Photo
- - - - -

Can't log on :(

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 25 November 2009 - 16:08

Is it just me or is anyone else getting the same "Can't log on to master server" message too?
I can't even start my game.
:(

#2 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 25 November 2009 - 16:37

I still can't. I don't know…neoqb should seriously consider an offline alternative. I'm not complaining, but I could: after all, if you buy a toothbrush, you own it. You can use it whenever you want to. But do we own RoF? After paying all this money for the game and planes I stil don't feel I entirely own this game. It's more like I'm renting it.

Don't get me wrong, it was totally worth every penny, and I appreciate the wonderful work you've done, and I'm sure you'll be doing in the future. It's just something unpredictable that can happen quite often - even if it's not your fault. Or what if someone has an internet connection problem for a few days? There should really be a way to fly offline without internet connection. I see the pros of this online thing, and I don't know what the solution would be, but If you could figure it out, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

#3 ImPeRaToR

ImPeRaToR

Posted 25 November 2009 - 16:47

http://riseofflight....php?f=45&t=4821">viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4821

Not much to predict if it was announced in advance :P

#4 hq_Reflected

hq_Reflected

Posted 25 November 2009 - 17:23

OK, I apologize :oops:

Nevertheless, I still think an offline solution would be something to consider.

#5 =MR.FOX=

=MR.FOX=

Posted 25 November 2009 - 18:04

OK, I apologize :oops:

Nevertheless, I still think an offline solution would be something to consider.

I totally agree mate! and it does at times seem as we are only renting the game. since we can only play when they say ( meaning when they have their master server up) if it goes down, we are out in the cold. They should, and I hope they do. Implement offline game play. Or, and this I think would be cool. is if they release to the community a "dongle" in the shape of their ROF owners badge. the Dongle is a usb connection, that works as a key to open a program, and thus not allowing piracy( works better than having cd as verification) that way we have proof of purchase and feel ownership, and also a cool looking new hardware.

#6 =Fifi=

=Fifi=

Posted 25 November 2009 - 21:14

Agree too; but i've no more problems with master server since last update.
And a chance that i didn't start ROF when it last failed :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users