Photo
- - - - -

REFUEL & RE ARM

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 palmina

palmina

Posted 29 November 2009 - 18:17

Id like to see a re fuel at base and re arm addition. surley this is possible?

i know you can have unlimited fuel and ammo in the options from the start but id woul dbe good realisum and for Multiplayer etc.

#2 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 29 November 2009 - 18:35

This would be nice but then again if you apply realistic wait times it might be utterly boring. I am not entirely sure how long it would take actually but probably 15-30 minutes to rearm and add some fuel. Of course for gameplay reasons the ammount of time it takes could be reduced by an adjustable devider to be chosen by the server but if you chose the time rather short you might aswell have instant rearm/refuel.

I can imagine some sort of screen similar to a pitstop in a racing sim where you can chose how much fuel to add and If you want to rearm etc. You could also add the option to have a hard gun jam removed if they ever get implemented.

#3 stethnorun

stethnorun

Posted 29 November 2009 - 18:51

Was refueling and rearming really all that realistic anyway? You either succeeded in your mission or you didn't. The only reason I can think of for this feature is if, as you are landing from a mission, your aerodrome is attacked by an enemy squadron and you have to scramble all fighters. But even in that case, I would think it would be easier to scramble fresh fighters and pilots than to send up exhausted planes and pilots from a previous mission.

#4 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 29 November 2009 - 20:18

Well it would give people a reason to fly home. If they were able to get a new crate right after dying or crashlanding they might aswell not bother. However if they don't get a new crate right away it might be useful to have the old one taken care of in a reasonable way. If there were some sort of spawn waves and people losing their crates would be low on the waiting list for the next wave they might actually care about their plane, especially if they have to fly an N17 if they don't :lol:

#5 gavagai

gavagai

Posted 30 November 2009 - 12:16

Was refueling and rearming really all that realistic anyway? You either succeeded in your mission or you didn't. The only reason I can think of for this feature is if, as you are landing from a mission, your aerodrome is attacked by an enemy squadron and you have to scramble all fighters. But even in that case, I would think it would be easier to scramble fresh fighters and pilots than to send up exhausted planes and pilots from a previous mission.

I've read several accounts of pilots flying multiple sorties a day, mostly by choice. If the career mode is improved to have random friendly and enemy patrols along the front, then rearms would be a lot of fun, and shouldn't be dismissed so quickly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users