* * * * * 1 votes

New Flyers and Friends servers

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#81 SurfimpGT

SurfimpGT
  • LocationSanta Barbara, CA, USA

Posted 07 March 2017 - 21:22

Shame it wasn't the Channel map, just for a change from that bloody Island !

Agreed on that sentiment - although I guess a lot of newbs won't have the Channel map?

There's a great Vintage Mission using the Channel map - called "Channel Bombers" or "Bombers Channel" or something like that, which focuses on submarine hunting. It's so much fun! You have to try and spot the sub's periscopes, which is insanely hard but very rewarding when it happens. You then bomb and try to surface the sub, then destroy it.

I have no idea how hard that was to implement, but if there's any way we could modify the existing "Sub Hunt" map to feature it, that would be so cool.

S! guys and thanks for keeping these servers going. I will try the new map on Ma & Pa's tonight!

"Be the change you wish to see in the world."

Founding Member, SPADaholics Anonymous

#82 GrahamshereGT

GrahamshereGT
  • LocationDeroche,Britsh Columbia,Canada

Posted 17 March 2017 - 17:41

That would be a fun map but with the S-16 with or without the D.H.2.

#83 Philemmett

Philemmett

Posted 04 September 2017 - 21:17

Gentlemen,

Please help me welcome the newest member to the =NFF= Team!

He is flying now with the name '=NFF=Ace Rimmer.'   He's been enjoying and helping on both of our Servers for well over a year.  His competitors and companions speak extremely well of him.  He is known for his flying skills and competitiveness.  But, he also takes time to assist with newer patrons of 'Multiplayer.' 

He resides in the Czech Republic.  He is well known as a historian of WWI Aircraft Colors and paint schemes.  He and his wife also own and manage horse stables where they teach riding techniques and discipline.

He is a welcome new member of our small group. 

Take care Gentlemen and enjoy having fun on both our 'NFF' Servers.

Sincerely,

Philemmett

Phil =NFF=Patriarch

#84 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 05 September 2017 - 04:14

Welcome, Mr. Rimmer! :)

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

fcpq25c.jpg

#85 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem

Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:49

Gentlemen,

Please help me welcome the newest member to the =NFF= Team!

He is flying now with the name '=NFF=Ace Rimmer.'

I wonder could you clarify; is he a fully-baked admin or another ROFCON jockey?

ARTY EFFEM

#86 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 06 September 2017 - 09:27

I wonder could you clarify; is he a fully-baked admin or another ROFCON jockey?

I wonder could you clarify - what has it got to do with you ? 

:ph34r:

#87 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem

Posted 06 September 2017 - 10:40

I wonder could you clarify - what has it got to do with you ? 

:ph34r:

I regard it of paramount importance that when addressing an apparent administrator, the clientele has an inherent right to be aware of that individual's level of exhaltation. For instance should one discover something (relatively) wrong in an NFF server, one should be able to discern whether the person to whom they report the problem is actually in a position to effect a remedy, or is but a base underling, constrained in his powers and obliged to suffer the humiliation nay ignominy of having to pass-on the report to another, invariably via the server's forum which anyone could do just as easily.

That's how it concerns me.

ARTY EFFEM

#88 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 06 September 2017 - 14:02

Dear Arty, I've figured it out (ana bout time too). What you speak of is an internal matter, so you can take your prop anger elsewhere...

But we all know you love to fly and hang around NFF servers - so why not hang around some more, show a little aptitude for helping out the noobs, then maybe soon you'll be invited to wear the prestigeous =NFF= tag too !

Considering your obsession with all things NFF it would be the logical next step for you to take.

You do realise that your life is ebbing away with every breath you take ? So I'd ask yourself if all this NFF huffing and puffing couldn't be put to better use..

=NFF=Effem - it does have a certain ring to it ;)

#89 Philemmett

Philemmett

Posted 12 September 2017 - 21:27

Gentlemen,

Please help me welcome a new member to our '=NFF=' group!

He is well known as 'K9Fuzz.' 

He's been flying with us for a long time now.  He has shown his competitive skills and willingness to help newer pilots learn the ropes.  He is also known for his flying ability!

He joins us after many folks have spoken very highly of him.  He is a welcome addition. 

We sincerely welcome him to our small team. 

His ID from now on is: '=NFF=K9Fuzz.'  

Take care Gentlemen.

Sincerely,

Philemmett

Phil =NFF=Patriarch

#90 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 12 September 2017 - 23:38

Welcome K9! The NFF ranks continue to swell...

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

fcpq25c.jpg

#91 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:27

Yeah welcome Fuzz !

So you were ghflory then.. ha ha that one slipped under my radar.

:icon_e_salute:

#92 GrahamshereGT

GrahamshereGT

Posted 16 September 2017 - 15:26

So I was thinking you guys should have a tournament of some sorts, Maybe have 2 vs 2. Pick a wing man and have different category's. every one fly's the same plane then allied vs central and so on. You could use both servers. Not sure how your servers will handle too many players at once so you might need to have time slots for so many fights.

Wasn't there a tournament like this at some time a while back, Maybe you can use that set up if it's still around.

#93 Philemmett

Philemmett

Posted 20 September 2017 - 20:07

GrahamshereGT,

Your suggestion is taken with a 'grain of salt!' 

We have had, in the past, different offerings for pilots to join others in contests i.e. obstacle course challenges, timing exercises, competition shooting, and various 'teaching' sessions on interesting and complex topics.  All of which, initially, were well attended and received.

Over time these 'forums' turned into exercises much like 'herding cats.'  It was very difficult to maintain structure and commitment. 

The Gentlemen who were in charge, over time, became frustrated and worn out from all their efforts.  I suspect that's a natural phenomena of trying to organize people from different age groups, countries, and background.  They were very successful as long as they lasted.

It became evident that our purpose if offering =NFF= was to encourage people to do just what they wanted to do.  The 'organized' portion of all of our Maps is to allow skilled and soon-to-be-skilled individuals to learn the art of flying these ancient aircraft.  Many times these fun exercises turn into very competitive 'shooting opportunities.' 

You must understand that both =NFF= Servers are 'Open.'  We have no restrictions on flying with us except civility and honorable behavior.  People who violate these simple rules of conduct are quickly 'banned' of 'kicked' from our Servers.

There are no current plans to offer additional, organized programs. 

We sincerely thank you for suggesting some offerings in the future.  Perhaps you'd like to be the sponsor of one???

Thank you for interest in =NFF= Sir.

Philemmett

Phil =NFF=Patriarch

#94 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNooooooooo Zeeeeeeeeeeeland.

Posted 01 November 2017 - 07:31

Oh hello.

something is wrong. No idea what.

right now I was booted off NFF server during a great dog fight with Mitra. S! Darn it.

Looked on the game MP thingy and no NFF servers up, then:

http://rof.flying-barans.ru/ 

same nothing.

Um help.

Signed Plank.

Salute!

PS. Stumble had just connected and he may have had the same issue or not but he is in N.Z. too..... maybe the big cabley thing broke?

PPS. This is not the first time either. something was wrong yesterday too....

The various nationalities that draw together as one is my thing. We are all. ( I was drunk when I came up with this...)  Salute!

#95 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNooooooooo Zeeeeeeeeeeeland.

Posted 01 November 2017 - 08:07

Still off. Drat it.

S! P.

The various nationalities that draw together as one is my thing. We are all. ( I was drunk when I came up with this...)  Salute!

#96 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 01 November 2017 - 10:31

Plank !

Sorry about that - there's been a few niggles the last few days, plus we're still sorting out the missions / running order etc..

I expect normal service to be resumed in a jiffy !

:icon_e_salute:

#97 GrahamshereGT

GrahamshereGT

Posted 04 November 2017 - 08:55

Really good idea with the bombing and striffing map guys, But can I suggest with the air start can it be higher like 6000ft, or pull the airdromes back further so we can climb. Would be great for high alt bombing practice.

#98 Agent86

Agent86
  • LocationNorth Woods

Posted 05 November 2017 - 14:23

It's a shame that you aren't getting a response here Graham. Maybe try contacting the mission maker directly ?  

Sorry About That                                                           

#99 Philemmett

Philemmett

Posted 10 November 2017 - 21:31

Gentlemen,

It is truly encouraging that some of you were disturbed that both '=NFF=' Servers were temporarily off line.  It means to us that some of you sincerely care about the availability, creativity, and the challenge of our 'Maps' that our Team provides. 

We hope that some day you'll understand that providing this is gratuitous.  No-one is ever charged for their use.  The Gentlemen who put them together do it out of their own free will.  The time and effort they extend is for your enjoyment and pleasure. 

It is our sincere hope that you'll help some of the 'Newer' pilots enjoy all that 'RoF' has to offer. 

When you find it necessary to criticize our efforts, we'd ask you to think twice.  When you take the time to analyze any of their construction, take a little more time to add some constructive suggestions. 

The Gentlemen who spend so much time creating them would sincerely appreciate positive recommendations.  It is a waste of your time, and theirs, to extol 'pot shots' at them that are not constructive.

Our wholehearted thanks go to our 'Magician' who keeps them running at full speed 24/7.  Without him there would not be =NFF=.

Enjoy what we have to offer.  That's what we are all about.

Very Sincerely,

PhilEmmett

Phil =NFF=Patriarch

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users