Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Team Fusion Look Ahead for Patch 5.0

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#41 arthursmedley

arthursmedley

Posted 18 August 2016 - 20:09

allrighty, bought it on steam and downloading it while we speak.

only hope updates work on steam aswell....

Don't worry.  CLoD is a Steam only game.  Have a very good read of ATAG_Lewis's excellent beginners guide.  

#42 Pioniere719

Pioniere719

Posted 18 August 2016 - 20:57

Thanks Trupo! Great post! Pros, cons, ups, downs, and a table to boot! :icon_e_biggrin: Me likey!

All this talk lately about CloD, and BoS/BoM is giving me the itch, but I'm scared, man! I'm afraid if I go back to WWII sims, that I'll not give RoF the continued time and effort it's getting (and that it and I need). Like I might have mentioned, I'm still learning to fly, but if I had a handle on all that stuff already, then it wouldn't be a problem jumping back and forth depending on the desire of the day. You know wudda mean?

It's Battle for Britain!

Jesus! That just reminded me of the first sim I ever played: "Their Finest Hour - The Battle of Britain" Anyone remember that? It even had a great manual too!

a ) that´s a question you better not ask  :icon_lol:  "The answer" splits the community.

b ) can´t answer that since I like both for different reasons.

b ) Well, if there's anything different than what Trupo posted, and you feel like adding it, post it for curiosity sake.

a ) Split the community? Whuh? This community is so tight, you can't squeeze a dime between it. Everyone loves each other. Nobody fights. Nobody trolls. No arguments. It's perfect. heeheee!  :P  

In exile.

#43 J2_Marx

J2_Marx
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 19 August 2016 - 06:40

Got it installed but doesn't run :(

has something to do with microsoft vcs bla bla something. will update it with the teamfusion links but after this weekend. going away for a few days.....its bbq-drinking-flying time!

not nescaserely in that order :)

#44 J2_Mr_Tree

J2_Mr_Tree

Posted 19 August 2016 - 07:41

Got it installed but doesn't run :(

has something to do with microsoft vcs bla bla something. will update it with the teamfusion links but after this weekend. going away for a few days.....its bbq-drinking-flying time!

not nescaserely in that order :)

We live rather near each other so I expect the orde will be drinking eating a lot moe drinking then have the idea to fly but it will never be as gracious as you normally fly (yet it feels like brilliant flying) and then ask for drinks while flying

#45 J2_Marx

J2_Marx
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:09

:icon_lol:

#46 Pirato

Pirato
  • LocationUnder a Bridge

Posted 19 August 2016 - 19:58

It's very much matter of where you get your kicks from; strong points of CloD are completely different than BoS/BoM. I don't know the history as well as Chief (wasn't there), but by the look on Il2 1946 and CloD and hearsay, CloD was developed from old IL2 and tried to improve and replace weakest parts of that sim... graphics and cockpits and damage models... while keeping the strongest point from old game, flight physics, mostly unchanged. The results is sim that has graphics and interactive 3d cockpits looking five years ahead of RoF/BoS, bolted around physics models that's five years behind RoF. Of course, this simplicity comes with benefits, like ability to handle more people in MP. 

So, it's question of what you enjoy the most. If you love to manually start your engine by clicking mouse on each switch, down to opening the fuel cocks, and you don't care that the plane feels artificial (CloD feels more like being pushed by distinct, separate forces driving you forwards/sideways, while RoF/BoS feels more like riding the overall net force, CloD behaviour at egdes of flight envelope is best described as random shaking etc) - then CloD is ideal for you. If you are stick and rudder person less than thrilled about having to repeatedly click manual fuel pump handle, you will have your fun with CloD but likely you won't stay. Most people land in the middle :).

Oh, and landings in CloD are so much less frustrating than in BoS :)

|                                                                      |  BoS  | CloD | DCS |

-----------------------------------------------------------|----------|--------|--------|
|Clickable cockpit, detailed plane systems :|  NO    | Yes   | Yes |

---------------------------------------------------------|----------|--------|-------|
|Good physics and flight dynamics              |  Yes   |  NO  |  Yes |

-----------------------------------------------------------| ---------|--------|------- |

|Good looking scenery, weather etc:           |  Yes   | Yes  |  NO  |

|__________________________________|_____|_____|_____|         

It's Battle for Britain! It has much more interesting scenery to fly over than endless fields in Russia. It has Hurricanes :wub: . With Team Fusion patches, it has good single player content that's fun while it lasts. I can't fly Digital Nature sims without force feedback and my FFB2 is broken, so I have to fall back to sims with no/bad FFB support like CloD, because they don't feel bad with spring stick! OK, the last one won't happen to me again, thanks Pirato, I see you reading this thread ;).

And, the price is a factor. There is no excuse not to buy both CloD and BoS. Don't expect CloD to stay a permanent part of your simming life (it may, but there is no guarantee), but at its current price you should buy it to see what it has to offer. If it costed as much as BoS (50-60$), I would be advising you against buying it. But at 10$? 

That's pretty much sums it up. But I have to add to the "Click on switches in the cockpit with the mouse" part. I really miss in BoS that I can not start up the engine manually,like in Clod. I love to use toggle switches to turn on the magnetos ( I know that's not necessary though,but still ^^),using another one as fuel cock handle and finaly start up the engine with a pushbutton, adjusting the gunsight with rotary encoders etc. Guess when I only had keyboard and Stick/rudder and had to use keyboard commands and/or mouse input I'd prefer BoS. Some may disagree with the "micro management" part of Clod. But that is what I really like about it. DCS has too much micro management on that part for me.

Trupo I'm glad you make good use of the MSFFB2, better than just collecting dust on my shelf. I'm still debating if I should give away some more of my unused equipment. I moved from a desk to a "Cockpit" some time ago and not everything fits in :icon_e_sad:

Dann gibt's Heulen und Zähne klammern, für das ganze Lumpenpack.
Dann ist Schluss mit "Tischlein deck' dich", da gibt's "Knüppel aus dem Sack"!

#47 ST_ami7b5

ST_ami7b5

Posted 20 August 2016 - 08:30

Any (good condition/no spiking) throttle you don't need anymore, Pirato?
I would gladly buy it from you...

My G940 throttle is broken, my Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant is spiking heavily and I can't buy a new one - they are out of stock...

Back to topic: looking forward to 5.0

#48 Pirato

Pirato
  • LocationUnder a Bridge

Posted 20 August 2016 - 09:01

Well,actually yes. I've sent a PM.

#49 Pioniere719

Pioniere719

Posted 20 August 2016 - 17:44

I watched these two ACG CloD videos over the last two days and must say that I can't help but be impressed. Be warned that the second "film" is one hour and twenty two minutes, but well worth the watch, IMO. Once the engagements began, I had goose bumps on my arms and ants running up and down my neck throughout. The overall coordination from beginning to end, and top to bottom was pretty remarkable.

https://www.youtube....h?v=v6u4JxgE2S4

https://www.youtube....h?v=qhe-G4rDLFE

:icon_mad:

In exile.

#50 GrahamshereGT

GrahamshereGT
  • LocationDeroche,Britsh Columbia,Canada

Posted 21 August 2016 - 16:59

I'd hate to meet those squads in COD, very coordinated .

#51 J2_Marx

J2_Marx
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 22 August 2016 - 08:57

Got it all working now. i had trouble to get the planes in the air in bos....in clod it is impossible. keys assignement very difficult.

not sure if i like it or not...

#52 Pirato

Pirato
  • LocationUnder a Bridge

Posted 22 August 2016 - 09:02

Key assignment is really a weak part. It looks overwhelming when you first see the control options. There are many functions that have no use,but once you know what is needed. Best go here for a list of the most important keys to set on Joystick/Keyboard. http://theairtactica...?t=5058&p=52711

#53 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 22 August 2016 - 12:12

All SIM game control options do my nut :huh:. 1st thing I usually do is delete all and map only what I use.

For CLoD Marxy I recommend mouse clicks in the cockpit. It's probably the most 'natural' way to do it.

Have you seen "ApeoftheYear's" instruction videos on youtube ? They're really good.

Damn I fancy a go now !

:icon_e_salute:

#54 J2_Marx

J2_Marx
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 22 August 2016 - 15:09

Pirato and Zoop...

Thanx for the answer. Will have it a go again this evening:)

#55 Pioniere719

Pioniere719

Posted 22 August 2016 - 15:25

Hey Marc,

Fly mentioned Apeoftheyear's videos. Here is the config video. It's pretty straight forward stuff: https://www.youtube....i2ohQyhHqBPluh1 He even says it can be daunting at first and that you don't actually need it all.

Fly said "1st thing I usually do is delete all and map only what I use." This is sound advice. You usually can't go wrong with something like that, because there's always the default settings that you can return to. And don't forget to back up your configs.

Also check out my earlier link for Chuck's guide in post #38. Between those, you should be all set. Apeoftheyear's and Karaya's channels are linked in there as well. Chuck also posts what settings are essential or not and what is clickable for each plane.

p.s. How do we link a video so that it shows up like in Fly's post, rather than just a link?

In exile.

#56 Pirato

Pirato
  • LocationUnder a Bridge

Posted 22 August 2016 - 16:42

Also have a look here on how to set up ingame Windows for chat or additional information etc. http://theairtactica...read.php?t=3273

#57 Pioniere719

Pioniere719

Posted 23 August 2016 - 15:29

Anyone else notice that the ATAG site (theairtacticalassaultgroup.com) is expired and now parked by GoDaddy? :huh:  

In exile.

#58 GrahamshereGT

GrahamshereGT

Posted 23 August 2016 - 16:36

Anyone else notice that the ATAG site (theairtacticalassaultgroup.com) is expired and now parked by GoDaddy? :huh:  

No. seems ok for me.

#59 Red_Bommel

Red_Bommel

Posted 23 August 2016 - 16:38

Working for me too.

PS: CloD got an update today which makes it compatible with Win8/10 without having to install the Team Fusion Mod. This Update seems to require us users to apply the Team Fusion Mod again.

#60 Pioniere719

Pioniere719

Posted 23 August 2016 - 17:39

thanks guys. Marx confirmed this as well.

It was weird, because I tried with different saved favorites earlier that I knew worked. Now things are normal on my end too. Probably a burp.

In exile.

#61 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud
  • LocationWaleska, Georgia, USA

Posted 23 August 2016 - 20:50

Gentlemen, with regards to todays STEAM patch for CloD, DO NOT APPLY IT! If you can go to the ATAG froums and read the threads there (three of them so far) purtenant to this. Here is the chief one I think ---> http://theairtactica...ead.php?t=23154

IF you already have there are several suggestions on how you MAY be able to correct it. IF you have not there are also several ways to opt out of it.

If for some reason you can not access these forums, then let me know and I will attempt to transfer what I believe is pertinent here. This update, I think is to do with Windows 10 users but it seems to be affecting all in different ways. Mostly, bad.

Chief

G5fCmYF.png

NEW WINGS VIRTUAL FLIGHT TRAINING

"Hardcore Through Passion"

#62 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud

Posted 23 August 2016 - 21:21

To "OPT OUT" of the Steam BETA patch go to your library and right click on the CloD install ...

CloD%20Property2.jpg

...and go to PROPERTY.

Click on PROPERTY and look for the BETA tab ...

Property%20Box2.jpg

... click on it.

Make sure the BETA drop down says the following ....

Beta%20Opt%20Out%20CloD2.jpg

NONE - opt out of any beta programs.

If you have not applied the patch this may help. But if not, I suggest reading the posts on the ATAG forums as they may help you recover.

Chief

G5fCmYF.png

#63 Pioniere719

Pioniere719

Posted 23 August 2016 - 23:30

And Chief, don't forget that if you want a bit more control over your Steam games, then go into the "Update" tab (for each game) and for "Automatic Updates", select "Only update this game when I launch it". What this does is alert you that a game needs updating, but doesn't begin until you allow it to. If you're suspicious or curious, then you can at least do some reading to find out what the update is before proceeding. With this setting, you're always aware of an update rather than it happening in the background without you realizing it.

In exile.

#64 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 25 August 2016 - 10:49

I have my "Automatic Updates" for RoF set to...  "If Detected Declare National Holiday"

#65 Pioniere719

Pioniere719

Posted 25 August 2016 - 14:44

Fly, I sat here for a minute wondering why ... and then ... Attached File  Idea light.jpg   18.88KB   0 downloads

... heeeheeeee! :icon_e_biggrin:

In exile.

#66 J2_Marx

J2_Marx
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 25 August 2016 - 17:10

I have my "Automatic Updates" for RoF set to...  "If Detected Declare National Holiday"

:icon_e_biggrin:

good one!

#67 arthursmedley

arthursmedley

Posted 25 August 2016 - 20:25

Lol lots! :icon_e_salute:

#68 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud

Posted 26 August 2016 - 00:42

Chief

G5fCmYF.png

#69 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF

Posted 26 August 2016 - 01:21

Nice :)

sig.png

The Cuban Syndicate Connection - http://vintage-missions.net

#70 Red_Bommel

Red_Bommel

Posted 26 August 2016 - 01:26

Very nice!

#71 GrahamshereGT

GrahamshereGT

Posted 26 August 2016 - 03:36

wow. is that going to be the 5.0 update?

Wouldn't it be cool if they could build a ww1 sim with that engine.

Wish the hell I got involved in the modeling and rigging. damn .

So who wants to fly with me with the update.

#72 J2_Marx

J2_Marx
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 26 August 2016 - 08:32

i need help.......

no not with my life but with the game :icon_e_biggrin:

I can't get the controls configured the way i want, can't get the damn plane of the ground and so on, and so on....

Don't understand, no trouble with ROF or BOS but somehow in CLOD i feel like a complete noob :icon_e_deadman:

#73 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 26 August 2016 - 08:45

Funny, they feel much easier than BoS planes to me... check chucks guides for particular planes

http://theairtactica...ead.php?t=16592

What controls have you problem with? Some of them can't be configured the way we have them in RoF/BoS. 

Forum moderator.

Adjutant, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

bav.jpg

#74 Zooropa_Fly

Zooropa_Fly

Posted 26 August 2016 - 12:56

Wow, you have to tip your hat to Team Fusion. Another amazinig looking update.  :icon_e_salute:

Marxy, after a few months out I could hardly get a CLoD plane off the ground either !

I think it was usually the fuel cock or magneto's I had bother forgetting.

And if you got as far as getting the engine running, you'll presumably have noticed how easy they break !

They clunk out with no warning and that's your flight effectively over. So watch them revs ;) .

You're a clever sort Marxy - you'll figure it out :lol:

ZF.

#75 J2_Marx

J2_Marx
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 26 August 2016 - 14:02

Wow, you have to tip your hat to Team Fusion. Another amazinig looking update.  :icon_e_salute:

Marxy, after a few months out I could hardly get a CLoD plane off the ground either !

I think it was usually the fuel cock or magneto's I had bother forgetting.

And if you got as far as getting the engine running, you'll presumably have noticed how easy they break !

They clunk out with no warning and that's your flight effectively over. So watch them revs ;) .

You're a clever sort Marxy - you'll figure it out :lol:

ZF.

You should have seen the faces of the mecanics when i hauled my Spit back to the hangar......WHAT??? AGAIN??? :icon_lol:

It has something to do with mixture controls, doesnt react on my mouse click (the rest does) and when i assign them to a key they refuse to work...

#76 Pirato

Pirato
  • LocationUnder a Bridge

Posted 26 August 2016 - 17:51

Mixture doesn't work properly (yet?). Best you just leave mixture at full rich,where it is at by default. Only reduce it to lean when you want to conserve fuel. What's your trouble,starting up the engine or taking off from the runway?

#77 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 26 August 2016 - 23:02

Wow! Great job, guys!

Hauptmann 
Jagdstaffel 2 "Boelcke"

xfnaaHq.jpg

#78 JG1_Vonrd_J10

JG1_Vonrd_J10
  • LocationOakland CA

Posted 27 August 2016 - 00:17

can't get the damn plane of the ground and so on, and so on....

If it's a 109 make sure the prop rpm is at full or at least 11:30 on the rpm "clock". If you have auto pitch on, turn it off for takeoff and manually set to 12:00 or 11:30 on the clock. After you're up you can bring the rpm back and set prop pitch auto back on (I think the default is 3 - not numpad 3).

#79 J2_Marx

J2_Marx
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 27 August 2016 - 10:13

Thanx guys, will try again later

#80 GrahamshereGT

GrahamshereGT

Posted 27 August 2016 - 22:22

I'm having a bitch of a time trying to set up my msffb stick and pedals, seems the pedals don't want to work properly . any one have the same stick. I'm using ch pro pedals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users