- - - - -

Gift not working?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Alky

Alky
  • LocationCYXX

Posted 31 August 2016 - 17:50

I was gifted the DR.I which I activated. Looking in my profile it shows as activated but in the game it says I need to buy it. Is there a time period required for it to activate?

George "Alky®" Fisher

#2 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 31 August 2016 - 18:03

You have to exit and then restart the game.

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#3 Alky

Alky
  • LocationCYXX

Posted 31 August 2016 - 18:10

You have to exit and then restart the game.

I've done that several times.

I also manually copy & pasted the codes even though it said they were activated, the response was, that they were already activated.  :(

George "Alky®" Fisher

#4 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 31 August 2016 - 18:20

You may have to contact tech support.

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#5 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 31 August 2016 - 18:40

Do you have Rise of Flight on Steam, or did you download the game from here? If you have it on Steam and already own DLCs, I'm afraid the gift code won't work. :(

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

xAKPpvf.jpg

#6 Alky

Alky
  • LocationCYXX

Posted 31 August 2016 - 18:51

Do you have Rise of Flight on Steam, or did you download the game from here? If you have it on Steam and already own DLCs, I'm afraid the gift code won't work. :(

Never Steam, I downloaded the game here in 2009, with all updates from here. I have several others aircraft that I purchased a few years ago and they all work as advertised.

George "Alky®" Fisher

#7 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 31 August 2016 - 18:53

Hmm...puzzling.

Have you ever activated a gift before? As BraveSirRobin suggested, you may have to contact tech support. :/

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

xAKPpvf.jpg

#8 Alky

Alky
  • LocationCYXX

Posted 31 August 2016 - 19:37

Thank you all for your input and help, especially HotleadColdfeet for the gift in the first place!  :)

It looks like the problem is resolved. I hadn't started the game in online mode and when I did, it needed to "synchronize" profiles. That seemed to do it. 

Again, thank you all.  :)

George "Alky®" Fisher

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users