Airco DH.2 Fun

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:04

S! all,  :icon_e_salute:

Lately, myself, my younger brother ("Furious Flea"), and my younger cousin ("Ballistic Brick") have been flying Airco DH.2s on NFF. I posted some screenshots of our escapades here:

http://riseofflight....s-here/page-139

Anyway, I made a short video about one of our flights that I thought some of you might like to see. Unlike what I usually do, this one is of the not-very-serious, lighthearted variety. I hope you enjoy seeing it as much as I enjoyed making it.  :icon_e_biggrin:

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

xAKPpvf.jpg

#2 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:30

Yea it was fun, and yet a little sad that the Central pilots didn't get in the spirit of things,(2-3 on one DH.2), but that happens all the time.

P.S. If you want I can setup a map with a level playing field,(special DH.2's against all Central planes) :D   

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#3 ShamrockOneFive

ShamrockOneFive

Posted 22 June 2016 - 03:58

Thanks for sharing this!

That looks like a ton of fun!

ShamrockOneFive

I'm writing a blog about PC flight sims called Stormbirds

#4 Demon_

Demon_

Posted 22 June 2016 - 04:49

OMG! Killed by a D.H.2 and posted in the forum! What a shame on you Dr.1 and D7F :icon_lol:

#5 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 22 June 2016 - 14:15

Thanks for sharing this!

That looks like a ton of fun!

Thanks! It was a blast! :)

OMG! Killed by a D.H.2 and posted in the forum! What a shame on you Dr.1 and D7F :icon_lol:

Yeah, if I had icons-off versions of the footage, I would have used those to avoid undue angst. That's why I included my note at the end of the film. We got lucky against those guys and I don't want to give the impression that they are bad pilots. If it makes them feel any better, I have been on the opposite end of the equation myself. I remember fighting B-24_LIBERATOR in his DH.2. Flying my favorite Alb D.III, I felt supremely confident...until he oiled my engine in the first pass! My wings were shot off shortly thereafter. :lol:

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

xAKPpvf.jpg

#6 Waggaz

Waggaz
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 22 June 2016 - 23:44

Great video guys! Keep it up! Now I want to see you taking on camels in eiiis :-D

Thanks for the nice little salute at the end there. You're right - the game is being kept alive by the community, and we are lucky to have you three as part of it

#7 =NFF=Crash

=NFF=Crash
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 23 June 2016 - 05:20

Enjoyed the heck out of that got my fanny handed to me by some kids LOL

=NFF=Crash

#8 ShamrockOneFive

ShamrockOneFive

Posted 25 June 2016 - 14:59

Back in the old IL-2 1946 days we used to call this type of thing "crap plane fun" where you go into a public server and pick the "worst" aircraft available and then see how much damage you can do. Even just picking outside of the usual top contenders and then doing what you can to survive and win is its own kind of fun.

I'm suspecting that the D.H.2 is that kind of fun :)

ShamrockOneFive

I'm writing a blog about PC flight sims called Stormbirds

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users