Cancelled: 'The Eagle of Lille' 2016 by Jasta 99

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 J99=Hardy

J99=Hardy
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 May 2016 - 10:11

Salute Gentlemen,

until end of registration phase, only two days before the event, we have got a total of 39 registrations. Two of them were only tentative. Too few pilots for a large map that is designed for more than 60 Pilots and even then the map is still huge for those slow aircraft like E.III or D.H.2.

Probably it's because of the ongoing European Football Championship ( Soccer for our U.S. Friends :) ) where we have matches at the same time or because of holiday time.

However, we decided to skip the event and we will discuss an alternate date.

I'm sorry to disappoint people who have subscribed and were looking forward to the event, but we believe that it wouldn't be fun flying around for four hours in a large territory desperately searching for some opponents to fight for. I hope you understand.

Best regards

Hardy

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One hundred years ago young men mounted Machine Guns on their fragile and underpowered aircraft, build of wooden frames and fabric to bring the war into the skys. They fought their battles men against men between the clouds and became the new heros of their nations. They were the knights of the air.

Jasta 99 is proud to present a single mission match in memoriam of the 100th anniversary of Max Immelmann’s death.

The Eagle of Lille
Match in memoriam of the 100th anniversary of Max Immelmann’s death

German Ace Max Immelmann born on 21st of September 1890, in Dresden was a brilliant fighter pilot and tactician.He understood the idea of potential and kinetic energy and the first one who used it in aerial combat. With that he recognized one fundamental principle of aerial combat which is still valid and crucial even for today's modern jet fighters.
He was killed in action during a long running fight with RFC No. 25 Squadron on June 18th 1916.

On June 18th 2016, exactly 100 years after he was shot down over France, Jasta 99 is hosting ‘The Eagle of Lille’ Match in memoriam of this event.
The match will occur as a four hours single mission starting at 1700 UTC.

We would like to invite all of you to participate in this event and spend an evening of flying and fighting together with Jasta 99 and the RoF community.

Registration is open until 16th of June at our new Events-Forum: http://eagle-of-lille.one
Register as a User at http://eagle-of-lille.one/rules
Subscribe for 'The Eagle of Lille' by summitting your In-Game Nickname, preferred side and aircraft preference at http://eagle-of-lill.../3-Subscription

Match Rules: http://jasta99.de/de...gleOfLille.pdf 

Match Rules (German): http://jasta99.de/de...lerVonLille.pdf

Jasta 99 is looking forward to see you in the skys, flying archaic aircraft to celebrate Max Immelmann, the Eagle of Lille.

img_3834.png

#2 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud
  • LocationWaleska, Georgia, USA

Posted 15 May 2016 - 12:57

Looking forward to this.

Chief

G5fCmYF.png

NEW WINGS VIRTUAL FLIGHT TRAINING

"Hardcore Through Passion"

#3 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 15 May 2016 - 17:38

Excellent  !!

sig9.png

#4 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 15 May 2016 - 20:56

Nice!  Last year's event was a lot of fun.  I'm looking forward to this one.

:icon_e_salute:

#5 JG1_Vonrd_J10

JG1_Vonrd_J10
  • LocationOakland CA

Posted 15 May 2016 - 21:24

Registered   :icon_e_salute:

#6 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationTrudolyubiye

Posted 16 May 2016 - 06:14

Hardy, what are the planesets? 

#7 J99=Hardy

J99=Hardy
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 May 2016 - 08:15

Hardy, what are the planesets? 

Like last year Fokker E.III, Halberstadt D.II and Roland C.II for German side and Airco D.H.2, Nieuport 11.C1 and RAF F.E.2b for Central side.

I'm going to change the Mission setup a bit and consider to have the complete planeset from the beginning but then in limited numbers for the Nieuport and Halberstadt.

I also consider to add the Strutter for Photo-Recon only as of a request from last year. I also thought about replacing the Nieuport with a Strutter-B, because from a historical Point of view the Brits would have had this plane in the Lille sector rather than the French Nieuport.

Additionally I think about changing the Mission setup a bit to add some "Fog of War" e.g. removing map icons, adding random targets, etc.

And finally I think about adding some moving soldiers using the Mods-Off mod.

And last but not least... This year I'll fly the D.H.2 together with my Squadmates which will be a disaster :o

img_3834.png

#8 GenMarkof007

GenMarkof007

Posted 16 May 2016 - 17:39

Great News!

Count me in, and special thanks to Jasta 99 and J99=Hardy for this event! ;)

See you in the sky!

GenMarkof ;)

#9 J2_Marx

J2_Marx
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 16 May 2016 - 17:51

Hmmm not sure.....

planeset is not my cup of tea :icon_e_sad:

#10 J99=Hardy

J99=Hardy
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 May 2016 - 19:16

Hmmm not sure.....

Sorry Marx, but flying Fokker D.VIIF and SPAD 13 in memoriam of Max Immelmann would be a bit strange :/

Come on, its 4hrs of fun :D

img_3834.png

#11 GenMarkof007

GenMarkof007

Posted 16 May 2016 - 19:27

Hmmm not sure.....

This is not a mission on Warground J2_Marx! ;)

I think that most of the ROF pilots want that a special event respect the timeline and the planeset that was flying at that time!

Like J99=Hardy says', it's only a 4 hours event to pay respect to a great central Ace of WW1.

Cheers,

GenMarkof :)

#12 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 16 May 2016 - 19:41

1916?  Should be just Fokker E3 versus Fe2b and BE2c with only a rifle or a brick.   jmho 

sig9.png

#13 J99=Hardy

J99=Hardy
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 May 2016 - 20:23

1916?  Should be just Fokker E3 versus Fe2b and BE2c with only a rifle or a brick.   jmho 

No problem Butzzell, I'll remove all ammunition from your plane. Just make sure you bring your own bricks :D

1 1/2 Strutter saw service first in May 1916, so it would be possible to see one or two of the first Strutters that reached the Western Front at June 18th...

img_3834.png

#14 J5_Gamecock

J5_Gamecock

Posted 17 May 2016 - 01:42

Looking forward to this again Hardy. Had fun last year,( right up until I ran into Butzzells Fe2b)   :icon_e_deadman:

Gamecock,The Kickin Chickin   http://www.jasta5.org

Untitled.jpg

#15 J99=Hardy

J99=Hardy
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 May 2016 - 10:21

Salute Gentlemen, 

I saw some registrations on our Jasta99 Events Forum who did not subscribe for the Eagle of Lille Event. Probably by mistake? 

We have setup the Jasta99 Events Forum to host future events by Jasta 99. So everybody who wants to join a Jasta 99 Event has to register once at the forum.

For every Event we will have a specific section with a separate subscription area. To attend that specific event one has to post there!

For the Eagle of Lille Event don't forget to post your Name, Squad (if any), preferred side and plane type here: http://eagle-of-lill...spx?g=posts&t=2

Thanks a lot and sorry for any inconvenience.

img_3834.png

#16 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 17 May 2016 - 18:15

Hi Hardy,

Quick Question.  If a pilot registered and flew in last year's event, do they need to re-register for this one?

Regards,

4 :icon_e_salute:

UPDATE:  Registered - Thanks for the Heads Up!

#17 J99=Hardy

J99=Hardy
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 May 2016 - 20:00

Hi Hardy,

Quick Question.  If a pilot registered and flew in last year's event, do they need to re-register for this one?

Regards,

4 :icon_e_salute:

Yes, because it's a new forum. Last year we've had a lot of complaints because of our German language forum software, so we setup a new one that supports Englisch.

For future Events we want to use this new forum as well - so you don't need to register again - this time is the last time (hopefully).

img_3834.png

#18 J99=Hardy

J99=Hardy
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 May 2016 - 13:58

Bump.

Don't forget to register/subscribe for the Event!

img_3834.png

#19 J2_Marx

J2_Marx
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 27 May 2016 - 18:29

signed up :icon_mad:

#20 J30-Reinamann

J30-Reinamann

Posted 27 May 2016 - 19:39

I tried to register but received an error message.

I was on this page when I tried to register : http://eagle-of-lille.one/register

The error message I keep getting is :

" password and confirm do not match"

I tried several times and am positive that each time the password and confirm lines both were exactly the same.

#21 J5_Gamecock

J5_Gamecock

Posted 27 May 2016 - 23:21

I was on this page when I tried to register : http://eagle-of-lille.one/register

I tried several times and am positive that each time the password and confirm lines both were exactly the same.

I had the same issue... in the end I continued and it seemed to work ok.

Gamecock,The Kickin Chickin   http://www.jasta5.org

Untitled.jpg

#22 J5_Spyboy

J5_Spyboy

Posted 28 May 2016 - 17:23

Signed up. :icon_e_salute:

#23 J99=Hardy

J99=Hardy
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 May 2016 - 21:52

Sorry to hear that you have trouble with registering for the forum. This is a newly setup and I can't guarantee that everything works as it should.
I have double checked the registration process without any problems, so I don't have a clue what went wrong.
Maybe it's a Web-Browser issue, so it could help if you tell me what browser ans version you were using.
Finally, if you PM me your E-Mail address I can do a registration for you.

img_3834.png

#24 J2_Marx

J2_Marx
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 29 May 2016 - 06:32

He's right. had the same problem but after a few times trying i got it to work

#25 J99=Hardy

J99=Hardy
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 May 2016 - 07:43

Very weird, I'll try to fix it. What browser were you using?

img_3834.png

#26 J2_Marx

J2_Marx
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 29 May 2016 - 10:28

chrome

the way i got it to work was:

when you have to put down a password then do the second one first....

#27 J99=Hardy

J99=Hardy
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 May 2016 - 13:01

Really weird. I have tested with Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome and Safari today. 6 times and every single on went straight and smooth. I have absolutely no idea. However, I have switched Server Logs to full debug. So I hope to see something in the log when the problem appears again.

img_3834.png

#28 J30-Reinamann

J30-Reinamann

Posted 29 May 2016 - 16:46

S! Hardy

I am using Internet Explorer version 11.0.20

I tried the method mentioned by Gamecock (thanks) and it worked.

I am now able to enter the J99 forum.

Hardy, where will I find more information about your event.

Such as:

game format / rules

Time of game, (eastern standard time, usa)

length of game (is it 1 hr or 4 hrs long)

plane set and load-outs / weapons mods

game server name for map, practice and testing

Thks

Reinamann

#29 J99=Hardy

J99=Hardy
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 May 2016 - 18:02

Hardy, where will I find more information about your event.

Good to hear that you was able to register.

I'm currently working on updating the Event description for this years format and I hope that I'll be able to post it until next Tuesday.

But some things I can already answer.

Date and time is June 18th, 1700 UTC (which is 2000 CEST or 2100 Moscow time or 1300 in New York)
The event will last 4 hours.
Plane set is still in discussion but for sure you will see Fokker E.III, Halberstadt D.II, Roland C.II, F.E.2b, D.H.2. We're thinking of putting Strutter and Strutter B on the map instead of last years Nieuport 11.
Weapon Mods are allowed. Fuel and Bomb loads are free.
Game Server will be Jasta 99 Server. And we will offer a practice map one week in advance.

For all the rest, please stay tuned, will come soon.

img_3834.png

#30 J30-Reinamann

J30-Reinamann

Posted 30 May 2016 - 03:56

rgr,

I will watch for an e-link to the information.

thks

#31 JG1_Vonrd_J10

JG1_Vonrd_J10
  • LocationOakland CA

Posted 30 May 2016 - 23:35

Strutter and Strutter B are pretty good dogfighters, Probably outclass the Halb DII and, for sure, the Einie. Not complaining... just sayin   :icon_e_salute:

#32 J99=Hardy

J99=Hardy
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 May 2016 - 07:15

Every allied plane that comes next, until we see the Albatros D.II in Sep/Oct 1916, outclasses the E.III and the Halberstadt D.II :)

img_3834.png

#33 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 31 May 2016 - 10:21

Strutter ourclasses Halberstadt and Albatros D.II.  Strutter B can turn with D.Vas. But Roland is a killer plane, too. 

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#34 J99=Hardy

J99=Hardy
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 May 2016 - 11:04

Now, last year we saw the Nieuport 11 which also outclasses the Halberstadt. Strutter on the other hand has very weak wings and I have the feeling, that I can fly straight through a Strutter with my Roland without getting any damage at all :D

At least, we will see very few of these planes - maybe 1-2 Strutters dedicated to Photo-Recons and 1-2 Strutter B.

And don't forget, the majority is Airco D.H.2 and F.E.2b vs. Fokker E.III and Roland C.II!

@Trupo: Wanna take a challenge? You in Strutter B vs. me in Albatros D.II lt. ;)

img_3834.png

#35 etzel

etzel

Posted 31 May 2016 - 14:03

Just want to say thank you for organizing this event again, last year was really cool fun and challenge with great people.

Unfortunatly this year June 18th is a very bad date for me, so I am not able to participate this time.

But I hope it will not be the last event and there will be other chances in future ;-)

Salute

:icon_e_salute:

#36 J2_Marx

J2_Marx
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 31 May 2016 - 14:57

@Trupo: Wanna take a challenge? You in Strutter B vs. me in Albatros D.II lt. ;)

Hardy, you sure about that? I have seen him fly that thing :icon_e_biggrin:

#37 J99=Hardy

J99=Hardy
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 May 2016 - 15:35

Hardy, you sure about that? I have seen him fly that thing :icon_e_biggrin:

I would give it a try. You know, I won't turn with him ;)

img_3834.png

#38 J99=Hardy

J99=Hardy
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 June 2016 - 10:48

Match Rules available under http://jasta99.de/de...agleOfLille.pdf

img_3834.png

#39 RAF28Jenkins

RAF28Jenkins

Posted 17 June 2016 - 05:27

Would like to throw my hat in if there is still time, as I've missed the registration cut off.  Still possible? 

Thanks!

-Jenks

#40 J99=Hardy

J99=Hardy
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 June 2016 - 14:32

The Event has been cancelled because of poor attendance.

img_3834.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users