Photo
- - - - -

PWCG Unified Release 1.0 Available

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#41 thenorm

thenorm

Posted 11 May 2016 - 02:06

Anyone else having trouble claming kills? I've just had an intercept in my Jasta 11 career, and shot down two spad 13s, the debrief recorded them as my kills, as did the game, and they both fell within 2 km of my aerodrome, and on our side of the lines.

I also just finished a flight and been unable to file my AAR, here is the error file.

Attached Files

#42 GenMarkof007

GenMarkof007

Posted 11 May 2016 - 20:13

Hi thenorm,

I did do a few more beta testing mission with the RFC No24 squadron (early 1916)... and I did not get a few kills in some of the missions, even if the ROF game had 2 down planes in the result page.

The 2 down planes went down on their side... so not sure about why I didn't get the kills?

Same for the die settings in PWCG (4), I did go down burning on central side, but was mark as very wounded with a few days off duty?

Cheers,

GenMarkof

#43 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 08 June 2016 - 15:43

I've updated Ankors PWCG GUI to work with the Unified Beta if anyone is interested

Only the interface.gfx is included. Presuming if you are beta testing Unified you know what to do with this file

http://stevef.me.uk/...s/interface.zip

sig.png

#44 flightdok55

flightdok55

Posted 08 June 2016 - 18:31

Thanks J2_Steve......... :icon_e_smile:

#45 Der.Mo

Der.Mo

Posted 08 June 2016 - 19:17

Thank you very much Steve!!

#46 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 09 June 2016 - 12:20

PWCG Unified Beta 3 coming soon:

GUIs redone for consistency and appearance
- Side panels resize automatically to avoid "scrunched" look
- Navigation buttons consistently on the left panel
- Control buttons on the right panel
- Support for smaller screens - auto sizing
New skin assignment screen
- Allows skin assignment to all pilots in the squadron
- Pick the pilot then assign the skins
- Accessed from the Campaign home page
Improved campaign generation page
- Campaign generation is now stp by step 
- Avoids unintended data resets
- Forces player to perform steps in the proper order
- Can go to previous step to change things
- Choosing a new service restarts the generation process
- Still only takes a few minutes at most to generate a campaign
Improved patrol waypoints

Bug fixes"
Increase Java memory for PWCG to avoid unexpected bugs on screen transition
Fixed: Missing the ability to select some sklns and assign them to pilots
Fixed: RoF: Need to exclude "City Broken" and "Village" from destinations
Fixed: RoF: error that could prevent credit for balloons
Fixed: Intel map right side goes away when squadron is selected
Fixed: Debrief screen transition doesn't work
Fixed: AI pilots do not die
Fixed: Player doesn't die
Fixed: Lone Wolf and Combat Report buttons do not grey out on entry into campaign
Fixed: Belgian campaign generation broken
Fixed: Kumakova airfield
Fixed: Some missions happen on the wrong side of the lines
Fixed: Restored front line recon missions
Fixed: RoF lone wolf missions
Fixed: Baizieux Airfield.

This will be the release candidate.  I need some feedback.  If all  goes well then it will go live as PWCG version 1.  There are many improvements in the unified version that are carried over from RoF development.  Most of these enhancements are where they count most - in the way that missions play out.  

Warning: I have not tested with the GUI mod.  Since I did make changes to the core of the UI it is possible that I broke the UI mod.  If somebody would be so kind as to test it and let me know I would appreciate it.  The final release absolutely will support the UI mod.

#47 Pioniere719

Pioniere719

Posted 09 June 2016 - 13:50

Great news Pat! We're ready when you're ready! :icon_e_salute:

In exile.

#48 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 09 June 2016 - 15:22

Gui mod i posted works with unified at the moment. Ankors mod looks explicitly for rofcampaign folder and the rofcampaign.jar. I've amended it to look for pwcgcampaign folder and the campaign .exe

sig.png

#49 Der.Mo

Der.Mo

Posted 10 June 2016 - 08:05

Great, i'm good to go for some testing!

#50 Barkhorn1x

Barkhorn1x

Posted 10 June 2016 - 16:45

Great update Pat.

#51 Der.Mo

Der.Mo

Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:36

Is TestVersion 3 online already? Can not find it

#52 flightdok55

flightdok55

Posted 14 June 2016 - 21:24

Don't think he has yet .  He will let us know right here when he does....... :icon_e_smile:

#53 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 19 June 2016 - 00:48

Get it here

This is a "near" release candidate.  One known issue: airfield assignments for RoF with moving front need to be fixed.  Do not use moving front for now.

PWCG Unified Beta 3
GUIs redone for consistency and appearance
- Side panels resize automatically to avoid "scrunched" look
- Navigation buttons consistently on the left panel
- Control buttons on the right panel
- Support for smaller screens - auto sizing
New skin assignment screen
- Allows skin assignment to all pilots in the squadron
- Pick the pilot then assign the skins
- Accessed from the Campaign home page
Improved campaign generation page
- Campaign generation is now stp by step 
- Avoids unintended data resets
- Forces player to perform steps in the proper order
- Can go to previous step to change things
- Choosing a new service restarts the generation process
- Still only takes a few minutes at most to generate a campaign
Improved patrol waypoints

Bug fixes"
Increase Java memory for PWCG to avoid unexpected bugs on screen transition
Fixed: Missing the ability to select some sklns and assign them to pilots
Fixed: RoF: Need to exclude "City Broken" and "Village" from destinations
Fixed: RoF: error that could prevent credit for balloons
Fixed: Intel map right side goes away when squadron is selected
Fixed: Debrief screen transition doesn't work
Fixed: AI pilots do not die
Fixed: Player doesn't die
Fixed: Lone Wolf and Combat Report buttons do not grey out on entry into campaign
Fixed: Belgian campaign generation broken
Fixed: Kumakova airfield
Fixed: Some missions happen on the wrong side of the lines
Fixed: Restored front line recon missions
Fixed: RoF lone wolf missions
Fixed: Baizieux Airfield.
Fixed: Enemy MGs in friendly locations

#54 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 19 June 2016 - 01:38

Awesome - thanks Pat - will get it loaded up and take it for a spin this weekend.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

#55 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 19 June 2016 - 02:02

Pat - initial reaction - not sure why you chose to use the "next step" button approach to moving from one entry box to the next on the campaign creation screen, but I found it rather confusing.  I even took a screenshot and planned to report a bug here about not being able to do anything but put my name in because I couldn't tab or even click into the next box - only noticed the "next step" button when I ran the test again directly from outside the game to make sure it wasn't some quirk introduced by the GUI mod.  I guess it works, but it seems to be a rather odd design choice for navigation purposes.

When I got into the process I found this options screen, where the space allowed for the numbers isn't wide enough (I didn't change any of the default fonts or anything):

RoF%20-%20PWCG%20beta%203%20options%20sc

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960

#56 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 19 June 2016 - 02:17

I did that because it was possible for a change in box a to reset box b.  End result would be a campaign not configured the way the user wanted.  The new method prevents that.

The design is a workflow design.  One step at a time, in sequence.  Complete the last step and create the campaign.  The current step is highlighted in red.

#57 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 19 June 2016 - 03:32

Ok - thanks for the clarification/explanation.  It does work - just takes a little getting used to.  The skin selection screen also works, but took a little experimentation as well.  Is it possible to configure the thing so that the special PW skins we did would show up in the top "squadron" category instead of having to be down in the bottom "Loose" category (for those squadrons where such skins are available)?  If it's just a matter of editing some text/config file somewhere to designate the qualifying skins, I'd be happy to do that for you.

Flew the first mission and all went well - integration with RoF via the modified GUI mod that J2_SteveF posted worked great (thanks J2_SteveF ! ).  The hangars were out of the way, but I did notice that the wind sock was kinda out in the middle of the field (easy enough for me to miss as there were only 2 planes in my flight - not sure if it would have been a problem if it had been a fuller flight).  I was flight leader but my AI flight buddy seemed to be following the waypoints instead of me.  I had probably flown a bit past the waypoint (I wasn't using any icons or anything), and I noticed that my flight buddy had turned off as if on the next leg of the flight plan.  I went back to join up with him, and then gave him an order to keep formation.   I don't usually fly as flight leader - should I have issued such an order in the beginning or are the flight buddies supposed to be programmed by the mission to follow their leader?

We mixed it up with some Nieuport 17s before reaching the front, and downed several and then headed for home.  The claiming mechanism seemed to work OK - I claimed 3 N17s, and was awarded 3, but the debriefing revealed I had actually downed 4 (I assume that you still have it set so that you don't get awarded any that you don't claim).

However, I noticed that the debriefing screen was truncating the entries, and that it failed to indicate what or who had downed one of the N17s:

RoF%20-%20PWCG%20beta%203%20debrief%20sc

I'm running 1920x1080, and default PWCG settings as far as fonts and stuff.

I checked the options screens, aces screens, intel screens and map, and all seemed to be fine.

Looking really good so far - kinda late here now but will try to get in some more missions tomorrow.

#58 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 19 June 2016 - 15:36

Thanks for the test.  I'll look into the truncated display.  The truncated display and lack of who shot down who are either

1. The same problem or

2. Sometimes the logs are not clear as to who shot down who.  In those cases I do not display "shot down by".  

You are correct in that you only get credit for what you claim.  I use that mechanism two ways.  First to prevent my score from rising too fast - I only claim what I absolutely know I shot down.  The second thing is that planes that would have been credited to you are no assigned to your flight mates.  That makes it a good way to give victories to your squadron mates.  

#59 Barkhorn1x

Barkhorn1x

Posted 19 June 2016 - 16:31

Took the Beta for a test drive this morning:

- Jasta 6 May 1918

- I like the campg. generation process

- And I got the Panther/Dude skins w/ the Squadron button.  This tells me that the skin text files may not be fully updated.  Easy yo check; What Squad/plane were you flying Panther?

- Everything appears to be working

- Mission generated w/ no issues and skin assignments were all there

- Wind sock was indeed "out in left field" (it actually was :)) and not to the left of the flight line like earlier versions

- Combat report worked but the notification of Squadron Move is not formatted well - screenie attached.

I noted a couple of typos:

1. Camp. Generation screen = Airfield labeled as "IAirfield"

2. Fighter Mission Type screen in Advanced Config = "Axis" Offensive Missions instead of "Central"

Thank you for all you do Pat!

Attached Files

#60 flightdok55

flightdok55

Posted 19 June 2016 - 18:43

Hi Pat, thank you for uploading beta test version 3.  I'm having a problem.  Under the advanced configuration categories, under mission limits, I can't find any numbers that you can change like in beta test 2 version.  There is the title, (Always air start:), then the description of what it does, but there is no number after the : title: that you can change. It's like this for all the titles listed.  In beta test 2, there were numbers that you could change for the settings.  Can you no longer change any settings in the mission limit settings?  All the rest of the categories do have set numbers.  Thank you for all your support in your  PWCG.

#61 Pioniere719

Pioniere719

Posted 19 June 2016 - 19:29

Hi Pat .. thanks for making Beta 3 available.

First a few questions that are not directly related to the beta:

- Is it possible to get one or two more levels of map zoom?
- Is it possible to add the option of deleting a career from within the gui?
- I just realized that while viewing the other pilots, that the entire squadron is dating the same sweetheart :P.  Is it possible to change that woman's picture for our pilot only, or is it stuck to the PilotDeskTop.jpg file for all? Not that this is a big deal.

A question related to the Beta:
- The previous roles of Scout, Strategic Bomb, Recon, and Sea Plane were simple enough to understand. These have been replaced with Attack, Fighter, Strategic Bomb, and Recon. What is the difference between Attack and Fighter roles? What happened to Sea Plane? 

I haven't done any in-game missions yet and have only tested the program gui and campaign creation at the moment. Here's what I've found:

- The chalkboard size changes when switching between Pilots and Aces. Pilots chalkboard is wider than Aces chalkboard. Can this be adjusted so that they are both the same size, and so that the size change is not discernible on switching?

- Aces chalkboard does not display any real life aces as it did previously when starting with the initial date 1/1/1916. Tested with Germany and Britain. Previous versions had Immelmann, Hawker, and Boelcke listed, which are displayed if you start a career on 1/2/1916.

- In Advanced Configuration Categories / Flight, I didn't have any values like Panthercules has indicated by the red arrow in his graphic in post #55, nor could I select that (empty) column. This appears to be similar to what flightdok55 said happens to him in Mission Limits. For me, values are available in all the other sections, including Mission Limits.

- In the Mission screen, I could change plane type (if available), but I could not switch out pilots. Selecting or double clicking on the pilot name did nothing. 

that's it for now ..

Pioniere719

In exile.

#62 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 20 June 2016 - 00:55

@ Barkhorn1x - I was flying with Jasta 5 in early 1917 (February I think) - mix of AD2L and AD3 types.

@ Pioniere719 - when I went into the "aces" screen it listed at least 9 or 10 RL aces, some of whom were shown as KIA already and some were still active (as seemed appropriate given that I was flying in Feb 1917), and all showed their victories when you went deeper into their individual pages - I never really looked at that part of PWCG before, but it seemed to be working for me the way I would have expected.

#63 Pioniere719

Pioniere719

Posted 20 June 2016 - 00:59

Panthercules, did you try starting a career right from the first available date - 1/1/1916? For me, aces show up from the second available date onwards.

In exile.

#64 Barkhorn1x

Barkhorn1x

Posted 20 June 2016 - 16:29

@ Barkhorn1x - I was flying with Jasta 5 in early 1917 (February I think) - mix of AD2L and AD3 types.

Confirmed that the issue is the skin files and not the program.  J5 Dude skin entries are missing for the Alb. DII/DII Late/DIII.

#65 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 20 June 2016 - 21:15

Panthercules, did you try starting a career right from the first available date - 1/1/1916? For me, aces show up from the second available date onwards.

No - I only started one from a later date (Feb 1917 IIRC) - I'll try to start one from day one tonight when I get back from work and see if that changes things.

#66 Pioniere719

Pioniere719

Posted 21 June 2016 - 00:37

Sounds good, Panthercules. I'm curious to see if it's just me experiencing this or not.

I had a thought after reading your post, so I went in, created a career using the first date available, then started up RoF and ran the mission, but immediately finished the flight. I then did the debriefing process in order to progress. The next date was the 8th of January, and the three aces were listed, with each having 7 victories.

This issue of there being zero aces during the first day is not a big deal, but at least Pat is aware of it now.

In exile.

#67 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 21 June 2016 - 03:28

Sounds good, Panthercules. I'm curious to see if it's just me experiencing this or not.

I had a thought after reading your post, so I went in, created a career using the first date available, then started up RoF and ran the mission, but immediately finished the flight. I then did the debriefing process in order to progress. The next date was the 8th of January, and the three aces were listed, with each having 7 victories.

This issue of there being zero aces during the first day is not a big deal, but at least Pat is aware of it now.

I went in and created a new career on the first possible day (1/1/16) - sure enough, there were no entries for any aces on the aces screen.  I also noted one other oddity - when I created a mission, it did not list me among the assigned pilots - just an AI buddy:

RoF%20-%20PWCG%20unified%20beta%203%20-%

I went in and started the mission in RoF and it did have me loaded in on the airfield next to my AI buddy, so it did have me in the mission, just not on the list on that screen above.

#68 Zjahna

Zjahna

Posted 21 June 2016 - 04:37

Hi all,

Just been following this thread for a bit as I still love ROF and my favourite Alb v Pup duels/careers with PWCG (thanks again Pat!). 

I cannot find an outline for PWCG unified beta 3, how does this differ from the previous versions? Any help would be most appreciated. Also, is it installed in a similar manner to previous PWCG versions.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Cheers,

Zj

#69 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 21 June 2016 - 05:02

Hi all,

Just been following this thread for a bit as I still love ROF and my favourite Alb v Pup duels/careers with PWCG (thanks again Pat!). 

I cannot find an outline for PWCG unified beta 3, how does this differ from the previous versions? Any help would be most appreciated. Also, is it installed in a similar manner to previous PWCG versions.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Cheers,

Zj

The unified beta is Pat's rework of the code so that the same basic program can be used for both RoF and IL-2 BoS/BoM and he'll only have to maintain one basic program.

It installs basically the same way as the older version, although the folder name/structure is a little different.  Pat's also taking the opportunity to make some improvements in the way PWCG works.  There's a modified version of the GUI Mod posted in this thread that works with the new beta version just like the other one did for the older version.

#70 Pioniere719

Pioniere719

Posted 21 June 2016 - 15:03

Thanks for checking, Panthercules.

Interestingly enough, when I tested that aces situation as posted earlier, I noticed that very same oddity you pointed out about not being assigned in that screen, but are within the mission. IIRC, I was assigned in the Pilot Selection screen, though. I forgot to mention that, so I'm confirming that here as well.

:icon_e_salute:

In exile.

#71 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 22 June 2016 - 03:50

Started a new career - RFC No.24 squadron starting 1 October 1916.  Noticed that Lanoe Hawker was my squadron leader, so went to check out his pilot roster page and saw the following odd entries (all victories dated same day, 1 January 1916 (not the correct date for his victories):

I decided to check out the top aces screen, and noticed this oddity with the references to the 1 1/2 Strutters shot down on Boelcke's page (maybe a font problem not having a 1/2 symbol or something?):

Flew the first mission and it went weird - first, all 4 of the other AI aircraft took off at the same time as the leader - is that normal? (IIRC they used to take off in sequence with slight delays between them).  I was lined up second (with my leader on my left), and the two on my right wound up having to circle around (apparently they were too close to the leader and circled around to form up again).  Then the leader, after climbing briefly, settled back down to around 1,000 feet altitude and just circled several times around our airfield, without going on our mission to defend the balloon.  I finally got tired and landed, so I could check out the post-mission process.

Just for grins, I claimed a couple of non-existent victories, to see what would happen.  As expected, the claims were denied, but I noticed that the second claim (which was actually for a balloon) showed up as "unknown" in the report:

#72 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 23 June 2016 - 02:12

All of that is down to a single issue.  I fixed it.  Aces now show up at the proper date, ace medals are there, ace victories are correct, etc.

Also fixed the mission briefing by reverting to a smaller font and rearranging the briefing layout a bit.

Fixed the bad Strutter references.  I always just use "Sopwith Strutter".

I can look into the invalid balloon claim.  I have a pretty good idea what it might be.

#73 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 23 June 2016 - 03:04

Fixed claim denied for balloon too.

#74 PatAWilson

PatAWilson

Posted 23 June 2016 - 03:05

Appreciate the testing

#75 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 23 June 2016 - 04:34

Thanks for jumping on those things Pat.  Will try to run a few more tests tomorrow night - RL kinda got in the way tonight.

BTW - forgot to mention that the PW skins did show up in the top selection for my RFC No. 24 Squadron campaign, so it does look like it's just a config file issue that was keeping the German ones from showing up in my earlier post.  If there's anything I can do to help get those config files tweaked just let me know - I'll be glad to help.

#76 keeno

keeno

Posted 23 June 2016 - 13:11

Pat,

I've been trying out the BoS PWCG and decided to go back to RoF with the new unified release, I've got to say I love it, so far no CTD, haven't found any flaws so far, I think Panthercules must be highlighting and nailing them all first! :-) The only thing is that I can't get the Ankor add on to work so that PWCG appears in game rather than alt-tabbing back and forth between the campaign generator and RoF it's no big deal though as it's working a treat.

Thanks again for all your amazing work both here and in BoS.

Cheers

#77 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 23 June 2016 - 16:46

Pat,

I've been trying out the BoS PWCG and decided to go back to RoF with the new unified release, I've got to say I love it, so far no CTD, haven't found any flaws so far, I think Panthercules must be highlighting and nailing them all first! :-) The only thing is that I can't get the Ankor add on to work so that PWCG appears in game rather than alt-tabbing back and forth between the campaign generator and RoF it's no big deal though as it's working a treat.

Thanks again for all your amazing work both here and in BoS.

Cheers

@Keeno - a revised version of AnKor's GUI Mod was created and posted above in this thread (look for post by J2_SteveF) - I've been using it with the last couple of beta releases and it seems to be working fine.

#78 Pioniere719

Pioniere719

Posted 23 June 2016 - 16:53

Sadly, that gui mod wasn't working for me, Panthercules. Not even in the alpha. I posted in the PWCG support thread about it. In trying to resolve my issue, I somehow can no longer run PWCG, which means no more testing or playing PWCG until I (or someone else) can figure that one out. :icon_eek:  

In exile.

#79 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 23 June 2016 - 16:56

Where have you installed PWCG?

sig.png

#80 Pioniere719

Pioniere719

Posted 23 June 2016 - 19:21

@J2_SteveF, I responded over in the support thread, so that we don't have double posts.

In exile.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users