Photo
- - - - -

Time RoF got some planes

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 vonrintelen

vonrintelen

Posted 08 April 2016 - 01:48

Hi...I know that 777 are all focused on Il2 rubbish but next year is 100 years since Bloody April 1917 and we German flyers need some AI BE2's to shoot at. So drop IL2 please and get cracking on BE2c please and if you can a flyable version at some please. Thanks. PS. Il2 is rubbish. RoF is fantastic!!!!!!!

#2 AndyJWest

AndyJWest

Posted 08 April 2016 - 02:05

Yeah sure, 'your other product is rubbish' is a sure-fire argument to convince a developer to change their priorities...

#3 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy
  • LocationWishing I was in the La Cloche

Posted 08 April 2016 - 10:37

You can't blame Russian developers for wanting to make combat flight sims involving their history.  Just hoping this doesn't happen to the exclusion of other theatres...

Also, there's a whole lot of politics going on here; follow the money, it's why we have an Ost front in RoF and a two-headed eagle on the splash screen.

#4 vonrintelen

vonrintelen

Posted 08 April 2016 - 13:43

Yeah sure, 'your other product is rubbish' is a sure-fire argument to convince a developer to change their priorities...

Just my opinion. I'm not trying to convince them of anything.

#5 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 08 April 2016 - 16:55

Just my opinion. I'm not trying to convince them of anything.

So what's the point of having this thread?

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#6 vonrintelen

vonrintelen

Posted 08 April 2016 - 19:49

So what's the point of having this thread?

It is a request, and a request is different to trying to 'convince' 777 of actually doing anything. The 'request' is the point of the thread. 

#7 Agent86

Agent86
  • LocationNorth Woods

Posted 08 April 2016 - 20:03

Poop in one hand, and request in the other..... Which hand fills up first ?  :icon_e_wink:  :icon_e_biggrin:  :icon_lol:

Sorry About That                                                           

#8 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 08 April 2016 - 21:41

It is a request, 

Rule #22  All requests must be filed using the official "Request" form. 

The request forms can be found in the users manual 134c_rev.1/ APPENDIX H( Request Form, Complaint Form, and who gives a _ _ _ _ Form.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#9 vonrintelen

vonrintelen

Posted 08 April 2016 - 22:48

You guys are so funny. :D If I meet you in combat I'll make sure to flame you.

#10 Agent86

Agent86
  • LocationNorth Woods

Posted 09 April 2016 - 18:40

You guys are so funny. :D If I meet you in combat I'll make sure to flame you.

Please do !  :icon_e_smile:  :icon_mad:  :icon_lol:

Sorry About That                                                           

#11 J99=Hardy

J99=Hardy
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 April 2016 - 12:55

img_3834.png

#12 Ceowulf

Ceowulf
  • LocationA long way from Tipperary

Posted 12 April 2016 - 19:52

Il2 BoS is NOT rubbish - watch some youtube videos.   It's actually a really cool sim in an outside the box theater.

Ceowulf<><

#13 Demon_

Demon_

Posted 12 April 2016 - 20:56

May i suggest?

1694057_o.gif

#14 Flying_Bear

Flying_Bear
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Posted 13 April 2016 - 17:21

Il2 BoS is NOT rubbish - watch some youtube videos.   It's actually a really cool sim in an outside the box theater.

Ceowulf<><

It's not rubbish, it's a good simulator too. But:

World War 2, World War 2, World War 2 and World War 2! It's WW2 here and WW2 there! 

I'm bored of WW2!!!  :icon_mad:  :icon_mad:  :icon_mad:  :icon_mad: 

Rise of Flight is one of the few WW1-games in development, but now it's not sure that even RoF will survive.

If a bear can be in the artillery, why not in the airforce too?

#15 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 13 April 2016 - 20:07

IL2 is the only WW2 game in development.   So, it's not exactly WW2 here and there.  The problem for WW1 games is that WW2 makes more money.  

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#16 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 13 April 2016 - 20:11

Have Eagle Dynamics dropped the DCS WW2? 

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#17 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 13 April 2016 - 21:15

That isn't a WW2 game.  That is some WW2 aircraft that you can fly over Russia.  Maybe, and this a really big maybe, some day you'll be able to fly them over a section of Europe where they never actually saw combat.

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#18 Demon_

Demon_

Posted 13 April 2016 - 22:14

Who knows? :icon_boring: 
They still work on the Nevada (an old promise for the A-10C owners (prior to February 21st, 2011)), the Strait of Hormuz will follow, then the Normandy.

#19 igorlikesp38

igorlikesp38

Posted 14 April 2016 - 18:36

Well 777 Studios might do an update/development of an existing plane in the game like making a Hansa Brandenburg W.29 out of the W.12 - a monoplane, somewhat larger wingspan, same armament and cockpit/gunner arrangements, better speed. Very simply put, an W.29 is an W.12 without an upper wing, so I guess it would not occupy that much of an efor os the 777 designers, would it?

I know that H-B W.29 if ever considered to be developed by 777 Studios, will not generate the same enthusiasm as a new BE2c or Farman or Aviatik or Rumpler etc...  but nevertheless - maybe after a year, we can get a 'new ' plane in ROF, without much trouble for 777?

#20 xvii-Dietrich

xvii-Dietrich
  • LocationNorway / Finland

Posted 14 April 2016 - 21:33

Well 777 Studios might do an update/development of an existing plane in the game like making a Hansa Brandenburg W.29 out of the W.12 - a monoplane, somewhat larger wingspan, same armament and cockpit/gunner arrangements, better speed. Very simply put, an W.29 is an W.12 without an upper wing, so I guess it would not occupy that much of an efor os the 777 designers, would it?

I know that H-B W.29 if ever considered to be developed by 777 Studios, will not generate the same enthusiasm as a new BE2c or Farman or Aviatik or Rumpler etc...  but nevertheless - maybe after a year, we can get a 'new ' plane in ROF, without much trouble for 777?

The Hansa-Brandenburg W.29 is a brilliant idea!

As you say, it is not as difficult to develop, given the existing parts from the W.12, but it gives a new aircraft with new parameters and operating methods.

I, for one, would far prefer a new seaplane over any of those other aircraft that you mentioned. And I would be EXTREMELY enthusiastic for a Hansa-Brandenburg W.29.

Along similar lines, I wonder if an Albatros W.4 would also be easier to model, given that it is starting from an Albatros design? Of course any of the Gotha WD series would be cool, but I appreciate that these would be radically new models and a lot of work.

xvii-kuesta-add2e.jpg

#21 Flashy

Flashy
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 15 April 2016 - 11:35

ROF needs a Be2. Having a WW1 flight sim without a Be2 is like having a Battle of Britain sim without a Spitfire. The Be2 was in service with the RFC since 1912, was produced in big numbers (3500 +), and was used in so many different roles in different theaters (trainer, recon, light bomber, anti-zeppelin duties, home defense, night fighter, etc). It was the quintessential British two seater of WW1 - even Bloody April was so named because of the casualties suffered by (primarily) Be2 squadrons. It obviously wont be a good combat aircraft, but thats not the point of all the planes in ROF. We are trying to create a representation of WW1 air combat, and we cant do that without one of the most important and most numerous aircraft of that time.

Just because I can give multiple orgasms to the furniture just by sitting on it, doesn't mean that I'm not sick of this damn war: the blood, the noise, the endless poetry...

#22 igorlikesp38

igorlikesp38

Posted 15 April 2016 - 19:04

As you say, it is not as difficult to develop, given the existing parts from the W.12, but it gives a new aircraft with new parameters and operating methods.

I, for one, would far prefer a new seaplane over any of those other aircraft that you mentioned. And I would be EXTREMELY enthusiastic for a Hansa-Brandenburg W.29.

Along similar lines, I wonder if an Albatros W.4 would also be easier to model, given that it is starting from an Albatros design? Of course any of the Gotha WD series would be cool, but I appreciate that these would be radically new models and a lot of work.

Glad that you like the idea, I do hope the developers would find it interesting too.

OF needs a Be2. Having a WW1 flight sim without a Be2 is like having a Battle of Britain sim without a Spitfire. The Be2 was in service with the RFC since 1912, was produced in big numbers (3500 +), and was used in so many different roles in different theaters (trainer, recon, light bomber, anti-zeppelin duties, home defense, night fighter, etc). It was the quintessential British two seater of WW1 - even Bloody April was so named because of the casualties suffered by (primarily) Be2 squadrons. It obviously wont be a good combat aircraft, but thats not the point of all the planes in ROF. We are trying to create a representation of WW1 air combat, and we cant do that without one of the most important and most numerous aircraft of that time.

I agree that a BE2 is an aircraft that is sorely missed in ROF. I do hope we would see it (reatively) soon.

#23 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 15 April 2016 - 19:34

Before shouting I want to fly the W29! There is a mod to turn in a W12 to a W29.
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#24 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 15 April 2016 - 19:48

Before shouting I want to fly the W29! There is a mod to turn in a W12 to a W29.

And he can always try Dr.Z's mods http://riseofflight....view=getnewpost :D

#25 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester
  • LocationRedlands, California

Posted 16 April 2016 - 00:20

Also, there's a whole lot of politics going on here; follow the money, it's why we have an Ost front in RoF and a two-headed eagle on the splash screen.

Ehm...no, that is not why there is a Russian emblem inside the game and on the website here. 

#26 Demon_

Demon_

Posted 16 April 2016 - 01:11

You can't blame Russian developers for wanting to make combat flight sims involving their history.  Just hoping this doesn't happen to the exclusion of other theatres...

:icon_e_biggrin:

#27 xvii-Dietrich

xvii-Dietrich
  • LocationNorway / Finland

Posted 16 April 2016 - 01:15

Really?!

Where? How? I tried searching on the forums for "W.29", but it won't let me (claiming the search word is too short).

xvii-kuesta-add2e.jpg

#28 borntoolate

borntoolate

Posted 16 April 2016 - 01:58

ROF needs a Be2. Having a WW1 flight sim without a Be2 is like having a Battle of Britain sim without a Spitfire. The Be2 was in service with the RFC since 1912, was produced in big numbers (3500 +), and was used in so many different roles in different theaters (trainer, recon, light bomber, anti-zeppelin duties, home defense, night fighter, etc). It was the quintessential British two seater of WW1 - even Bloody April was so named because of the casualties suffered by (primarily) Be2 squadrons. It obviously wont be a good combat aircraft, but thats not the point of all the planes in ROF. We are trying to create a representation of WW1 air combat, and we cant do that without one of the most important and most numerous aircraft of that time.

Full agreement.

777, please? Please do not forget or abandon us.

"We had a strict code of honor: you didn't shoot down a cripple and you kept it a fair fight." Wilfrid May

#29 Flying_Bear

Flying_Bear

Posted 16 April 2016 - 05:47

They should also add torpedoes in the game

I agree with you, but it's maybe more like a Battle of Britain sim without the Defiant.

Anyway the pilot could have a Lewis gun fixed at an angle of a Strange-type mounting. The Be2 has got the gunner in front of the pilot so he will have to stand up when he is firing.

It would look like this:

https://www.youtube....h?v=NAwCxijMzEw

#30 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 16 April 2016 - 05:50

Really?!

Where? How? I tried searching on the forums for "W.29", but it won't let me (claiming the search word is too short).

This is not on this forum, Jason would never alow this, but you can find all the info on France Checksix forum.
Also lots of other converted planes like the Morane and Pfalz based on the FokkerEIII, the Be2 and other planes. Sure for the rivet counters here, anti-hack and the FM maffia, it is bad/wrong etc, but do not read that crap just give it a try and face these conversions by your self.
If I wrote something in this forum that is hurting or abuse a member, organisation or country? Let me know by pm for the corrections, please do not react back by bashing/trolling/flaming or other personal attacks!

Yep I’m an 2009 Rof pre-order buyer and one of the few that did buy the Sikorsky game.

#31 Flying_Bear

Flying_Bear

Posted 16 April 2016 - 07:44

You don't need to install the mod. It is already in the game. It's very easy to get it:

#32 Flying_Bear

Flying_Bear

Posted 16 April 2016 - 08:08

Fokker E.IV, Fokker D.III, Morane-Saulnier L, Morane-Saulnier N and Rumpler C.I are some other early aircrafts that should also be added to the game

#33 Flashy

Flashy
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 16 April 2016 - 10:19

They should also add torpedoes in the game

I agree with you, but it's maybe more like a Battle of Britain sim without the Defiant.

Anyway the pilot could have a Lewis gun fixed at an angle of a Strange-type mounting. The Be2 has got the gunner in front of the pilot so he will have to stand up when he is firing.

It would look like this:

https://www.youtube....h?v=NAwCxijMzEw

Haha, yeah that is a fair point - the spitfire comparison was a generous one - Defiant is better.

The armament is the the reason I suspect 777 haven't tackled the Be2. I think they would have to model it with a rifle for the observer, and maybe even modify the code for observer gunnery. But we do have personal weapons already for the pilot in the form of pistols, so they should be able to just apply that same system to the observer seat and model a Lee Enfield rifle for him. Even if they did just decide to stick with the lewis on a strange mount, and do it in the same fashion as the Fe2b where the gunner can switch between positions, that would still be good.

Just because I can give multiple orgasms to the furniture just by sitting on it, doesn't mean that I'm not sick of this damn war: the blood, the noise, the endless poetry...

#34 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 16 April 2016 - 10:22

Believe me as a real WW1 combat fly simmer I would like to see more planes like the Be2/morane/aviatik etc etc. But who is going to buy these plane. 1C would never get any profit on this planes. Yes I know the Russians are prone to do silly things and focussing on minor aspects and forget the major ones. As a sample the whole Eastern front debacle or graphic gimmicks that nobody see in the game. But I think after the realease of the S16 and S22, 1C did pay an expensive leason.

The only two plane that could be a seller would be the a uberplane like the SiemensDIV (not the DIII or DII) and the Snipe, pure based for MP.

For the furture on Rof birds and excotic planes, I would make plane like the Be2/AviatikB/MF40/GothaWD/Zeppelin/W4, pure AI plane. no cockpit needed, simple plane graphics and simple FM/DM, just like the Junkers52 in BOS. This would be the opportunity for modders to bring in the design work to 1C.

To generate easy money, 1C could also publish different model types of a plane, take the Albatros DIV as a sample, here they could publish the DV, the Albatros models made by different companies or variation in different engines, like we see inWoff as a sample.

#35 Flying_Bear

Flying_Bear

Posted 16 April 2016 - 11:01

Haha, yeah that is a fair point - the spitfire comparison was a generous one - Defiant is better.

The armament is the the reason I suspect 777 haven't tackled the Be2. I think they would have to model it with a rifle for the observer, and maybe even modify the code for observer gunnery. But we do have personal weapons already for the pilot in the form of pistols, so they should be able to just apply that same system to the observer seat and model a Lee Enfield rifle for him. Even if they did just decide to stick with the lewis on a strange mount, and do it in the same fashion as the Fe2b where the gunner can switch between positions, that would still be good.

A RoF without the Camel would be like a Battle of Britain-game without the Spitfire

#36 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 16 April 2016 - 12:53

This is not on this forum, Jason would never alow this, but you can find all the info on France Checksix forum.
Also lots of other converted planes like the Morane and Pfalz based on the FokkerEIII, the Be2 and other planes. Sure for the rivet counters here, anti-hack and the FM maffia, it is bad/wrong etc, but do not read that crap just give it a try and face these conversions by your self.

Do you have a link to these converted planes or some screen shots?

#37 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 17 April 2016 - 05:55

And he can always try Dr.Z's mods http://riseofflight....view=getnewpost :D

You did find the mod by yourself, so I guess no need to publish another link or post a screenshot.

#38 Demon_

Demon_

Posted 17 April 2016 - 05:59

The French forum, i'll take a look.

#39 Dutch2

Dutch2

Posted 17 April 2016 - 06:20

The French forum, i'll take a look.

You did read it right http://www.checksix-forums.com/  for non-french speakers use Google web translator

#40 Demon_

Demon_

Posted 17 April 2016 - 07:10

Found it. :icon_e_salute:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users