? What are you suppose to be getting?

Are you wifi?

You telling us you're tight? hard to believe.

#138 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 25 January 2018 - 18:55

Remains to be seen if it's the router. Hard wired it is, should be getting around 8mb d/l speed.

Wish I was tight ;). Just been stung £120 import duty for my new stick. Organised crime !!

Sorry NFF we're off topic.

#139 GrahamshereGT

GrahamshereGT

Posted 25 January 2018 - 20:52

8 MB download speed,  what. that's very low. that's my upload speed. you sure that's not upload speed, I'm getting 80 MB download and 8 upload, And that ain't great, FogelGT gets 200 MB download. You on satellite? 

#140 Philemmett

Philemmett

Posted 24 February 2018 - 23:42

Gentlemen, Friends, and Guests of '=NFF=',

​    As always, it takes more time than expected to bring on new members to our small team within 'New Fliers and Friends.'  (=NFF=).  We're not prudes or snobs.  But, having made mistakes in the past, we are extremely cautious in nominating potential candidates.  It takes time to assure that new members are welcomed by all of you.  And, that they will keep '=NFF=' in the highest regard for fair and competitive competition, clean 'chat' discussions, and helping new flyers to learn the 'ropes' of RoF.

​   We are VERY pleased to announce that we have two new members to our small team.  Both of them come with the highest esteem and remarkable credentials.  They have passed a rather extensive vetting process to assure they'll maintain the highest of standards we hold within both of our Servers.

The first Gentleman was previously known as 'Spad61' and 'Ronzo.'  Hence forth he'll be carrying our '=NFF=' ID and be known as '=NFF=Frosty.' He is highly thought of, qualified, skilled, and be a positive, significant addition to our group.  (As of today he'll start using his new ID of '=NFF=Frosty.')

The second Gentleman is 'BlasterGibson.'  Most of you have had the good fortune of competing with or against him for a long time.  He'll be using his new ID of '=NFF=BlasterGibson' as of today.  He has a remarkable reputation of being fair, skilled, and willing to help newer pilots.  He is committed to carrying on the basic principles we hold important within 'New Fliers and Friends.'  (Keeping the 'Chat' window clean of foul language is one of our key ideals).

​   I hope you'll join me in welcoming them as our new companions. They both will be significant, positive, and helpful members of our team. 

​   (If you'd like to send them a 'welcoming' note, just contact me at my regular internet email address.  I'd be glad to share their addresses with you.)

​   As always, it's 'Onward' and 'Upward' with 'New Fliers and Friends.'  We're fortunate to be two of the busiest Servers in Multiplayer.  With your encouragement and assistance we'll continue to be one of the most active on RoF.

​   I give you all credit for getting us to that status.  It's a feather in all or you caps!

I congratulate all of you.

​   Sincerely,

Philemmett

​   (Phil =NFF=Patriarch)

#141 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 25 February 2018 - 00:16

Congrats, gentlemen! I shall see you in the wild skies of NFF! :icon_e_salute:

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

xAKPpvf.jpg

#142 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem

Posted 25 February 2018 - 00:37

​   We are VERY pleased to announce that we have two new members to our small team.

In the light of this development, I feel it incumbent upon myself to advise that in order to protect your new members from unnecessary humiliation, they be reminded not to expose their tags inadvertently in the more-discerning environments, where such identities are programed to be ejected on sight.

#143 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 25 February 2018 - 01:06

All very hilarious Arty, considering how often you fly on... NFF servers !

Good luck Blaster and Spaddy.

:icon_e_salute:

#144 SeaW0lf

SeaW0lf
  • LocationRio de Janeiro - Brazil

Posted 25 February 2018 - 01:56

Congrats chaps  :icon_e_salute:

"There will be honor enough for us all."

#145 US103_Baer

US103_Baer

Posted 25 February 2018 - 02:11

Excellent news. Congrats guys S!

BxlHM7Q.png                  HaO2aNP.png

#146 Kelp44

Kelp44
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 02 April 2018 - 08:27

Did just struck me that your guys first server is for the moment missing on Vaals internet Rof server listing.
The second still has its slot.

#147 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 02 April 2018 - 13:22

Nice to see new =NFF=s
:icon_e_salute:

#148 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 02 April 2018 - 18:14

In the light of this development, I feel it incumbent upon myself to advise that in order to protect your new members from unnecessary humiliation, they be reminded not to expose their tags inadvertently in the more-discerning environments, where such identities are programed to be ejected on sight.

Arty are you a natural Ass or do you work hard at it ?

#149 Agent86

Agent86
  • LocationNorth Woods

Posted 02 April 2018 - 18:52

Envelope Please ... And the winner is arty effem

golden-douchebag.jpg

:icon_cool:                                                                                               :icon_lol:  Hopefully it's not too dark here for him to enjoy it 

Sorry About That                                                           

#150 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 02 April 2018 - 19:03

Envelope Please ... And the winner is arty effem

golden-douchebag.jpg

:icon_cool:                                                                                               :icon_lol:  Hopefully it's not too dark here for him to enjoy it 

Who was the other nominees, may I ask ?

#151 Agent86

Agent86
  • LocationNorth Woods

Posted 02 April 2018 - 19:21

LOL arty has been the only recipient of this prestigious award, as far as I know.

Sorry About That                                                           

#152 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 03 April 2018 - 14:00

Long live =NFF= !

#153 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 04 April 2018 - 03:45

LOL arty has been the only recipient of this prestigious award, as far as I know.

Should I be relieved about that?     :D  :D  :D   (j/k)

#154 Agent86

Agent86
  • LocationNorth Woods

Posted 04 April 2018 - 13:29

Should I be relieved about that?     :D  :D  :D   (j/k)

Nah, you just ban NFF folks, arty is genuinely annoying to most everyone. :icon_cool:

Sorry About That                                                           

#155 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 05 April 2018 - 08:58

Nah, you just ban NFF folks, arty is genuinely annoying to most everyone. :icon_cool:

Lol. Fair Enough... 

...and truth be told, we don't, carte blanche, ban *all* NFF folks -- we don't run *that* sort of script (just ask Blaster Gibson, or even Zaroopa Fly), so I guess there's some hope on that front...    ;)

On the other hand, I completely DO agree with your assessment of Arty... I'm pretty sure we have a couple records in our ban script that cover MataMataPatos, [P][I][L][O][T], and GetsTooDarkHere.... and, of course, if you also note his little HTML stunt a few months back regarding "the so-called demise and shutdown of"  RoF, I don't doubt that he adds very little (if anything of value) to the community as a whole, Plank's dueling notwithstanding, although, based on the posts I've read, I get the sense that he'd rather have Plank, et al, do that on a different server of their own.... <Shrug> 

Anyway, nice to know I'm not "nominated" for that award... (yet)   :D  :D  :D   

Cheers,

4 :icon_e_salute:

#156 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann

Posted 05 April 2018 - 14:12

if you also note his little HTML stunt a few months back regarding "the so-called demise and shutdown of"  RoF, 

Cheers,

4 :icon_e_salute:

Ahh yes....the RoF equivalent of War of the Worlds. I fell for it....thought it was brilliant.

#157 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 05 April 2018 - 14:56

Ahh yes....the RoF equivalent of War of the Worlds. I fell for it....thought it was brilliant.

A lot of people fell for it, but the smart ones scrolled down the page.

#158 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann

Posted 05 April 2018 - 15:48

Can't always be on my A game like you. Trup must have given you a nanoban for calling Ice a CS.

#159 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 05 April 2018 - 16:49

Trup must have given you a nanoban for calling Ice a CS.

Isn't that statement a nanoviolation of rule #6?  Attached File  rasp1.gif   30.38KB   0 downloads

#160 Catfish

Catfish

Posted 07 April 2018 - 17:10

Hi, for some reason i cannot log in to the New Fliers and friends server II (US), it begins downloading and then i'm at the start screen. Hoewever there are two active players shown (?)

Thanks Catfish/Krazy Kat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users