Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Vote for your final "Vintage Mission"!

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Poll: Vote for your final "Vintage Mission" on the Syndicate server! (43 member(s) have cast votes)

What should be the final "Vintage Mission" ?

1. Knights of the Sea by Waxworks. (Channel Map) Mid 1917. Realistic missions and weather. (6 votes [12.77%])

Percentage of vote: 12.77%

2. Battle of Passchendaele. (Channel Map) Late 1917. Complete objectives during the famous battle. (3 votes [6.38%])

Percentage of vote: 6.38%

3. Battle of the Somme. Late 1916. Fly "early war" aircraft during the famous battle. (13 votes [27.66%])

Percentage of vote: 27.66%

4. Bloody April. Early 1917. The period of Albatros superiority. (4 votes [8.51%])

Percentage of vote: 8.51%

5. Bombers Channel. (Channel map) Mid 1917. Complete various bomber objectives over the Channel. (15 votes [31.91%])

Percentage of vote: 31.91%

6. Gotha! Early 1917. The daring daylight raid of German Gothas over Nancy. (2 votes [4.26%])

Percentage of vote: 4.26%

7. Roye. Late 1918. Complete various objectives in the combined British/French sector. (2 votes [4.26%])

8. Third Battle of the Aisne. Early 1918. Fight over the "Chemin des Dames" in the French sector. (2 votes [4.26%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 30 August 2016 - 17:39

Salute!

For over six years we, the Syndicate, have hosted our own Rise of Flight server. Each Sunday we used to have a full server (50-60 people) when we were running our "Vintage Missions". For those that have missed this, see here: https://sites.google...intage-missions

The last two/three years saw a decline in attendance, because we as a group focused on other games (BoS) and also because of some "real life" changes. Since the server is now practically empty all the time and we don't want spend more money/effort on it we decided to close it down.

But not before we host one more Vintage Mission this Sunday, 4th of September! (start around 8pm UTC) Will you help us select the last mission on our server?

If someone would like to use the missions for their server or for private use, I have uploaded all missions I could find. I can't promise they will all work out of the box (some are old).

All Vintage missions (MP) can be downloaded here

All PvE missions (MP) can be downloaded here

All Duel missions (SP) can be downloaded here

Remember, if you want to edit a mission and the .mission is missing, then simple type the complete name of the .msbin file in the mission editor "mission load dialog box"  and it will load just fine.

#2 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy
  • LocationWishing I was in the La Cloche

Posted 30 August 2016 - 19:15

My memory at the peak of Vintage Mission activity was 75 players most Sundays, but will stand corrected. 

Then there was the time we tried testing with over a 100 players, that was fun for a few minutes at least before the rubberbands broke out...   :icon_lol:

#3 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 30 August 2016 - 19:50

Sorry to see this close down, but certainly understand the reasoning.  Voted for the Somme mission, given the centennial element in play at the moment (plus I like flying the early planes), but all of them sound like fun.  I never really got into the MP scene, but I'll try to join in on Sunday if I'm home during that time slot just to provide some easy kills for any of the vets who show up to bid a final farewell :)

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#4 SYN_Skydance

SYN_Skydance

Posted 30 August 2016 - 20:50

Help spread the word.......

Let's go out with a bang !!!!

#5 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 30 August 2016 - 21:30

Vintage missions was a weekly ritual that cemented the community, bringing squadrons that were otherwise not flying, and making squadrons come at strength rather than in twos and threes. It was one place to meet everybody. And that was when MP was well in decline.

My personal favourite is Knights of the Sea, but I voted Somme, too - we are in the century of birth of the Jastas and Boelckes death, after all.

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#6 Genius

Genius

Posted 30 August 2016 - 21:41

No prefered mission because i love it all  :P

Sad to hear the end of that server but that is understandable  :(

Anyway, very thanks for syndicate sqadron and mission creator for all the great times, i fly on it. Very appreciate the cooperative flight.

Salute  :icon_e_salute:

#7 etzel

etzel

Posted 30 August 2016 - 22:06

Hey guys,

I don't vote for any mission as I probably won't make it on Sunday evening and if yes I will be happy with every mission that's running!

Thanks a lot for the fun and pleasure you provided to the community for the last years....

Salute!!

:icon_e_salute:

#8 Flashy

Flashy
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 31 August 2016 - 09:20

I didn't even realise Vintage missions were still running all this time! I went away from RoF for a while, and when I came back I didnt see the Vintage mission announcements on the forum anymore, so I assumed they werent being run anymore. Will be very sad to see them go - they were always my favourite MP missions because they had realistic planes,objectives and flight times. 

Just because I can give multiple orgasms to the furniture just by sitting on it, doesn't mean that I'm not sick of this damn war: the blood, the noise, the endless poetry...

#9 =CAM=mb339pan

=CAM=mb339pan
  • LocationItaly

Posted 31 August 2016 - 10:32

very sad to read this, although it is understandable your decision, the Vintage missions were a great place to meet and fun for the squadrons and pilots

i vote for Battle of the Somme

#10 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy

Posted 31 August 2016 - 11:06

While 'Knights of the Sea' is a fabulous mission and a triumph of RoF mission making (S! Waxworks for your skills and efforts), it may come to pass that not enough players will show up (or hear about the last Hurrah) to make it viable since it literally utilizes the whole channel map.

Just something to consider, vote as you like of course, and see you there regardless.

#11 actionjoe

actionjoe
  • LocationNord, France.

Posted 31 August 2016 - 16:50

I knew it will happen someday... Thank you Vander, Syndicate and all squadrons and pilot, it was great fun! S!

Not the best sunday for me, but I hope I could be there!

515024ActionjoeScreen.jpg

#12 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 31 August 2016 - 17:12

Hi Vander,

It's sad to see this chapter of RoF history come to a close, but I too can well understand the reasons.

I don't have a preference for the last mission (they're all very good), but hopefully, I'll be able to join the folks flying it for awhile.

Best Regards,

4 :icon_e_salute:

#13 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy

Posted 31 August 2016 - 19:11

One more thought, while a 1916 mission fits with the 100 year aniversary, it of course has the early plane set which many of the new pilots to RoF may not have.

Should we be concerned, or simply go with our gut instincts?

#14 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 31 August 2016 - 20:20

One more thought, while a 1916 mission fits with the 100 year aniversary, it of course has the early plane set which many of the new pilots to RoF may not have.

Should we be concerned, or simply go with our gut instincts?

Brandy My first purchase was the E III and DH 2, even though some consider them to be the worst planes of ROF, they are the "steak and potatoes" of WW1.

After all did not the quest for air superiority start with Fokker's wonderful E III, then the race was on.

And frankly I couldn't think of a better way to end a classic like SYNDICATE than with the beginning. :icon_e_salute:

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#15 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem
  • LocationR E S I G N E D 13/6/2018 veryuseful.info/rof

Posted 31 August 2016 - 21:12

Since the server is now practically empty all the time and we don't want spend more money/effort on it we decided to close it down.

Whilst it doesn't interest me personally, I wonder do you have a policy regarding the preservation and possible future re-use of your maps, by others if not yourselves?

#16 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 31 August 2016 - 21:22

Whilst it doesn't interest me personally, I wonder do you have a policy regarding the preservation and possible future re-use of your maps, by others if not yourselves?

I was going to ask the same question :)

Forum moderator.

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#17 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 31 August 2016 - 21:57

Well maybe another server might be interested in our missions?

The quote is from Vander himself in the Syndicate server thread, should answer that question somewhat. ;)

#18 J5_Gamecock

J5_Gamecock

Posted 01 September 2016 - 00:07

I can recall not being able to get in... waiting for someone to exit.   Will be missed.

Gamecock,The Kickin Chickin   http://www.jasta5.org

Untitled.jpg

#19 J5_Josef.Mai

J5_Josef.Mai
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 01 September 2016 - 09:41

Salute Vander!

This is sad news indeed! The Syndicate Server and The Vintage Mission were simply the best...Un-equalled, to the day.

Thank you for your work and the hours of fun you gave us!

Salute!

Josef Mai, Fwbl.

Jagdstaffel 5

#20 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 01 September 2016 - 16:12

Yes! I will post all missions we have created so far so they can still be used or maybe serve as inspiration for new ones.

#21 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 01 September 2016 - 17:41

Hi Vander,

As I mentioned earlier, it's truly sad to see Syndicate move on to other ventures, but I'm heartened to hear that you'll make the missions available to the community.

Lately, it seems that we (at New Wings) are getting into the role of Missions Collector, with our recent revival of the Aces Falling missions now being hosted on our Fast and Furious server.

As Trupobaw points out, the Sunday Vintage missions were a weekly focal point for the community, and it would be great to be able to continue that tradition. 

I would be honored to do that with Syndicate's Vintage missions by hosting them weekly on our Events server if there is interest in having us do so.  As with the AF missions, a simple .zip or .rar of those could be quickly and easily adapted to run there and preserve those missions.

If that would be ok with you, I'd be pleased to discuss it further with you in PM after your Vintage Event wraps up.

Regards,

#22 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 01 September 2016 - 18:11

Hi Vander,

As I mentioned earlier, it's truly sad to see Syndicate move on to other ventures, but I'm heartened to hear that you'll make the missions available to the community.

Lately, it seems that we (at New Wings) are getting into the role of Missions Collector, with our recent revival of the Aces Falling missions now being hosted on our Fast and Furious server.

As Trupobaw points out, the Sunday Vintage missions were a weekly focal point for the community, and it would be great to be able to continue that tradition. 

I would be honored to do that with Syndicate's Vintage missions by hosting them weekly on our Events server if there is interest in having us do so.  As with the AF missions, a simple .zip or .rar of those could be quickly and easily adapted to run there and preserve those missions.

If that would be ok with you, I'd be pleased to discuss it further with you in PM after your Vintage Event wraps up.

Regards,

That would be great Fourspeed! Vintage Missions was never just about the missions, but a means of getting people together at the same time to get a fully populated server.

#23 PapaFlo

PapaFlo
  • LocationInnsbruck

Posted 01 September 2016 - 19:23

I wasn't online often lately, but I hope I can join your server just one more time!

Reading your post made me thinking of the past...

... Hi All! - this was, what I wrote (nervously and a bit shy) in the chat when I joined Syndicate Server the first time and at least 20 of you guys took the time and returned my greetings. I thought to myself, what a wonderful crowd this is.

This happened sometime 2011 and for years I was having tons of fun.

Actually this was the first server ever I joined to fly online - man I can tell you, this was a steep learning curve! I thought I was a good (offline) pilot but going online made me feel like a schoolboy. I think Vorlander, Bauernopfer and Zetexy killed me at least a thousand times  :icon_e_smile: .

But joining this server on a late Sunday evening was the best thing I could do for learning to fly and have some virtual fun. 

Anyone still remember the always present "Don't run away Spad!" and "Where are the crumpets?" and seeing someone firing a flare "Here I am"?

It was such a great time and I had the honor to fly with some of the nicest and coolest guys in the virtual skies!

I just want to thank all of the Syndicate guys for making this possible and giving me so much fun.

But I also want to thank all the pilots that made flying on this server so cool - Vorlander, Bauernopfer, Fredgreen, Dr. Kloebner, HARALD, ...and all the other guys I met but forget to mention (sorry for this).

THANK YOU ALL and S!

Flo

intel i7 7700k@4,5Ghz watercooled with be-Quiet Silent Loop 240, GSkill Aegis 16 GB DDR4 Ram@2800Mhz, GigaByte GA-Z270-Gaming K3, Gainward GTX 1080 phoenix glh, TM Warthog throttle and stick (with 7,5cm extension by Sahaj), MFG Crosswind pedals, Saitek yoke, Saitek throttle quadrant x 2, Saitek trimm wheel, Gametrix KW 908 Jetseat, TrackIR 5

#24 LordNeuro_Srb

LordNeuro_Srb
  • LocationNovi Sad/Serbia

Posted 01 September 2016 - 20:24

Sorry to see but i totaly understod. I was awey from rof for same time to , personal life , plus my stick is having problems with rof, or simply stoping to work.

But best time i head in rof was on Syndicate Server, in Vintage Missions, and other events u guys organized and hosted (BA and so on).

Thx for all ur efort, time many, and all to give us the best time.

Big S.

#25 GenMarkof007

GenMarkof007

Posted 02 September 2016 - 00:16

Salute Vander and the SYN Squadron!

This is sad news to me and to all the ROF community...

Who of us doesn't have great memory of flying the Vintage Missions on Sundays!

I want to take this moment to thank you for all the hard work and having your server up for the ROF community.

Wish you all a great time on BOS, but hope someday, you will do like most of us, and come back and fly this great WW1 simulator.

Salute!

JG1_GenMarkof ;)

#26 No.42_Cuban

No.42_Cuban

Posted 02 September 2016 - 04:44

Man, so many great hours of flying those historically accurate missions with everybody on! Let's keep the maps and the community alive!! Go Vander and Fourspeed! :)

#27 150GCT_Veltro

150GCT_Veltro

Posted 02 September 2016 - 09:55

As =CAM= pilot as can only say THANK YOU GUYS for the opportunity you have given us in these years.

S! Vander and SYN guys!

#28 =TBAS=REDMAN

=TBAS=REDMAN

Posted 02 September 2016 - 14:03

I got introduced to the SYN server through Cuban and had a great time every time. Looking forward to Sunday. SALUTE!
Salute! REDMAN

#29 J5_Spyboy

J5_Spyboy

Posted 03 September 2016 - 18:22

Sorry to see it go, but its a great reflection of the generosity prevalent in this community that you are going to make the missions available for others.
I learnt a lot from these Sundays and had a lot of fun.
Thanks for the effort you put in over all these years.

#30 N28_Uberplane

N28_Uberplane

Posted 03 September 2016 - 18:57

It's gonna be weird to think about the Vintage Mission in the past tense. I think it really is a testament to the concept of full-real missions that the Syndicate Server has outlasted almost every other server.

Let's give the VMs a proper send-off. :)

=IRFC=

#31 Hellbender

Hellbender
  • LocationMadrid, Spain (originally Brussels, Belgium)

Posted 03 September 2016 - 20:58

J5_Hellbender

#32 SYN_Skydance

SYN_Skydance

Posted 04 September 2016 - 09:47

It may be the end of "The Syndicate" RoF server but I'm pleased to see that the missions that have been written by our talented writers will give many more hours pleasure to the RoF community. A big "Thank You" FourSpeed for wanting, and be willing to host these.

Although it is an end to our server, SYN is still actively flying in the virtual skies over Stallingad and Moscow. We have members from other RoF squadrons that are flying the SYN tag with us, such as Requiem, Artun and Vorlander. Not wanting to drag anyone away from RoF, but we would be pleased to fly along side our WW1 vets again and would be more than willing to help any pilots that are new to WW2 fighters/bombers.

~S~ All

#33 Red_Bommel

Red_Bommel

Posted 04 September 2016 - 10:27

Don´t know you guys or your server, but kudos for forwarding your missions to another "hoster". 

#34 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 04 September 2016 - 12:27

It may be the end of "The Syndicate" RoF server but I'm pleased to see that the missions that have been written by our talented writers will give many more hours pleasure to the RoF community. A big "Thank You" FourSpeed for wanting, and be willing to host these.

I believe letting third party re-run your broadcasts is even called "Syndication" :D

Forum moderator.

#35 ZachariasX

ZachariasX

Posted 04 September 2016 - 15:53

#36 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 04 September 2016 - 16:05

As promised, I have uploaded all the missions, see the first post of this thread!

#37 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 04 September 2016 - 16:12

As promised, I have uploaded all the missions, see the first post of this thread!

#38 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem

Posted 04 September 2016 - 16:30

Remember, if you want to edit a mission and the .mission is missing, then simple type the complete name of the .msbin file in the mission editor "mission load dialog box"  and it will load just fine.

It may be advisable immediately to de-compile all maps without a .mission file, because later builds of the editor (if any) may not read earlier bin files.

#39 SYN_Vander

SYN_Vander
  • Tester

Posted 05 September 2016 - 10:57

Thanks everyone who turned up yesterday! We had a great time. At one point we had 50 ppl on the server! Unfortunately, our old server (PC) couldn't cope with a lot of pilots flying close together so we did also experienced the traditional "rubber-banding" and even crashes...

But it was great to fly in big formations again with real gunners and great opponents!   :icon_e_salute:

#40 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem

Posted 05 September 2016 - 11:23

At one point we had 50 ppl on the server!

I like to think my ad banner had something to do with that. Just don't ask how it's done.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users