Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Imperial Russia mod V1.0

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Tzar

Tzar

Posted 10 March 2016 - 22:14

Imperial Russia Mod V1.0                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       By: Fritz Flipitz

Preview18.jpg

This MOD was created using nothing more then existing game models, a text/hex editor and a graphics editor. I have created 18 new Russian objects to be used in game and I'm working on creating a Lesson or two, to help you create your own mods in my upcoming posts. Before I do, I take a moment thank all of you that came before me and created something or shared your knowledge with us. If it was not for that act, I would not have bothered to continue to expand my horizons and share this with the community. I hope you like it.

Models

Groundcrewrn1                   German groundcrew_01 re-skinned to Russian Navy 1

Groundcrewrn2                   German groundcrew_02 re-skinned to Russian Navy 2

Groundcrewru_01               British groundcrewen_01 re-skinned to Russian Ground Crew 1

Groundcrewru_02               British groundcrewen_02 re-skinned to Russian Ground Crew 2

Platoonfr                             French Platoonfr re-skinned to Russian Infantry 1 (Adrian helmet)

Platoonfr02                         French Platoonfr02 re-skinned to Russian Infantry 2 (Adrian helmet)

Platoonfr03                         French Platoonfr03 re-skinned to Russian Infantry 3 (Adrian helmet)

Guncarriageru                    German GuncarriageDE re-skinned to Russian Gun Carriage

Ammowagonru                   German AmmowagonDE re-skinned to Russian Ammo Wagon

AmmowagonAAAru            German AmmowagonDE re-skinned, lua script edited, to create Russian wagon w/MG08AAA

Ammowagontachakru         German AmmowagonDE re-skinned, lua script edited, to create Russian wagon w/LMG08

Penicheemptyru.txt            German GerPenicheAAA re-skinned, lua edited to create Russian Peniche Empty (no guns)

Penicheaaaru.txt                German GerPenicheAAA re-skinned, to Russian Peniche AAA (13pdr, 1MG)

Penichemgru.txt                 German GerPenicheAAA re-skinned, lua edited to create Russian Peniche MG (2 MG's)

13pdraaarn                         British 13pdraaa re-skinned to Russian Navy 13pdr used (SYN_Vander gun skins)

Hotchkissaaarn                    British Hotchkissaaa re-skinned to Russian Navy Hotchkiss used (SYN_Vander gun skins)

Lmg08aaaru                       German LMG08aaa re-skinned to Russian Infantry LMG08 AAA (SYN_Vander gun skins)

Lmg08ru                             German LMG08 re-skinned to Russian Infantry LMG08 (SYN_Vander gun skins)

All models work as their originals do.

When possible I will used SYN-Vanders High Resolution Skins as a base or as a replacement of low-res in game textures.

Mission: Single Player Imperial Russia Mod V1.0 “Showcase Mission”

Soldiers Mod 2v4 needs to be installed for the mission to work.  Download it from www.rofmods.com

Take a Neuport 17 “Russian FTP Version”, and fly west to the front and enjoy all the new objects.

Known Issues

Some Skins and alpha channels need to be reworked/touched up.

Lua script edits need to be implemented for better performance on a few models.

More damage testing and 1 known issue needs to be addressed if possible “see below”

Known Issues:

The models listed as lua-edited will die independently of one another, but when the main object is deleted on death, all objects despawn. An example would be the Ammo Wagon Tachak RU, if the gunner dies the wagon will remain alive. If the wagon gets destroyed the gunner will remain alive in the burring wreckage until it receives the delete on death command from the wagon. I am not sure if this is a function of the model or the lua so I am looking for a solution if anyone can help on this matter.

Moving objects with guns can take up a lot of resources and although I have not created a mission my PC cannot run smoothly. It does not mean that you will not encounter a problems with performance if you use to many moving objects. If I remember correctly this is the reason the walking platoons “do not fire back”. To have 30-40 "moving" objects engaged in combat would put to much of a load on the server.

Notes: Mission makers may want to check out my updated Balloons and Autonomous AI in Mission Editor. I hope to be releasing some mission groups in the near future to help the up and coming Map Makers use cookie cuter groups.

If there is interest in growing this Mod, I will do my best to keep updating it.

I don't know what else to say about the MOD, I hope you can put it to good use.

Now a few word's from our sponsor!

MOD Requests:

I am looking for anyone that can add more infantry objects, specifically;

Drivers with Adrian Helmets and Caps, “what we call an officers cap today”.

All Soldiers and crew objects with Adrian Helmet and Caps for more French and Russians.

groundcrew_01's helmet texture location is on the soldiers back left of the texture, I would like to get the texture moved back to the helmet area to make more accurate naval crews, and workers.

Assault infantry – Turn on the additional objects in the infantry model, trench shovel/grenade/backpack

SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE A SINGLE SOLDIER WALKING VERSION(S)

This is most import mod I would like to see made. A“Single Soldier walking” with all versions of helmet, cap and 1 version with no gun and hair or a fedora. (Think Spy!) (Think, attach to) I'll take any version, just make one please!!!!!!

-New Wings Servers-

The Servers and Resources provided by -New Wings Training- and other RoF Moderators to the community are all privately funded. So while I'd love to see you all run over to the NW-Website and drop a 5$ Bill in the Hat. I encourage you to drop by the website of whatever ROF Server you fly on, and make a donation. I'm sure that all the moderators would appreciate it. RoF is not going to be getting changes for a while, and it's up to us to support those that are making the effort to keep us flying.

Fly Safe

-NW- Fritz Flipitz

#2 twicedead

twicedead

Posted 10 March 2016 - 22:16

Looks Good!  Great Work!

#3 veltjens

veltjens

Posted 10 March 2016 - 23:09

MANY THANKS!!! 

Truly appreciated! :icon_e_salute:

#4 oneeyeddog

oneeyeddog

Posted 11 March 2016 - 01:34

Very nice! Thanks.

#5 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 11 March 2016 - 01:58

Looks interesting - I'll have to give it a try when I get done with some unfinished skin work.  One thing I noticed is that you used several German things as the basis for these - does that mean that those German things won't be able to be used on the German side of a mission that has these new Russian things in it?

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online: RoF SPAM killer markings 66.jpg

#6 Tzar

Tzar

Posted 11 March 2016 - 07:09

Looks interesting - I'll have to give it a try when I get done with some unfinished skin work.  One thing I noticed is that you used several German things as the basis for these - does that mean that those German things won't be able to be used on the German side of a mission that has these new Russian things in it?

No sir, they all work independently of any other mod(s) and I took extra care as not create any naming conflicts.

I used mostly French when  possible for the Adrian Helmet that was worn by the Imperial Russians.

Glad you all like them.

#7 SYN_Bandy

SYN_Bandy
  • LocationWishing I was in the La Cloche

Posted 11 March 2016 - 11:37

Very nice work, and much needed for that front.

Are they renamed repurposed files (German/French/British to Russian unit) but still within the game filename structure, or completely renamed files? 

If completely renamed, they will only work in mods-on mode, correct? 

That is, until the devs decide to have another look at RoF and include them by patch.  It was done before, it can happen again [fingers crossed].

#8 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud
  • LocationWaleska, Georgia, USA

Posted 11 March 2016 - 12:54

This fantastic ..... thank you for your hardcore and for sharing with us.

Chief

G5fCmYF.png

NEW WINGS VIRTUAL FLIGHT TRAINING

"Hardcore Through Passion"

#9 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 11 March 2016 - 17:30

Aha!  So that's your "secret" project...  :D

Nice work, Fritzy -- these look great! I can see we might need to give you a "venue" to play with them properly...  ;)

Cheers,

4 :icon_e_salute:

#10 Tzar

Tzar

Posted 11 March 2016 - 17:45

Very nice work, and much needed for that front.

Are they renamed repurposed files (German/French/British to Russian unit) but still within the game filename structure, or completely renamed files? 

If completely renamed, they will only work in mods-on mode, correct? 

That is, until the devs decide to have another look at RoF and include them by patch.  It was done before, it can happen again [fingers crossed].

Hello Bandy,

Thank you for the kind words, and thank you for the work that you do for this community.

You are 100% correct, they are renamed and re-purposed files. 

The tough question for me to answer ATM is "will they work in mods off", I have a funny feeling some will and some will not, due to the names used for my objects.

I have tested them in my MP missions with mods off and everything works. If the question is will people get points for shooting the objects, maybe 6 of the 18 objects may show scorning.

Truthfully I don't give a hoot about the broken scoring system, but more testing is needed. (let me know, beta tester SYN_Bandy) :icon_e_biggrin:

Beta tester Jokes aside,  I will try to do some testing on this in the near future. I am hoping that my lessons to the community can help us/me solve a few problems and at the same time teach us all how to Create mods like this.

Fritz

#11 Tzar

Tzar

Posted 11 March 2016 - 17:49

This fantastic ..... thank you for your hardcore and for sharing with us.

Chief

Nice work, Fritzy -- these look great! I can see we might need to give you a "venue" to play with them properly...  ;)

Cheers,

#12 Tzar

Tzar

Posted 11 March 2016 - 17:58

Oops...   To my Friends and New Wings Co-Trainers.

Thank you for the support you guys are Great and keeping with my theme, Thank you for all that you do for the community.

Fritz

P.S. Why did you have to bring up the Secret Projects, you know how my mind works now I have to make more stuff!

#13 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 11 March 2016 - 18:23

P.S. Why did you have to bring up the Secret Projects, you know how my mind works now I have to make more stuff!

...and the down side to that is ???   Ahhh, right -- we (the community) get moar stuff!  

Get to Work, young man!    :icon_e_biggrin:  :P

Cheers,

PS>  If the objects work in mod's off mode, I'm still a bit doubtful they'd count for points (but don't quote me) -- that said, it might be possible to add them to the stats objects database (although "customizing" that probably has some risks). It might be interesting to monkey around with to find out...

#14 Frederis

Frederis

Posted 13 January 2017 - 22:57

that's a new incredible piece of fun for my favorite sim ! Great work and thank you !

#15 JG1_Vonrd_J10

JG1_Vonrd_J10
  • LocationOakland CA

Posted 14 January 2017 - 03:16

Cheers,

Are you thinking of doing a Mods on server 4? I think it would be fun to have a Zeps over Imperial Russia!   :icon_lol:

#16 ChiefRedCloud

ChiefRedCloud
  • LocationWaleska, Georgia, USA

Posted 16 January 2017 - 17:18

I saw a picture of a zepplin in RoF as a mod. Does anyone know anything about this?

Chief

G5fCmYF.png

NEW WINGS VIRTUAL FLIGHT TRAINING

"Hardcore Through Passion"

#17 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 16 January 2017 - 21:40

I saw a picture of a zepplin in RoF as a mod. Does anyone know anything about this?

Chief

Check out these threads https://riseofflight...zeppelinai-v10/  and  https://riseofflight...od-wip-preview/

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#18 Recon3

Recon3

Posted 24 January 2017 - 05:49

Thank you Tzar!

#19 FlyingSaucer99

FlyingSaucer99
  • LocationHellas Basin, Mars

Posted 06 July 2021 - 16:54

Someone still has a copy of this mod? If yes, could u reupload it? 

Thx!!!!

#20 Tzar

Tzar

Posted 06 July 2021 - 20:19

What happened to ROF Mods?

Saucer send me your email and feel free to remind me if you don't get it in a week, I need to find my files from my old graphics PC so it may take a while and I'm busy so don't be shy and remind me, if you don't receive it.

T'zar

#21 Tzar

Tzar

Posted 06 July 2021 - 20:20

O it's sill on my server, click the link at the top it's there.

#22 FlyingSaucer99

FlyingSaucer99
  • LocationHellas Basin, Mars

Posted 08 July 2021 - 01:16

Thx Tzar for reuploading your work after all those years!!! :icon_e_salute: 

Your mod will help me a lot in giving some "ground action" in some missions that I´m planning to do. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users