#1 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 15 September 2016 - 17:28

http://forum.il2stur...-now-available/

#2 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 15 September 2016 - 17:47

I bought it. I can't fly to save my life (yet) in BOS, but this looks pretty cool! :)

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

XZjh8rJ.jpg

#3 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 15 September 2016 - 18:01

Bought it too :)

#4 US103_Baer

US103_Baer

Posted 01 September 2017 - 17:57

Battle of Kuban map looks great in video I've seen on YouTube.
Hope it proves successful for 1C

"Gathering his pilots around him on arrival he gave a pep talk, saying that they were equipped with the finest machine of all time and had three battle-experienced flight commanders. He expected every one of them to fight like hell and that it must never be said that any of them ever failed to go to the aid of a comrade, regardless of the cost, and that no patrol was ever to be late in taking off."

Major Keith 'Grid' Caldwell, 74 Sq

#5 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 01 September 2017 - 18:09

Battle of Kuban map looks great in video I've seen on YouTube.
Hope it proves successful for 1C

I can confirm it looks great.

ra719g.jpg

#6 arthursmedley

arthursmedley

Posted 11 April 2018 - 03:12

#7 arthursmedley

arthursmedley

Posted 26 May 2018 - 02:24

#8 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 26 May 2018 - 06:35

I do have BoM, BoS and an Ju52, but not playing much this game because I think it is all rather sterile and after watching this video I’m afraid the BoK is not my type of game.
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#9 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 26 May 2018 - 16:38

I do have BoM, BoS and an Ju52, but not playing much this game because I think it is all rather sterile and after watching this video I’m afraid the BoK is not my type of game.

I have everything they have made available for BoX (BoS, BoM, BoK, etc.) but I could never really get into it myself, until they added VR support and I got my Oculus Rift last summer.  It's just an unbelievably cooler experience in VR, especially on the Kuban map with all the hills/mountains and stuff.  Kinda spoiled me for flying RoF actually 'cause flying on the monitor just doesn't feel the same any more.  Really looking forward to Flying Circus so I can get back to my true love of flying these WWI birds.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:  RoF SPAM killer markings-27.jpg

#10 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 26 May 2018 - 17:54

PH, Think you are right on this, only I’m not going to buy a VRgear for flying WW2 or jets, only if WW1 FC is release then it will be also for me possible to go for VR. Geuss it will be the Vive pro or Samsung Odessay, or does a higer resolution make no sence and better to go for the much cheaper Rift?

note: Ankor is also trying to move WoFF to directX11 so besides FC we could also use VR in WoFF.
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#11 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 27 May 2018 - 04:43

Geuss it will be the Vive pro or Samsung Odessay, or does a higer resolution make no sence and better to go for the much cheaper Rift?

That's currently being hotly debated over on the BoX forums.  Having only tried the Rift, I can't really say how the others compare.  The Samsung HMD in particular sounds pretty interesting (especially now that they appear to have figured out how to fix the IPD/scaling issue that was causing problems with BoX when those headsets first came out) as a possible alternative if you don't have any VR yet, but nothing I've seen about the new HMDs leads me to think it would be worth ditching my Rift for them.   I think I'll probably wait till Oculus comes out with the next Rift version to even think about getting another one.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960

#12 Cheeno

Cheeno

Posted 26 September 2018 - 09:46

The technology is still too clunky and game devs still don't know what exactly works and what doesn't in VR. That's why I haven't bothered with it yet. How is Battle of Kuban btw? Worth buying at this point?

#13 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 26 September 2018 - 16:42

I should be realy carefully about this before it will be a angry topic about me in the BoS forum.
Check ST-ami first photo, look at the snow at its edges, other objects on the photo’s are looking good btw. Ooi that will be a used on the BoS forum.

Think for you it is better to move to BoBpl, because if this is completed then the real gen2 VR will be suplied to the stores like the Pimax 5k/8k and the StarVR. If not in middle of another crypto hype, then also the 2080ti will be payable. I do not read about real VR complains in BoX, think PH can explain more on this VR.

Right now I’m trying to save all my euro’s and will go for BoBpl, as I’m not that rich.

#14 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 27 September 2018 - 00:46

I've been away from my RoF/BoX PC for several months and haven't been able to play BoX in VR for a while now, but I was having a blast with it before that, and Kuban was far and way the best map for VR (IMHO).  The sensation of flying over those mountains and through the valleys and then swooping back up over the ridges before diving back down on the harbors was simply amazing in VR with my Oculus Rift (CV1).  The other maps were fun too, but the more varied terrain features on the Kuban map were tailor made for VR.  I think it would probably be my favorite choice even without VR (I like the plane set a lot), but TBH I couldn't say for sure because I've never flown it (or any other BoX map) without VR since getting my Rift and I don't really remember what it was like back then.

#15 arthursmedley

arthursmedley

Posted 04 December 2018 - 13:38

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users