Photo
- - - - -

Tutorials for Mission Maker?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Vigilante

Vigilante

Posted 04 August 2016 - 22:16

Wow I am stumped.  I want to be able, in the mission maker, to create simple "Fly Now" scenarios starting from the historical base of a given unit - say, Escadrille SOP 129 at Villers - just to takeoff, explore, and land.  But I cannot figure out how to get the correct map loaded and displayed in the builder.  I think that if I can get that far the rest of it will come.  Any recommendations, hints, whacks up the side of the head to get me started?

BTW I sure do like this game.

#2 Genius

Genius

Posted 04 August 2016 - 22:20

See tutorial in usefuls materials: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960

#3 Vigilante

Vigilante

Posted 04 August 2016 - 23:01

Thanks but, for the life of me, I haven't been able to find any tutorials there - I have the mission maker docs, but they are not helping.

#4 Pioniere719

Pioniere719

Posted 05 August 2016 - 00:22

Vigilante: In the editor, maps are selected in the "landscape info" section.

Have a look at this series by Vanderstok - https://www.youtube....24688FAC76E4385

I hope that helps ...

In exile.

#5 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem
  • LocationR E S I G N E D 13/6/2018 veryuseful.info/rof

Posted 05 August 2016 - 01:33

Wow I am stumped.  I want to be able, in the mission maker, to create simple "Fly Now" scenarios starting from the historical base of a given unit - say, Escadrille SOP 129 at Villers - just to takeoff, explore, and land.  But I cannot figure out how to get the correct map loaded and displayed in the builder.  I think that if I can get that far the rest of it will come.  Any recommendations, hints, whacks up the side of the head to get me started?

The mission editor manual is an incomplete and unsatisfactory document.

You need to watch the tutorial videos on YouTube. Just search on 'rise of flight mission editor'

Finding a given location in the mission editor is not easy because no place names are shown. However if the map has been populated with the supplied buildings template, it is possible to search for placenames in the left column. Fortunately your required airfield is included as standard.

I attach a map with Villers airfield already activated. Unzip the contents into data/multiplayer/dogfight folder, then you can run the map by starting a server within the game and adding the map to the map list.

Attached Files

#6 Vigilante

Vigilante

Posted 05 August 2016 - 02:13

Thanks a million, y'all are great! 

#7 Pioniere719

Pioniere719

Posted 05 August 2016 - 02:28

Naturally! :icon_lol:

In exile.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users