* * * * * 2 votes

New Flyers and Friends servers

• Please log in to reply
283 replies to this topic

#41 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 29 September 2016 - 13:17

Arty what NFF does is NFF business,NOT YOUR'S, if you don't like it too bad. Go play with all your friends on your server, and quit stirring up SHIT. 

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#42 IFlyCentral

IFlyCentral
  • LocationTerok Nor

Posted 29 September 2016 - 13:29

No more bombing of airfields? I guess there just won't be much bombing at all anymore. The occasional ship, and thats about it. If thats what you guys want to do I'm cool with that. I think it should be placed somewhere in BOLD print on the server. Otherwise a lot of people will be getting in trouble if they have not seen this topic. I did an airfield bombing just the other day because no one was flying on the other side.

-Aviation Cheat Codes-

7500 - Fly Formation with F-16
7600 - ATC Mute Button
7700 - Priority Landing Anywhere

#43 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 29 September 2016 - 13:30

If you have any specific points regarding the moderation on NFF Arty just let it out !

All these generalistic put-downs aren't adding any value to anything.

As you aren't seen flying on NFF under any known moniker, again I wonder what your vested interest is here..

Any discussions or indeed dis-agreements between NFF members should stay just that - what goes on in the dressing room stays in the dressing room, as they say.

As the servers in question are a public domain, and there are some youngsters who play or maybe just view the action and subsequent 'chat', it is our intention to keep things at a relatively decent level of civility.

I think that's the major point Phil is trying to get across.

And as far as I've experienced all other moderated public servers try and do the same.

:icon_e_salute:

".. and they'll send you home in a pine overcoat, with a letter to your Mum,

Saying find enclosed one son one medal and a note, to, say, he, Won".

#44 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem
  • LocationR E S I G N E D 13/6/2018 veryuseful.info/rof

Posted 29 September 2016 - 13:50

Arty what NFF does is NFF business,NOT YOUR'S, if you don't like it too bad. Go play with all your friends on your server, and quit stirring up SHIT. 

All I did was ask a question, and I would say it's not your place to speak for a group from which you have disassociated yourself..

#45 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 29 September 2016 - 13:52

All I did was ask a question, and I would say it's not your place to speak for a group from which you have disassociated yourself..

Just stop, you're embarrassing yourself. 

#46 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem

Posted 29 September 2016 - 13:59

Just stop, you're embarrassing yourself. 

I'm embarrassing someone.

#47 Cybermat47

Cybermat47
  • LocationNew South Wales, Australia

Posted 29 September 2016 - 14:03

"If I could only have brought him down alive."
- Lieutenant Arthur Rhys-Davids, recalling his victory over Leutnant Werner Voss.

#48 J2_Marx

J2_Marx
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 29 September 2016 - 14:15

damn.....where did i leave my patato chips and cola

here we go again :icon_e_biggrin:

#49 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 29 September 2016 - 14:32

No more bombing of airfields? I guess there just won't be much bombing at all anymore. The occasional ship, and thats about it. If thats what you guys want to do I'm cool with that. I think it should be placed somewhere in BOLD print on the server. Otherwise a lot of people will be getting in trouble if they have not seen this topic. I did an airfield bombing just the other day because no one was flying on the other side.

Yeah...I thought that too. I know I used to like taking HPs or Gothas and kick up the hornets nest every once and a while by bombing the fields. But, if Phil doesn't want that on his server, I'll respect that. I really appreciate that he is working to keep trolling (not your type of trolls, Mr. Marx - you know what I mean :lol: ;) ) to a minimum.

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

xAKPpvf.jpg

#50 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem

Posted 29 September 2016 - 14:58

Dear Phil,

Can we have a terse list of things you are not allowed to do on the =NFF= servers? ( The game things in particular, rather than the behaviour things...)

You mentioned bombing AF's was out.

Is vulching out too? ( I do wait till they are aloft though. ahem. quite.)

There has always been an unexplained inconsistency on NFF; vulching has never been allowed but obliterating airfields (and static aircraft ) with bombs never receives any criticism. Difficult to reconcile that one.

For those wanting  to try a new activity on NFF, try ramming the owner's Dr1 repeatedly without his realising. How can this be possible? Well he appears for all practical purposes to have given up flying (and who can blame him in there?), instead preferring to use his plane as an avatar by just leaving it parked on the airfield, presumably while he's busy gasbagging on TS.  So the idea is you log-in using one of your spare accounts, get into an Albatros  and just repeatedly ram his plane while he remains completely oblivious. Periodically he will respawn, presumably in the belief that he has just been bombed, so off you go again.

#51 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 29 September 2016 - 15:03

Arty just what is your problem,besides being a Coprophiliac.

#52 GrahamshereGT

GrahamshereGT
  • LocationDeroche,Britsh Columbia,Canada

Posted 29 September 2016 - 16:45

I rather bomb those pesky ships, damn their a pain in the ass.

#53 IFlyCentral

IFlyCentral
  • LocationTerok Nor

Posted 29 September 2016 - 16:57

I rather bomb those pesky ships, damn their a pain in the ass.

Especially those AAA barges that park right infront of the central airfield on that one map.

-Aviation Cheat Codes-

7500 - Fly Formation with F-16
7600 - ATC Mute Button
7700 - Priority Landing Anywhere

#54 Philemmett

Philemmett

Posted 30 September 2016 - 00:15

Gentlemen,

I stand corrected......

It was brought to our attention that 'Bombing' an Airfield is an acceptable tactic.

Please ignore my first critique of this.  I wish you all luck in hitting your targets. 

Thank you for understanding this mistake. 

Take care and have a wonderful time on our =NFF=Servers.

Philemmett,

(=NFF=Patriarch)

#55 Plank

Plank
  • LocationNew Zealand.

Posted 30 September 2016 - 00:47

Grammar police.

They're.  ( They are at sea in a ship of fools..)

There. ( It's over there like I said.)

Their.  ( Their brandy will evaporate eventually. )

There's ( There is a brand new one ready to go. )

There're ( There are a few more planes to be had at this event.)

there maybe more...

S! P.

There'n't. ( There is not a day that goes by...)

-

Captured again!

#56 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem

Posted 30 September 2016 - 00:47

It was brought to our attention that 'Bombing' an Airfield is an acceptable tactic.

Please ignore my first critique of this.  I wish you all luck in hitting your targets. 

Thank you for understanding this mistake. 

This does nothing to explain the rationale of allowing bombing of what could be a field full or parked planes, but not strafing. Maybe reasoning is just too much to expect from this group, but then I must remember that it's none of my damn business, so there's an end to it.

#57 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 30 September 2016 - 00:53

I must remember that it's none of my damn business, so there's an end to it.

Attached File  jTxK4bqTE.jpeg   149.98KB   1 downloads

#58 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 30 September 2016 - 14:08

Two NFF topics merged. Off-topic posts removed (NFF, please let me know if you wanted that discussion to continue :) ). 

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#59 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 02 October 2016 - 02:05

Looks like someone got his feelings hurt, screen shot. 

Attached File  butt hurt.jpg   45.92KB   1 downloads

#60 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 02 October 2016 - 02:08

Morse Code in the screen shot below, your mother must be proud.

Attached Files

#61 Cybermat47

Cybermat47
  • LocationNew South Wales, Australia

Posted 02 October 2016 - 02:23

Morse Code in the screen shot below, your mother must be proud.

Whoever that immature little crybaby is, they could have just called the NFF staff that on the forums. It would be more convenient.
"If I could only have brought him down alive."
- Lieutenant Arthur Rhys-Davids, recalling his victory over Leutnant Werner Voss.

#62 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem

Posted 02 October 2016 - 02:55

Looks like someone got his feelings hurt, screen shot. 

attachicon.gifbutt hurt.jpg

I don't quite get that, but by coincidence a colleague has just sent me an in-map screenshot:

Attached File  HB_KICK.png   87.53KB   0 downloadsThis one will never get old.

How reassuring to know that at least some servers are properly regulated.

#63 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 02 October 2016 - 04:49

LOL​    I guess we know who got their feelings hurt.  

P.S. Referring to ones self as a colleague show some serious health problems. 

#64 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem

Posted 02 October 2016 - 09:20

LOL​    I guess we know who got their feelings hurt.  

Unless you have seriously misunderstood something, I still don't see what point you were trying to make, much less how it may relate to NFF.

#65 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 02 October 2016 - 12:57

Unless you have seriously misunderstood something, I still don't see what point you were trying to make, much less how it may relate to NFF.

Arty after invents in the forum and in a NFF server a new server appears with the name of "Nasty Foes and Fiends" that is operated by you.

You know exactly how it relates to NFF, if you hate NFF server and it's admins so much just stay away.

#66 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem

Posted 02 October 2016 - 14:40

Arty after invents in the forum and in a NFF server a new server appears with the name of "Nasty Foes and Fiends" that is operated by you.

You know exactly how it relates to NFF, if you hate NFF server and it's admins so much just stay away.

Well that clarifies things, I thought perhaps you were alluding to the server's patrons. As far as NFF is concerned, I do stay away, let's face it there's just so long anyone could put up it. I liken those servers to prohibition-era beer; its quality was an insult to the public but they felt they had no choice but to accept it. Consequently, if I choose to provide an alternative, it is...what's that phrase we've been reading on here recently?  Oh yes - none of your business.

#67 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 02 October 2016 - 14:58

Arty check out this link, you need it. http://www.sane.org....upport/helpline

#68 Surfimp

Surfimp
  • LocationSanta Barbara, CA, USA

Posted 03 March 2017 - 05:26

Cheating Accusation - March 2, 2017

Hi Guys,

Tonight on one of the NFF servers, NFF Gary said he had suspicions I was cheating. I have been flying RoF since 2011 and on your servers for as long as they've been online, and have interacted with many of you personally in that time. I want to make it clear that I do not now, and have never, cheated in Rise of Flight or any other game.

Some of you may recall that in the past, I was very into flying SPADs and focused on those planes. After a break in playing RoF from 2015-2016, I have started playing again early this year, and have been focusing on learning the Camel and Dr.1, planes I have never been very good at, and (as anyone who has seen me fly them) am still not very good at.

However, in March 2015, I quit drinking alcohol. More recently, I also spent some time in BoS learning WWII -style deflection shooting. Those two things together have significantly improved my gunnery in RoF, apparently, and with Improved Gunnery turned on in the NFF servers, and the turn rate of the Dr.1 (even when flown poorly by me), I am finding it much easier to get kills than in the past, when I was flying BnZ with SPADs.

So... my performance (as regards the scoreboard) is higher than in the past, and the overall level of players in RoF is, shall we say kindly, not what it once was. Apparently, all those factors together have led to a situation where I am accused of being a cheater.

This accusation really took the wind out of my sails. I don't know what to say, other than to reiterate that I do not, have never, and will never cheat, and that positive life changes and a focus on turnfighters is the complete and entire explanation for my flying today, such as it is.

I told Gary he could PM me through the RoF forum (I've also crossposted to the NFF forum) when he concluded his investigation. I will not fly on NFF servers until I hear my name has been cleared.

Sincerely,
Steve Lange
aka SurfimpGT
surfimp@gmail.com

Founding Member, SPADaholics Anonymous

#69 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 03 March 2017 - 06:55

@ SurfimpGT     I'm sorry to hear of this and I would not put too much stock in accusation,( Gary can be a bit of a ass at times ).

I also hope this will not keep you flying where you want to.

HB

#70 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:06

Hi Surfimp Salute Sir !

Just to clarify.. Gary can be a bit of an ass at times ;) .

He likes to muck around sometimes, as most of us do. So the best I can hope for without knowing what happened, is that maybe he was fooling around in some way that wasn't apparent to you.

Any road up, he's a good guy and lots of fun to fly with ! I'll have a quick word to try and find out what happened. I'm sure it won't happen again.

Having read your posts here and in particular this one, I don't believe for a second you're any kind of a cheat.

It's great to see you flying again, and I always enjoy seeing GT's on NFF.

Hopefully you can brush this off and we'll see you again.

=NFF=SNAKE..EYES

P.S. NFF doesn't have IG activated !

#71 Surfimp

Surfimp

Posted 03 March 2017 - 12:08

Hi Surfimp Salute Sir !

Just to clarify.. Gary can be a bit of an ass at times ;) .

He likes to muck around sometimes, as most of us do. So the best I can hope for without knowing what happened, is that maybe he was fooling around in some way that wasn't apparent to you.

Any road up, he's a good guy and lots of fun to fly with ! I'll have a quick word to try and find out what happened. I'm sure it won't happen again.

Having read your posts here and in particular this one, I don't believe for a second you're any kind of a cheat.

It's great to see you flying again, and I always enjoy seeing GT's on NFF.

Hopefully you can brush this off and we'll see you again.

=NFF=SNAKE..EYES

P.S. NFF doesn't have IG activated !

Thank you Snake. I am aware of Gary's "style" and I have never let it bother me.

There was an extended discussion of cheating between himself and another player that began as soon as I logged last night. The other player, the404, was claiming he had some means by which to identify cheating, and would be emailing Gary with details at the end of the evening. I was simply flying while all this transpired.

This proceeded through the course of the "Protect Your Tanks" map until finally Gary made it known that he had suspicions about me. I was shocked and completely taken aback, though suggested that if he had means by which to identify cheating, then he should absolutely use them on my account so as to clear my name.

I will say that, as I've focused on learning to fly the Camel and Dr.1 in recent weeks, I have been having increasing success and I guess doing OK (I don't spin the Camel quite as much as I used to, so there's that).

The main thing, though, is that after 6 years and hundreds if not thousands of hours in RoF, that gunnery has finally clicked for me, after a long period where I was pretty bad. This is not as the result of some kind of aimbot or other cheating but, apparently, due to finally learning how to properly lead a target.

Because I no longer exclusively or nearly exclusively fly the SPAD, and am starting to fly the Camel and Dr.1, it is a lot easier to get practice with gunnery on a dogfight server and that is in fact why I love the NFF servers... it's great practice.

I used to generally avoid those planes (Camel and Dr.1) in the past, both because I found them hard to fly and, more importantly, because of their "uber plane" status from 2011-2014 (back when the Dr.1 was routinely called the clown wagon, for example). Now that these planes have been balanced relative to the rest of the plane set, meaning there are more reasonable counters to them than before, I don't feel like it's so bad to fly them... at least, I didn't before last night.

In any event, that is the deal with my playing. Yes, I am not quite as bad as I used to be, but I am not using hacks or cheats to do it, I have simply been practicing a lot. That combined with not drinking seems to have helped my results to improve. I definitely don't want to bum anyone out, and I always try to be helpful to anyone who poses questions in chat, and I always try to give a S! to anyone I play with, regardless of the outcome of the fight.

Anyways, thanks for hearing me out.

#72 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann
  • LocationChateau Boistrancourt

Posted 03 March 2017 - 15:42

Gary was probably hammered when he said that so dont worry about it. He's actually a lot of fun and one of the reasons I frequent the NFF servers. I'm pretty sure I was on as the same time as Surf and didn't see any funny business. We were on the same target quite a few times with him getting the shoot down simply because he could turn tighter.

#73 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 03 March 2017 - 15:56

@ Klugermann   The next time you fly with Gary, ask him if he got the webs be-twine his toes trimmed yet. :P  ;) 

P.S. It's a Louisiana thing. ;)   

#74 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann
  • LocationChateau Boistrancourt

Posted 03 March 2017 - 16:37

LMAO !!!

200_s.gif

#75 Surfimp

Surfimp

Posted 06 March 2017 - 17:40

Just to circle up on this - I've been in touch with all parties involved and the suspicions have been resolved and the matter put to rest. Big thanks to all involved for hearing me out and now let's get back to the turning and the burning! :)

#76 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 07 March 2017 - 19:14

S! Hillbilly

I often take suggestions from people and try to get them to work as a mission.

Much like David Bowie  as Tesla in "The Prestige", I find myself saying, "These things don't always work as intended."

I have found that sea battles are very tough to do. What I have here is a program that may be best suited to an NFF style of play. It is a sea battle in the bay at Fantasy Island. Each side has two cruisers. To win you just kill the two enemy cruisers. Simple. The only problem is that the Entente get FE2bs as bombers and the Central forces get Rolands. The Fees carry more bombs but do not defend themselves very well. The Rolands have great guns but do not carry many bombs. The scouts are DH2s and E3s.  There are some arty but they are not a determining factor. They can be easily taken out by bombing their spotters.

It is a fun mission for 4 or more players. It goes very quickly, usually in under 45 minutes. It actually runs longer with more players as the bombers get killed fairly easily.

Attached File  cork.zip   41.5KB   3 downloads

sig9.png

#77 Surfimp

Surfimp

Posted 07 March 2017 - 19:38

I'd play that!

#78 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 07 March 2017 - 19:45

I think I might too :icon_e_biggrin:

Shame it wasn't the Channel map, just for a change from that bloody Island !

Thanks for this Butz :icon_e_salute:

#79 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 07 March 2017 - 19:53

S! Hillbilly

I often take suggestions from people and try to get them to work as a mission.

Much like David Bowie  as Tesla in "The Prestige", I find myself saying, "These things don't always work as intended."

I have found that sea battles are very tough to do. What I have here is a program that may be best suited to an NFF style of play. It is a sea battle in the bay at Fantasy Island. Each side has two cruisers. To win you just kill the two enemy cruisers. Simple. The only problem is that the Entente get FE2bs as bombers and the Central forces get Rolands. The Fees carry more bombs but do not defend themselves very well. The Rolands have great guns but do not carry many bombs. The scouts are DH2s and E3s.  There are some arty but they are not a determining factor. They can be easily taken out by bombing their spotters.

It is a fun mission for 4 or more players. It goes very quickly, usually in under 45 minutes. It actually runs longer with more players as the bombers get killed fairly easily.

attachicon.gifcork.zip

I'll put it on Ma and Pa's server and see how it go's  :icon_e_salute:

#80 Surfimp

Surfimp

Posted 07 March 2017 - 20:23

I love the early war planes, this will be great fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users