Activate airfield in multiplayer.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Amarok73

Amarok73
  • LocationWarsaw/Poland

Posted 13 September 2016 - 11:54

Hello,

I'd like to ask if this is possible to somehow cause that airfield becomes active and available for selection as starting point after it is discovered by specific side plane, but not before?

---------------------------------

Natural Born Kamikaze

#2 =J99=Sizzlorr

=J99=Sizzlorr

Posted 13 September 2016 - 12:19

Yes it is possible but you will always have a colored ring around that airfield even if it is inactive so there is no point in searching for it...

yedwwtfx.gif

#3 Amarok73

Amarok73
  • LocationWarsaw/Poland

Posted 13 September 2016 - 12:54

You mean on starting map?

So it can't be, that such "hidden" airfield will be not availiable as starting position until it will be activated with trigger?

Natural Born Kamikaze

#4 =J99=Sizzlorr

=J99=Sizzlorr

Posted 13 September 2016 - 12:59

You can deactivate the airfield as starting position and then activate it by a trigger, e.g. when you fly over it with a recon plane. But the airfield active or not will not be hidden on the map.

yedwwtfx.gif

#5 Amarok73

Amarok73
  • LocationWarsaw/Poland

Posted 13 September 2016 - 18:43

Pardon me my ignorance, but when You reffering to "airfield" on the map, You're talking about that small rectangular icon with plane inside, and set of objects on the ground related to it, or that circle that player have to select as starting position?

I am ok with first scenario, what I am about is just progresively enable consecutive airfield as starting position, as player(s) will "discover" them...

Natural Born Kamikaze

#6 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 13 September 2016 - 20:51

What he is saying, is if you designate an airfield as a player spawn point in the Mission Editor it will have a Circle around it on the Map Screen.

If you are looking at the screen and you have not chosen a side, then the circles will be Gold (on both sides).

Once you select a side, the Circles will be Blue for your active airfields, Red for the Enemy's active airfields, and Grey for the unaffiliated airfields.

It can definitely be set up that a side can claim a Grey airfield, but you can't hide the circle from the map.  The little square markers are *always* for airfields that are unavailable for players to spawn at, though you can still land at them of course.

Hopefully that clarifies things a bit.

Regards,

4 :icon_e_salute:

#7 Amarok73

Amarok73
  • LocationWarsaw/Poland

Posted 14 September 2016 - 05:16

FourSpeed, that is the picture I've needed. :-)

Natural Born Kamikaze

#8 =J99=Sizzlorr

=J99=Sizzlorr

Posted 14 September 2016 - 10:20

Yeah that was what i was talking about. Sorrry English is not my native language...

yedwwtfx.gif

#9 Amarok73

Amarok73
  • LocationWarsaw/Poland

Posted 14 September 2016 - 12:02

Sorrry English is not my native language...

No worries, there's two of us, so probably my poor English language was also reason, why I couldn't understand it clearly from what You said. :D

Natural Born Kamikaze

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users