Salute Rise of Flight community,
today we like to introduce our new concept for our servers. We noticed they were not used very much in the past, which was why we thought it is time for a change of our server concept. We can offer a high performance server provided by Hetzner proven reliable in stress situations like in the events Eagle of Lille and Flanders in Flames. As it is very hard to cater to all needs and playstyles we decided to put up two game servers for Rise of Flight:
Jagdstaffel 99 Server I
Our Jagdstaffel Server I serves the purpose of hosting semi-historical missions on maps like the Western Front Map, Channel Map and the Eastern Front Map. We are aiming to deliver an experience between those two excellent servers Syndicate and New Wings Wargrounds. We want to bring you onto the battlefields of the past from Verdun 1916 over Bloody April 1917 to the last German Offensive in 1918 known as the Kaiserschlacht. The missions should center around tactics, strategy and good teamplay The server uses the preset "expert" option type.
This server makes use of Vanders first-class Advancing Soldiers mod. You can activate the mod with the JSGME Mod Manager and still play in mods off mode as with Ankors Bump Mapping mod (highly recomended). You can download the mod and the JSGME Mod Manager here: rof-mods.
For a detailed GUIDE on HOW TO INSTALL THE MOD click here: GUIDE
This will allow you to see soldier columns marching on the roads and soldiers in the trenches and ground offensives. You don't have to deactivate the mod to fly on your regual servers. Just leave it activated so there is no trouble activating and deactivating mods:
If you try to fly without the mod you may get kicked out of the server, when mod units spawn in the mission. For now we have only two mission running here but there are more to come soon.
1. J99 - Battle of Arras - 1917 (static planeset) (Albatros D.III, Albatros D.II early + late, Halberstadt D.II, Roland, DFW) vs (Sopwith Pup, Sopwith Triplane. N17, Spad 7 early + late, R.E.8, Sopwith Strutter)
2. J99 - Kaiserschlacht - 1918 (static planeset) (Albatros D.Va, Pfalz D.IIIa, Fokker Dr.I, Halberstadt CL.II, DFW, Albatros D.III) vs (S.E.5a, Spad 13, N28, Sopwith Dolphin, R.E.8, Bristol F2b2, Sopwith Camel)
Mission duration is set to 240 min (4 hours). Currently some AI Twoseaters are patrolling the sky.
Server Statistics: Jasta 99 Server Statistic
Jagdstaffel 99 Server II
This server serves the purpose of hosting dogfight missions on maps like the Lake Map, the Verdun Map and the Fantasy Island Map by DiFiS. The server features diffrent Dogfight scenarios. The planesets are in range between early 1917 and late 1918. We have up to 12 AI fighters active to give you something to shoot at. There are also optional targets on which you can drop your payload like Convoys, Factories and Artillery Batteries. The server uses a custom set of options. Basically it is the Standart option type minus the Improved Gunnery option. We are aiming for an experience like the excellent Aces Falling Server by Sid had. Right now there are five diffrent missions running on this server.
1. J99 - tdm lake late 1916 (Albatros D.II, Halberstadt D.II, Fokker E.III Roland, DFW) vs (Sopwith Pup, D.H.2, N17rus, N11, FE2b, Sopwith Strutter)
2. J99 - tdm lake early 1917 (Albatros D.III, Albatros D.II late, Halberstadt D.II, Roland, DFW) vs (Sopwith Pup, Sopwith Triplane. N17, N11 Spad 7 early, Spad 7, R.E.8, Sopwith Strutter)
3. J99 - tdm lake late 1917 (Fokker Dr.I, Albatros D.Va, Halberstadt CL.II, Pfalz D.IIIa, Albatros D.III) vs (Sopwith Camel, Sopwith Dolphin, S.E.5a N17, Spad 13, Spad 7, Bristol F2bf2)
4. J99 - tdm lake early 1918 (Fokker Dr.I, Albatros D.Va, Halberstadt CL.II, Pfalz D.IIIa, Fokker D.VII) vs (Sopwith Camel, Sopwith Dolphin, S.E.5a N28, Spad 13, Spad 7, Bristol F2bf2)
5. J99 - tdm lake late 1918 (Fokker D.7f, Fokker D.8 Albatros D.Va, Halberstadt CL.II au, Pfalz D.IIIa, Pfalz D.12 Fokker D.7) vs (Sopwith Camel, Sopwith Dolphin, S.E.5a N28, Spad 13, Breguet 14, Bristol F2bf3)
Mission duration is set to 120 min (2 hours). We have currently 12 AI planes active in every mission. In dependence of the player number on our server they will be deactivated. E.g. When there are 8 Players on our server, there are only 6 AI planes active and when there are more than 9 player on our server, the AI should be deactivated completly. When players leave the server again the AI planes should spwan again. This is currently still WIP so if you find any bugs with that logic please leave us some feedback in this thread.
Server Statistics: Jasta 99 Server Statistic
We appreciate your feedback in this thread. Thanks for the pin Trupobaw. This post is about to change as our new concept evolves with time. So make sure to check back here. Right now both servers statistics get parsed to our website. We will change that in the near future to have one stats site for each server.
Salute to all still flying this awesome sim and good hunting