Photo
- - - - -

Bombers

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Doogerie

Doogerie

Posted 28 November 2009 - 14:59

Anyone know if any of the old long range bombers are going to be released? As i think that could add anew dimention to the game. ok yeah and guys i will be up flying agane with you on the 8th

#2 Finkeren

Finkeren

Posted 28 November 2009 - 15:47

Anyone know if any of the old long range bombers are going to be released? As i think that could add anew dimention to the game. ok yeah and guys i will be up flying agane with you on the 8th

There are files hidden in the game for Gotha IV and Handley Page, so it seems that they could be introduced in a relatively short time, though most likely not as flyables.

#3 Seiseki

Seiseki

Posted 28 November 2009 - 15:54

There are files hidden in the game for Gotha IV and Handley Page, so it seems that they could be introduced in a relatively short time, though most likely not as flyables.

Just let my fly along side them, or bring them down in flames and I'm happy..
Although actually flying one would be epic..

#4 Miggins

Miggins

Posted 28 November 2009 - 15:56

I quite like the idea of sitting in an observers position on a bomber/recon plane, though whether it would be as much fun as I'm imagining is hard to tell until the option appears.

One point of note though. If a two seater were released, would a prospective gunner need to buy the plane (as well as the pilot) to be able to sit aboard the plane?

#5 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 28 November 2009 - 16:10

That is a good question actually, another question I'd like to ask is if the gunner position will be playable online in coop and dogfight mode since for example in il2 dogfight, it is not.

Allowing people to man the gunner position without owning the plane would be a nice touch and might give further incentive to buy them so they can switch places.

Speaking of giving incentive to buy stuff there should definetly be a way to "testdrive" aircraft before buying them…

#6 KDSM

KDSM

Posted 28 November 2009 - 17:27

Channel map with zepplins and flyable bombers would be a good candidate for an add-on, methinks :idea:

#7 JoeCrow

JoeCrow

Posted 28 November 2009 - 18:49

Stoppit you people….my mouths watering!

#8 Viper69

Viper69

Posted 28 November 2009 - 18:56

Speaking of giving incentive to buy stuff there should definetly be a way to "testdrive" aircraft before buying them…

Musta missed my thread on that.

#9 Seiseki

Seiseki

Posted 28 November 2009 - 19:10

I quite like the idea of sitting in an observers position on a bomber/recon plane, though whether it would be as much fun as I'm imagining is hard to tell until the option appears.

Depends if you can signal the pilot in some way, like patting him on the back and pointing towards incoming planes..

#10 Bleddyn

Bleddyn

Posted 29 November 2009 - 11:42

Allowing people to man the gunner position without owning the plane would be a nice touch and might give further incentive to buy them so they can switch places.

Allowing people to go as a gunner in planes they have not purchased, that idea I kinda like… switching places.. no no no, I don't want that. You go up in one seat or the other and stay there, that's the way it should be IMO. ;)

#11 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 29 November 2009 - 12:23

No I ment switching places after a sortie ;)

I imagine it to be rather difficult not to mention dangerous to do that in the air :lol:

#12 Miggins

Miggins

Posted 29 November 2009 - 15:54

Can't see that working Imp, at least not in the situation where only the pilot needs to own the plane, why should the gunner get the chance to fly it as well.

If both had bought the plane then yeah, swapping might be "fun" provided my gunner didn't mind losing his kill streak as I plummet into the ground.

If we get two seaters there needs to be the option for putting either an AI gunner or a real player in the back seat, as otherwise I would have trouble persuading somebody to fly with me I think.

They could also add a little bit to the boards for kills made from the back seat too, then I might be able to appear on them :) (not that I am really bothered you understand, but the chance might be there at least).

#13 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 29 November 2009 - 18:24

I blame the language barrier :p Ok let's try to use examples: "dude1" owns the Brisfit and his friend "dude2" does not. But because once it comes out in 2012 (:P) they can fly together as pilot (dude1) and gunner (dude2) they spend some hours flying around like that. Eventually "dude2" gets annoyed by the inability of dude1/bored of sitting around/whatever so he decides to buy it afterall so they can switch. This is what I ment with incentive, you can basically "try" it, but only the supposely-boring part ;) And I would be happy to take you as my gunner if this ever gets implemented of course :) Also it might be neat to have a seperate gunner ranking so people won't lose their (pilot) streaks and there would even be motivation to fly as a gunner apart from the fun of it.

#14 Doogerie

Doogerie

Posted 30 November 2009 - 18:59

yeah I was just thinking because the bombers had like a crew it would give us extra co op element VOIP and stuff i think it would be really cool
BOMBS AWAY

#15 Brutal_Baron

Brutal_Baron

Posted 01 December 2009 - 18:16

On large bombers with multi mg positions, like the Gotha, It would be an interesting fun flight. However I think all that fly or use the MG on a plane like the Gotha should purchase that aircraft.

#16 NakedSquirrel

NakedSquirrel
  • Tester

Posted 02 December 2009 - 17:06

Perhaps you'll have to purchase the pilots seat and each of the gunner's seats to fly them :lol:

#17 Flowbee_602

Flowbee_602

Posted 02 December 2009 - 17:38

Perhaps you'll have to purchase the pilots seat and each of the gunner's seats to fly them :lol:

:lol:

Whatever it takes to keep the development effort going. ;)

#18 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 02 December 2009 - 19:33

sshhh better not give them any ideas :lol:

#19 Slobbmaster

Slobbmaster

Posted 03 December 2009 - 10:46

Some of you might like to see these. Recent videos of the last flights of a Vickers Vimy as it's now being stationed at Brooklands.

This is great in HD, click the button.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEqcxuh3iHw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUS1zXeiAZ4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHPe79Bhvb4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users