* * * * * 2 votes

Team Speak and Your Controller

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Alky

Alky
  • LocationCYXX

Posted 10 September 2016 - 04:19

If this has been asked before, I apologize. Is it possible to bind a controller button to Team Speak?  I'm not a fan of using the vox feature because too many times people burp, momma yells at the kids, etc. That makes it instanly un-emersive!  LOL

George "Alky®" Fisher

#2 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 10 September 2016 - 06:45

If this has been asked before, I apologize. Is it possible to bind a controller button to Team Speak?  I'm not a fan of using the vox feature because too many times people burp, momma yells at the kids, etc. That makes it instanly un-emersive!  LOL

Yes, it is.  I have my PTT switch mapped to one of my JS buttons.

Regards,

:icon_e_salute:

#3 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 10 September 2016 - 07:56

Great question Alky! Never be afraid to post those sorts of questions mate. ;) (And I'm totally with you on the whole vox thing. Nothing more jarring than having to listen to a real-life soap opera being broadcast live from your wingman's house while dogfighting!) :lol:

Like FourSpeed mentioned, it is possible. Just follow the steps indicated in the article linked below, and simply push down the button you want instead when the article demonstrates by mapping the "V" key.
http://riseofflight....uide-teamspeak/

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

xAKPpvf.jpg

#4 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 10 September 2016 - 14:50

SO MANY times I was shot down while typing (SDWT) I would like to know which known (to me) pilots use TS.
Yes, I know it's not historical, but same applies to ingame chat :)

Please let me know, my friends.

#5 Alky

Alky
  • LocationCYXX

Posted 10 September 2016 - 15:28

Excellent article!  :)

I already have Teamspeak, so jumping down to the part about actually using TS and a controller button is where I'm confused.  You said...

NOTE: If you follow my setup and use “V”, then you will need to reprogram the bombsight button in ROF, since that is by default also “V”. If you don’t, then every time you push your hotkey in ROF, you will be taken to bombsight view. Not much fun

In my case I have the PTT set to "Q" which is handy for another game I sometimes play.  How do I program RoF to use the Q key it the PTT?

Thanks.  :)

George "Alky®" Fisher

#6 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 10 September 2016 - 15:48

In my case I have the PTT set to "Q" which is handy for another game I sometimes play. How do I program RoF to use the Q key it the PTT?
Thanks. :)

As long as the "Q" key isn't programmed to another function within ROF, just set "Q" as your push-to-talk in Teamspeak and you should be good to go. :)

I made that note because the "V" key by default in ROF is mapped to "bombsight." So, when I had Teamspeak running in the background, when I hit "V" I could still talk just fine...I just got taken to the bombsight every time I "pushed-to-talk." :lol:

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

xAKPpvf.jpg

#7 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 10 September 2016 - 15:52

SO MANY times I was shot down while typing (SDWT) I would like to know which known (to me) pilots use TS.
Yes, I kbnow it's not historical, but same applies to ingame chat :)

Please let me know, my friends.

I use it frequently - pretty much anytime I'm flying with someone. Almost all JG1 pilots use it. I'm sure the same goes for almost any squad. ;) I don't know how many lone wolves use it...as a solo pilot, Teamspeak isn't as useful. That being said, I have seen quite a few solo pilots hanging out together on New Wings' TS channel from time to time.

xAKPpvf.jpg

#8 Alky

Alky
  • LocationCYXX

Posted 10 September 2016 - 16:34

As long as the "Q" key isn't programmed to another function within ROF, just set "Q" as your push-to-talk in Teamspeak and you should be good to go. :)

I made that note because the "V" key by default in ROF is mapped to "bombsight." So, when I had Teamspeak running in the background, when I hit "V" I could still talk just fine...I just got taken to the bombsight every time I "pushed-to-talk." :lol:

I'm sorry I'm being so dense but, I would still have to assign the Q key to some category in RoF as well as the controller button to activate the Q. No matter what category you choose, RoF will try to perform the function. I tried the "Start Chat" function by assigning the Q and in a second window my controller button and it didn't work.  I must really be missing something here or looking for something harder than it is.  :(

George "Alky®" Fisher

#9 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 10 September 2016 - 18:10

I don't know what's going on then...

Teamspeak is a separate program from ROF. It runs in the background while you play ROF or any other game. All you "should" have to do is program the ptt button you want within Teamspeak and you should be good to go. ROF doesn't need to recognize your ptt key...just start up Teamspeak before running ROF and leave Teamspeak open and running while you play ROF.

Hopefully this helps? No need to worry about being "dense." Tech troubles make the best of us want to pull our hair out at times. :(

xAKPpvf.jpg

#10 Alky

Alky
  • LocationCYXX

Posted 10 September 2016 - 18:23

Teamspeak is a separate program from ROF. It runs in the background while you play ROF or any other game. All you "should" have to do is program the ptt button you want within Teamspeak and you should be good to go. ROF doesn't need to recognize your ptt key...just start up Teamspeak before running ROF and leave Teamspeak open and running while you play ROF.

I guess my OP wasn't clear enough. I want to assign the PTT key to a controller button while flying in RoF.  I know I can take my hands off the throttle and press the Q on the keyboard to activate the PTT but I want to be able to just move my finger to a button on the throttle to activate the PTT.

George "Alky®" Fisher

#11 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 10 September 2016 - 18:40

I guess my OP wasn't clear enough. I want to assign the PTT key to a controller button while flying in RoF.  I know I can take my hands off the throttle and press the Q on the keyboard to activate the PTT but I want to be able to just move my finger to a button on the throttle to activate the PTT.

Just assign the joystick button you want to use for PTT,and you're good to go.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#12 Alky

Alky
  • LocationCYXX

Posted 10 September 2016 - 19:36

Just assign the joystick button you want to use for PTT,and you're good to go.

Where do I assign the joystick button?

George "Alky®" Fisher

#13 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 10 September 2016 - 19:48

Team Speak/ Settings/Options/Hot keys/ push to talk.

#14 J5_Spyboy

J5_Spyboy

Posted 10 September 2016 - 19:48

I think in the TS Programme, but I can't be sure

#15 J5_Spyboy

J5_Spyboy

Posted 10 September 2016 - 19:49

Mr HillBilly to the rescue. TY HB

#16 Alky

Alky
  • LocationCYXX

Posted 10 September 2016 - 19:52

Team Speak/ Settings/Options/Hot keys/ push to talk.

There is no option to assign a hotkey to a joystick that I can see  :(

George "Alky®" Fisher

#17 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 10 September 2016 - 19:56

Attached File  ts.PNG   34.67KB   0 downloads

High-lite the push to talk,  then click on edit, then assign the button you want.

#18 Alky

Alky
  • LocationCYXX

Posted 10 September 2016 - 20:07

attachicon.gifts.PNG

High-lite the push to talk,  then click on edit, then assign the button you want.

I've already assigned the key, it's "Q", as I mentioned above, that's not a problem it works great in teamspeak, but how do I assign the "Q" to a "joystick" button so I can just hit the button on my joystick while I'm flying and talk on Team Speak? Somehow I'm not being clear enough here.  :(

George "Alky®" Fisher

#19 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 10 September 2016 - 20:10

Alky join me on Teamspeak 149.56.40.225 and I'll walk you through it.

#20 Alky

Alky
  • LocationCYXX

Posted 10 September 2016 - 20:31

Alky join me on Teamspeak 149.56.40.225 and I'll walk you through it.

All fixed up, thanks Hillbilly!!  :)

George "Alky®" Fisher

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users