- - - - -

PWCG Unified Release 1.0 Available

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#81 Der.Mo

Der.Mo

Posted 24 June 2016 - 22:03

Small Report:

Jasta 2 Ace Alfred Lindenberger has wrong photo (Shows Paul Bäumer instead)

Assign New Photo to Lindenberger not working (Blank space with Text 'Press to set picture' appears, after leaving campaign and restart Lindenberger disappears from the roster, this happens with every other ace too when trying to change photo)

Advanced Flight config (Space to put in numbers is too small and not readable)

When transfering to Marine Flieger Korps
i automatically get a promotion to KptLtn. (Commandeur) even if I was a Unteroffizier right before my transfer

#82 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 25 June 2016 - 01:30

The Navy thinks highly of you :). Thanks for the report.  I'll look at it.  

Fixed the squeezed data entry by shortening descriptions.

Got the instant promotion when switching service

Replaced Alfred Lindenberger's pic (the player cannot change ace pics via PWCG)

#83 Ralli70

Ralli70
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 June 2016 - 12:55

Is it possible to add Pilot´s name and Squadron of Victims in the battle report?  Maybe a little bit unrealistic, but I like this option in standart career.

#84 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 25 June 2016 - 15:39

Is it possible to add Pilot´s name and Squadron of Victims in the battle report?  Maybe a little bit unrealistic, but I like this option in standart career.

AI pilots not from your squadron don't have names  so no.  But that does give me an idea.  Let me know what you think:  

Check if enemy crashed behind your lines.

Make up names on the spot.

Check if enemy is alive,

Report them as captured or killed.

If the enemy did not crash behind your lines this information would not be available.  But you would get a message stating that your victory was confirmed by infantry or a flight mate.

I could go one step further and insist that the victory be verified by a flight mate (i.e. one has to come home alive) or have crashed close enough to the front to be verified by infantry.  Otherwise the claims are denied.

Squadron might be doable too.

#85 Ralli70

Ralli70
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 June 2016 - 16:04

AI pilots not from your squadron don't have names  so no.  But that does give me an idea.  Let me know what you think:  

Check if enemy crashed behind your lines.

Make up names on the spot.

Check if enemy is alive,

Report them as captured or killed.

If the enemy did not crash behind your lines this information would not be available.  But you would get a message stating that your victory was confirmed by infantry or a flight mate.

I could go one step further and insist that the victory be verified by a flight mate (i.e. one has to come home alive) or have crashed close enough to the front to be verified by infantry.  Otherwise the claims are denied.

Squadron might be doable too.

That would be fantastic.....got von Richthofen in mind here as he often drove to the wreckage of his victims to get an souvenir.......also gained the intelligence of the Squadron (Markings on Plane) and name of the pilot or / and observer (Papers and footage of families)

#86 Der.Mo

Der.Mo

Posted 26 June 2016 - 00:27

Pat you just make me smile!

#87 Der.Mo

Der.Mo

Posted 26 June 2016 - 12:16

Is there nothing one can do about the 'circeling squadmates' issue? Thought it has been adressed but its definately still there. Very frustaing..

#88 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 26 June 2016 - 20:07

Is there nothing one can do about the 'circeling squadmates' issue? Thought it has been adressed but its definately still there. Very frustaing..

Post a mission where this happens.  For BoS I implemented a solution where every plane that spawns is independent.  They seem to be flying in formation but. in fact, they are all independently flying routes that happen to be separated by meters.  That seemed to work well for BoS.  RoF is older, so maybe something else is going on.  However, in the in game tests that I have run the AI does seem to attack,

#89 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 26 June 2016 - 20:12

The first full release of a unified PWCG is available..

PWCG Unified Release 1
Added generic green side panels (for those that do not like the original side panels).
Improved pilot/squadron info backgrounds on campaign display
Added delete campaign screen
Improved intel map to show all available maps
RoF: Gave most airfields on Galicia map actual names
Improved climb out pattern to be tighter
Improved intercept WPst o be the concentric circles that I had always intended
Improved ROF deploy process to bundle GUI Mod - GUI mod will now install automatically
Bug fixes:
Fixed: Config parameter descriptions were too long - squeezed data entry
Fixed: Mission briefing screen cuts off information
Fixed: transfer issue across maps
Fixed RoF: moving front
Fixed RoF: unknown" when a balloon claim is rejected
Fixed RoF: overlapping airfields on Galicia(Tarnopol) map
Fixed RoF: No enemies on the eastern front
Fixed: Removed some unused configs
Fixed: other typos

#90 Barkhorn1x

Barkhorn1x

Posted 26 June 2016 - 20:39

Sounds great Pat TY!!!

#91 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 27 June 2016 - 01:09

Pat - thanks!

I loaded it up and took it for a spin - the installation process seemed to work fine, as did the GUI Mod firing up PWCG from in game.  Tried out the delete campaign screen to clean up some of my old beta test campaigns, and that seemed to work OK,  However, when I tried to check out the button/item on the left panel labeled "PWCG Information" I encountered some odd screens - maps with button circles on the right side, but no labels or legends to explain what was going on:

RoF%20-%20PWCG%20unified%20ver1.0%20info

Also, no navigation buttons/labels to explain how to get back out of these map/info screens - "Esc" didn't work, but eventually clicking around somewhere near the red arrow on the left took me back out of the screen.

The only "odd"/new thing I had done before going to the info screen was to check the config setting to use the new generic green side panels.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 58.jpg

#92 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 27 June 2016 - 01:14

I think it must have something to do with the new "green" side panels - when I went back into PWCG again, this is what I saw:

RoF%20-%20PWCG%20unified%20ver1.0%20main

Not sure why the "green" side panels are showing up as white on my rig, but I'm wondering if the missing labels/legend might be because the font/lettering is white too?

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960

#93 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 27 June 2016 - 01:20

Yep - when I went into the config file and set it not to use the new green/generic side panels, it went back to looking "normal" for me, and the font/lettering is white, which explains why I couldn't see it when my side panels went white (still doesn't explain why they're white for me, of course):

RoF%20-%20PWCG%20unified%20ver1.0%20info

One idea - would it be possible to make those side panels calls to image file(s) that the user could substitute/replace with their own?  I kinda like the ones you've chosen, actually, but I was thinking it might be nice to replace them with some period aerial photos of the front lines or something - similar to what FeatheredIV did for replacing the movie theater frame for the loading screen.

#94 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 27 June 2016 - 03:00

Created and flew my first mission - Esc. 31 starting on 1/1/16.  Aces screens looked fine. Everything else I tried (intel screens, skin assignments, changing my pilot's avatar/picture, the mission itself, combat report and debriefing, etc.) all seemed to work just fine.  (I underclaimed my victories, as it turned out, and the extras were awarded to a couple of my flightmates, as expected).  Death of a squad member and inward transfer of a replacement also seemed to work fine.  

My only quibble is that, like in many missions, my flight leader was cruising balls-to-the-wall, and none of us could keep up with him.  Is there any way to set the leader's cruising speed at something like 80-85% of max speed, so the AI and players can have a chance of actually keeping in formation?

#95 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 27 June 2016 - 03:08

Check the cruise speeds on the mission (they are part of the MCUWaypoint entity).  i do set cruise speed.  Does it seem unreasonable for the aircraft type?

Next question - are you flying British?  I wonder if the British are reading the cruise speed as MPH instead of KPH.

#96 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 27 June 2016 - 03:25

Check the cruise speeds on the mission (they are part of the MCUWaypoint entity).  i do set cruise speed.  Does it seem unreasonable for the aircraft type?

Next question - are you flying British?  I wonder if the British are reading the cruise speed as MPH instead of KPH.

I'll take a look at that - is it in the PWCG screen of mission info or do you have to go into the mission files to see it somehow?

I was flying French (Esc.31, Nieuport 11s).

Also, one thing I forgot to mention - I was hearing music in RoF while flying the mission - I don't remember that happening before.  I probably do have the music turned on in PWCG config settings, but I thought that was only for music while I was actually in PWCG - I'll take another look at that, as I may just have misinterpreted the setting.

[edit - I didn't see it in the PWCG screen, so I opened up the mission in the ME.  I'm not sure which waypoint entries to look at - the ones I found that looked likely showed a speed of 130 km/h, which given the figures I've seen for the N11 top speed of about 156 Km/h would seem about right, BUT regardless the leader was always way ahead of us and while I was able to keep up with the other 4 AI planes (barely) most of the time by flying at the top speed I could muster, none of us were able to catch up to the leader until he started engaging the enemy aircraft.  - If it helps, I've zipped up the mission files I could find and uploaded them here: http://www.mediafire...1Missions.zip  )

#97 Ralli70

Ralli70
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 June 2016 - 22:15

I really have no clue how to install this. Got the old version in my main ROF-Folder and one in my Mod Folder activated with JSGME.

Which on do I have to delete ? Or delete them both ?

#98 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 27 June 2016 - 23:19

When I install I just install directly: unzip it into your root ROF folder.  That's all.

If you have a PWCGCampaign directory in  your RoF folder you can delete it before reinstalling.

#99 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 27 June 2016 - 23:52

@Panthercules: The gray screen on generic side panels was caused by a packaging error - I did not package the generic green side screen.  I fixed it and uploaded the fixed package.  Thanks as always for the test feedback.

#100 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 28 June 2016 - 00:39

I really have no clue how to install this. Got the old version in my main ROF-Folder and one in my Mod Folder activated with JSGME.

Which on do I have to delete ? Or delete them both ?

If you have any old versions of PWCG you should delete them (if you used JSGME to install the old copy, you should use JSGME to de-activate/uninstall it before you delete it)  (You can also just rename/move them out of your RoF folders at this point if you want to keep them around till you're sure you've got the new version working OK).

Like Pat says, you can certainly just copy the PWCG folders/files directly into your RoF installation without using JSGME if you want to, but I always use JSGME to add any type of modded/additional files to my RoF folders because I find that so much easier to manage over the long run - JSGME keeps track of everything and I don't have to remember what files I changed or where they went when I tried some mod 3 or 4 years ago.

I'll be posting an updated, JSGME-ready package of Pat's updated version in a few minutes on the useful materials page - you can use that version if you want and just unzip it into your MODS folder and use JSGME to install it and you'll be good to go.

[EDIT] Link to latest version in JSGME-ready format available on Useful Materials page:  http://riseofflight....fficial-links/ 

#101 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 28 June 2016 - 01:00

@Pat - tried out the new/updated version and the green sides were working fine with it now, so I added a link to a JSGME-ready version to the Useful Materials Page for anybody that wants to go that way.  Will try to fly some more missions later tonight and see if anything else jumps out at me.

Thanks (again) for all the great work on this fabulous enhancement to RoF (and BoS).

#102 Pioniere719

Pioniere719

Posted 28 June 2016 - 02:10

Many thanks Pat!

Now that I got my java issues sorted out, I'm able to run PWCG again, and look forward to checking out your new release. I still can't run the Gui mod, but at least I can run PWCG, so I'm back in business.

You.Are.Legend :icon_e_salute:

[EDIT] Link to latest version in JSGME-ready format available on Useful Materials page:

I loaded it up and it works. Thanks for that!!

I agree with you about loading all the modded/additional files with JSGME. You just never know when you might delete the wrong thing, so using JSGME is a good fail-safe. The plus side is that you can delete stuff directly and easily right in JSGME as well.  

:icon_e_salute:

In exile.

#103 Ralli70

Ralli70
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 June 2016 - 17:49

GUI Mod doesnt´t work for me via JSGME

Edit : Managed it at least.

#104 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 28 June 2016 - 20:10

The gui mod is a single file: interface.gfx.  That file has to be in <My RoF Install>\data\swf.  If it is there it will work.

#105 Ralli70

Ralli70
  • LocationGermany

Posted 28 June 2016 - 20:56

Quick questions :

No Winter-Settings for Landscape ? Few Missions flown in January 1916, Landscape complete green like in spring or summer

Are Skins for PWCG working with this version ? Didn´t see any special markings on enemy aircraft so far, like Squadron-Insignias, paintings or Flightnumbers ( I know not all have been shown even in previous version)

Time compression 2x-16x seems to be much slower in this version (?)

My new Pilot is an Bavarian but started with the Prussian-Badge ?

#106 Der.Mo

Der.Mo

Posted 28 June 2016 - 21:43

Yes some skins from the 'loose' section don't seem to work via skin management,not for Player nor squadmates. for example historical Jasta 18 skins (J18_Buren for example) Something i noticed in the Beta Version already.

Also Balloon Defence Missions are bugged.
Tried 10 of these Missions with same result:
Leader stays on deck at low speed, circling around airfield forever,ignoring that he gets hammered from all sides by the enemy

#107 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 28 June 2016 - 22:26

Many thanks Pat!

Now that I got my java issues sorted out, I'm able to run PWCG again, and look forward to checking out your new release. I still can't run the Gui mod, but at least I can run PWCG, so I'm back in business.

You.Are.Legend :icon_e_salute:

I loaded it up and it works. Thanks for that!!

I agree with you about loading all the modded/additional files with JSGME. You just never know when you might delete the wrong thing, so using JSGME is a good fail-safe. The plus side is that you can delete stuff directly and easily right in JSGME as well.  

:icon_e_salute:

Good to hear you are working again :)

sig.png

#108 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 29 June 2016 - 01:26

Yes some skins from the 'loose' section don't seem to work via skin management,not for Player nor squadmates. for example historical Jasta 18 skins (J18_Buren for example) Something i noticed in the Beta Version already.

Also Balloon Defence Missions are bugged.
Tried 10 of these Missions with same result:
Leader stays on deck at low speed, circling around airfield forever,ignoring that he gets hammered from all sides by the enemy

Can you provide more info on what's going wrong with those skins (date. unit, etc)?  During the beta testing I noticed that some of the German skins apparently weren't coded in the config files to show up in the top grouping, but I didn't see any problems with being able to assign them from the bottom "loose" group (but I only tested a couple of units).

#109 Pioniere719

Pioniere719

Posted 29 June 2016 - 03:03

Good to hear you are working again :)

Thanks Steve!! :icon_e_salute:

In exile.

#110 Der.Mo

Der.Mo

Posted 29 June 2016 - 12:53

1.June 1918 Jasta 18 Fokker D.VII
We have about 7 historical skins from that Jasta but only 3 are working in PWCG.

For example if I assign the skin J18_Buren to a squadmate or even myself it does not show up in the mission and i see a generic j18 skin or even a Standard RoF skin instead

#111 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 29 June 2016 - 16:07

We have about 7 historical skins from that Jasta but only 3 are working in PWCG.

For example if I assign the skin J18_Buren to a squadmate or even myself it does not show up in the mission and i see a generic j18 skin or even a Standard RoF skin instead

Hmm - thanks - I'll try to remember to check this out tonight and see if I can replicate it.  Haven't started peering under the hood at the config files for this latest version yet, but if I see the problem I may try to see if I can find the reason in those files (if it's buried deeper/caused by something else, I'll have to leave it up to Pat to sort out).

#112 McMinstrel

McMinstrel
  • LocationAnn Arbor Michigan

Posted 29 June 2016 - 16:58

Hmm - thanks - I'll try to remember to check this out tonight and see if I can replicate it.  Haven't started peering under the hood at the config files for this latest version yet, but if I see the problem I may try to see if I can find the reason in those files (if it's buried deeper/caused by something else, I'll have to leave it up to Pat to sort out).

Panther,

I have been working on the config files since before Pat's new version.  It's a huge project but interesting.  I have discovered that some of the skin files contain more than 17 letters.  I've been having some problems with the config files and had pretty much concluded that this was a cause of them.  How strict is that 17 character limit?  It might prevent skins from showing in game.

~M~ 

"If you're too busy to laugh; you're too busy."

#113 Der.Mo

Der.Mo

Posted 29 June 2016 - 17:45

In the end its not a gamebreaker. But Balloon Defence Missions are.

Btw i really like the new Layout of the skin management screen and also the new look of the roster and the little chalkboard below. Very good

#114 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 29 June 2016 - 19:45

Panther,

I have been working on the config files since before Pat's new version.  It's a huge project but interesting.  I have discovered that some of the skin files contain more than 17 letters.  I've been having some problems with the config files and had pretty much concluded that this was a cause of them.  How strict is that 17 character limit?  It might prevent skins from showing in game.

~M~ 

The 17.3 character limitation was articulated somewhere in the early/middle of the process, so some of the older skins do have longer names.  In my experience, the game seems to be able to tolerate some longer names, but not others, and I haven't spotted a pattern that would indicate which longer names might work and which might not.  I've tested a lot of the skins in game, but certainly not all of them.  I believe that the PWCG config files just need to use exactly whatever the approved skin file names are - then at least if the skins don't work it will be because the game itself chokes on them, rather than it being a PWCG-introduced problem.

If you can PM me with a list of any of the suspect/longer-name skin files, I'll be happy to run some tests on them in game and see if they are truly broken in game.

#115 Jakob_Wolf

Jakob_Wolf

Posted 29 June 2016 - 23:53

Is there anything in this newer version that allows enemy flights to appear further away than in the past? They would always sneak up to you in past versions because you couldn't see them until they were very close.

Also I noticed my wingmen are way quicker than me on climb out, any way i can adjust that?

#116 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 30 June 2016 - 01:16

Is there anything in this newer version that allows enemy flights to appear further away than in the past? They would always sneak up to you in past versions because you couldn't see them until they were very close.

Also I noticed my wingmen are way quicker than me on climb out, any way i can adjust that?

They do appear further away.  Given seven years of CPU advances most computers can handle a few more planes, so I extended the spawn range.  I also limited enemy flights right over your field and added climb WPs, so you should be more at patrol altitude when you meet the enemy.

I stillhave not figured out the AI flying away from the player.  I do have waypoint speeds set to cruise speed, but the RoF AI seems to have other ideas.

#117 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 30 June 2016 - 01:23

There's definitely something odd going on with the J18 skins in the current version of PWCG.  I started a new campaign with Jasta 18 starting 1 July 1918.  There were a lot of choices of FD7 skins available, including several historical skins and several of the PW skins (but the J18_Buren skin you mentioned was not one of them).  I assigned skins to all of the unit's pilots, and then generated a mission.  In game, all the planes seemed to be showing the assigned skins:

RoF%20-%20PWCG%20unified%20ver1.0%20J18%

Then, I finished that mission, went back to PWCG to take a look at the skin selection screen.  I was planning to take a screenshot to show that the Buren skin was not on the list, but I was surprised to see that there were now a lot fewer FD7 skins available for some reason:

Not sure exactly what is going on, but I don't know of any reason why the list of available FD7 skins should be different over the first few days of July 1918 so I don;t know why they would have changed between when I assigned them for the first mission and when I came back to look at this after the first mission.

Argh - I just realized you said June and not July - not sure that explains anything but I'll go back in and check it with a June campaign 

#118 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 30 June 2016 - 01:31

OK - the June/July thing doesn't seem to have mattered - here's a screenshot of the skins PWCG showed available for the June 1, 1918 campaign - from memory, it looks like the one I first saw before the first mission of my July campaign, and again, the Buren skin isn't on the list (and there are many more skins on the list than I saw on the screen after my first mission, as posted above):

Hmmm - I wonder if the reduction in the skins seen on the post-mission screen might have something to do with the fact that the "missing" skins have already been assigned to other pilots?  I noticed that as I was going through the process of assigning skins, PWCG was not removing the assigned skins from the list as I moved from pilot to pilot, but maybe it did it later after I "accepted" the assignments?  If so, then we probably need to talk about what logic is being used to make skins unavailable once they've been assigned to a pilot, because while I'm on the screen assigning skins to pilots initially I can assign the same skin to multiple pilots, but if I accept and come back in apparently I cannot do that.  Something seems odd to me about that.

I also went in and looked to see how many historical J18 FD7 skins I have, and there are several more than are showing up on the list in PWCG, besides just the Buren one:

#119 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 30 June 2016 - 02:01

Went back in to check specifically what was going on with the Buren skin - sure enough, when I assigned it to my pilot from the "loose" grouping, it did not show up in game (the Monnington skin, which I assigned from the "loose" grouping to the pilot in the second plane, next to mine, did show up OK):

The first plane in the pic above should have been wearing this Buren skin below, which does work in RoF (did a QMB mission to confirm it does work in the game):

Not sure, but I suspect that just means that the file name for the Buren skin being used in the PWCG config file is probably wrong/typoed.

#120 Der.Mo

Der.Mo

Posted 30 June 2016 - 11:21

Yes that is exactly what i observed on my system.
Thank you for taking time to sort this out Panthercules.
I'll check config when i'm home again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users