Photo
- - - - -

Morane-Saulnier Type H - Look-a-like skin hack by A1_Phoenix

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Poll: Morane-Saulnier Type H - Look-a-like skin hack (20 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you agree to add this paintscheme in protected mode?

1. Yes (15 votes [75.00%])

Percentage of vote: 75.00%

2. No (5 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 A1_Phoenix

A1_Phoenix
  • LocationMilano, Italy

Posted 22 September 2016 - 00:49

There is no 1915 without early c**p planes, so why not convert a Fokker E.III in something else?

It's a Morane H look-a-like, with alpha cutting where needed, wheathered Aéronatique Militaire markings, and a brand new machine gun to catch those pesky Fokkers!

(and.. yes, i miss a proper Morane Bullet. yuck.)

2016-10-09 UPDATE!!! ------> DOWNLOAD

- Final, reworked version

- Updated Alpha cutting

- more "Moranesque" style on front fuselage
- more accurate Aeronatique Militaire 1915 style (no flags on fuselage, it's a "generic" skin)

9SGablh.jpg

S!
A1_Phoenix

Required files here

#2 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 22 September 2016 - 01:02

I voted yes, but to be a proper Morane-Saulnier type H you should remove the machine gun.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#3 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 22 September 2016 - 01:22

Interesting attempt, but unfortunately the alpha-tweaking has resulted in a number of "open edges" on the rudder and tailplane similar to what happens when you try to shave off the rudder on the Albatros but get a little too aggressive with it.  Given what the devs said about some of those earlier examples, I doubt if this one would make it through their quality checks.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#4 szelljr

szelljr

Posted 22 September 2016 - 10:37

y

#5 A1_Phoenix

A1_Phoenix
  • LocationMilano, Italy

Posted 22 September 2016 - 10:51

I voted yes, but to be a proper Morane-Saulnier type H you should remove the machine gun.

Thank you HillBilly  :icon_e_smile:
Yes, the real type H was unarmed but i tried to gain a generic entente monoplane fighter, with "Moranesque" style

Interesting attempt, but unfortunately the alpha-tweaking has resulted in a number of "open edges" on the rudder and tailplane similar to what happens when you try to shave off the rudder on the Albatros but get a little too aggressive with it.  Given what the devs said about some of those earlier examples, I doubt if this one would make it through their quality checks.

Rgr that Panthercules! that's a risk, but worth trying: E.III rudder was too much "german", the edited one totally changes the overall feel.

so, finger crossed for the poll and devs choice, as i almost have other "Moranes" (RFC "H" and AM/RFC "N") to submit :)

Thank you!  :icon_e_salute: 
A1

#6 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 22 September 2016 - 11:54

But this will still fly and shoot exactly like an EIII.. ?

".. and they'll send you home in a pine overcoat, with a letter to your Mum,

Saying find enclosed one son one medal and a note, to, say, he, Won".

#7 A1_Phoenix

A1_Phoenix
  • LocationMilano, Italy

Posted 22 September 2016 - 12:25

Well, it IS an E.III, in game: slow and sluggish and uneffective against german 2-seaters :)
We can only use imagination, and fly it like a generic early war monoplane :)

#8 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 22 September 2016 - 13:05

Good job and all that, really Salute !

But I have to say i don't really see the point of it being included in the game if it's going to be EIII vs EIII..

Maybe the Devs will see this and give us a couple more early.. if not in fact mid-war planes to enjoy.. :P

:icon_e_salute:

".. and they'll send you home in a pine overcoat, with a letter to your Mum,

Saying find enclosed one son one medal and a note, to, say, he, Won".

#9 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 22 September 2016 - 16:46

Thanks, but do not remove the gun because you will get a strange empty cowling. Btw I do fly this plane when flying the eastern front, that MS can be found at the check six forum. This is a French forum but Google translate will help a lott, this could be an handy to compare that plane to yours.

Please keep on.
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#10 A1_Phoenix

A1_Phoenix
  • LocationMilano, Italy

Posted 23 September 2016 - 12:05

Dutch2, don't worry, it's a fighter, the gun is here to stay :)
I currently run ROF with latest C6 modpack, but without aircraft modifications, i'll try the MS then! of course, i still need a working E.III

Still waiting for "SAS1919" hehehehe

S! to all

A1_Phoenix

#11 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 23 September 2016 - 16:31

Please, also make the Pfalz E, version also one can be found on Checksix forum, to compare.
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#12 B24_LIBERATOR

B24_LIBERATOR
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 24 September 2016 - 16:39

Looks good! I would move the Morane Saulnier logo to the front of the cowling though. :icon_e_salute:

Liberator's Tutorials: http://steamcommunit...s/?id=438268482

tahhfk.jpg

#13 A1_Phoenix

A1_Phoenix
  • LocationMilano, Italy

Posted 25 September 2016 - 12:41

Dutch2, started a Pfalz E this morning, with C6mod alpha layer, it looks good! Will post some pictures later :D

B24, too much time has passed, your "bleriot" started my trials with alpha editing, thank you again! The MS logo is common with typeN layers, as front cowling is alphacutted away :)

#14 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 25 September 2016 - 12:59

as front cowling is alphacutted away

I have no idea on how to skin, but could not trim the cowling "Alpha" much in the same way you trimmed the rudder and elevators? :icon_e_salute:  

#15 A1_Phoenix

A1_Phoenix
  • LocationMilano, Italy

Posted 25 September 2016 - 13:17

HB, i did it: the result is something like that

http://cdn-www.airli...85343.jpg?v=v20

#16 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 25 September 2016 - 13:27

I was thinking more like this, the cowl trimmed to yellow lines, I don't think you can add any like the blue line. It would look more like the common MS H.

Attached File  UserViewer 2016-09-25 08-02-43-17.jpg   277.19KB   0 downloads Attached File  cerrem184.jpg   487.2KB   0 downloads

But I have no idea if any of this could be done. :icon_e_salute:

#17 A1_Phoenix

A1_Phoenix
  • LocationMilano, Italy

Posted 25 September 2016 - 13:39

Yes, it can be done: my pfalz will have this cowling shape (of course only with yellow line), this MS is more open because to be honest i started it as a spinner-less Bullet :)

#18 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 25 September 2016 - 13:42

Yes, it can be done: my pfalz will have this cowling shape (of course only with yellow line), this MS is more open because to be honest i started it as a spinner-less Bullet :)

Attached File  jTxK4bqTE.jpeg   149.98KB   1 downloads

#19 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 02 October 2016 - 12:31

Any news or update for the final version?

#20 A1_Phoenix

A1_Phoenix
  • LocationMilano, Italy

Posted 04 October 2016 - 00:57

Any news or update for the final version?

I'm working on it :)

I think the final result will be a Type G instead :D

Pmotbgs.jpg

#21 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 04 October 2016 - 16:02

I'm waiting please let me know when finished

#22 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 04 October 2016 - 16:41

I'm waiting please let me know when finished

Yes, me too, I can't wait to see how the second seat is done.

#23 A1_Phoenix

A1_Phoenix
  • LocationMilano, Italy

Posted 04 October 2016 - 22:57

A quick update: let me know if it's good enough :) (no 2nd seat guys, of course)

Attached File  A1_FE3_MoraneHack_AM.zip   3.74MB   5 downloads

The final version will be published here! :)

S!
A1_Phoenix

#24 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 05 October 2016 - 16:05

I'm a weekend flyer but I will test it, next weekend.

#25 A1_Phoenix

A1_Phoenix
  • LocationMilano, Italy

Posted 08 October 2016 - 22:42

Hi guys! :)

The "morane-hack" skin is almost ready: i have to repack and reupload everything, some flu this week and the work slowed down a bit hehehehe

There are some differences, mostly in alpha-cut and front fuselage part, more "generic" look.

NILe4Q4.jpg

S!

#26 A1_Phoenix

A1_Phoenix
  • LocationMilano, Italy

Posted 09 October 2016 - 08:29

Guys, update in 1st post! :)

S!

A1_Phoenix

#27 =J99=Sizzlorr

=J99=Sizzlorr

Posted 09 October 2016 - 10:15

Looks promising! Downloading!

yedwwtfx.gif

#28 Cybermat47

Cybermat47
  • LocationNew South Wales, Australia

Posted 11 October 2016 - 13:48

I don't suppose there's any way to turn an R.E.8. into a B.E.2c?
"If I could only have brought him down alive."
- Lieutenant Arthur Rhys-Davids, recalling his victory over Leutnant Werner Voss.

#29 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 09 April 2017 - 00:01

Interesting work and noble effort, but unless you can somehow fix the too-aggressive cuts on the alpha channel for the tail it's not going to be able to be approved for inclusion in a skin pack, if there is another one   (edges look open both from a trailing plane's perspective and from the cockpit looking backward).

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users