Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

New Skinpack Imminent?

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#41 DeciBit

DeciBit

Posted 04 October 2016 - 06:48

500 day anniversary since last skin pack.

Yay...

Screen-Shot-2013-11-13-at-11.37.12-AM.pn

#42 SPEKTRE76

SPEKTRE76
  • LocationLake Stevens, WA - USA

Posted 18 October 2016 - 23:14

Well, I hope you all celebrate when I build this:

Attached File  biff0001.jpg~original.jpg   72.74KB   11 downloads

Attached File  Bristol_2.jpg   87.68KB   7 downloads

#43 Cybermat47

Cybermat47
  • LocationNew South Wales, Australia

Posted 19 October 2016 - 03:14

Well, I hope you all celebrate when I build this:

attachicon.gifbiff0001.jpg~original.jpg

attachicon.gifBristol_2.jpg

My God, that's gorgeous!

"If I could only have brought him down alive."
- Lieutenant Arthur Rhys-Davids, recalling his victory over Leutnant Werner Voss.

#44 SPEKTRE76

SPEKTRE76

Posted 19 October 2016 - 17:25

My God, that's gorgeous!

It shall be ready for your hangars this Sunday (-8 GMT American time & date group Time)

#45 Poniatowski

Poniatowski
  • LocationPA, USA

Posted 20 October 2016 - 17:44

Ok, as a newb here I think I am missing something.... are there skins available now so I can customize my planes?

I know nothing about how to do this stuff..... BUT... my goal in game is to do planes form Jasta 6, Layfayette Escadril and Hat in Ring US.........

thanks in advance and pardon my ignorance... it seems a lot of you guys here are programmers and electricians too for modding flight sticks!!!!

#46 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationTrudolyubiye

Posted 20 October 2016 - 17:57

Ok, as a newb here I think I am missing something.... are there skins available now so I can customize my planes?

I know nothing about how to do this stuff..... BUT... my goal in game is to do planes form Jasta 6, Layfayette Escadril and Hat in Ring US.........

thanks in advance and pardon my ignorance... it seems a lot of you guys here are programmers and electricians too for modding flight sticks!!!!

When somebody posts the skin of an aircraft, you have the option to download it, and stick it in to the appropriate skins folder, for use with MODS ENABLED (a box you can check at startup).   You will not be able to access this skin in most Multiplayer servers because, except for special events, these servers are not compatible with Mods On mode.

For a skin to be seen in Mods Off mode, they have to go through a community approval process, and then be incorporated into an official skin pack by the developers, which you have to download and install.  Other players who have installed these skinpacks will be able to see your airplane as you see it.  If they haven't downloaded the skinpack, other players will only see the default skin.  Currently there is one base-package of skins, plus 18 "historical" skinpacks, plus another 18 "fictional" skinkpacks.http://riseofflight....official-links/

The developers have apparently stopped releasing new skinpacks.  It is unlikely that any new user developed skins will ever be incorporated into the game.  Painters who are makings skins with the intention of ever having anybody in a multiplayer environment actually see them, should understand this.

#47 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 20 October 2016 - 17:58

Check the skinning section :). There are 19 packs with historical skins and plenty of fictional skins released over the years to download. 

Problem is, skins not in this packs are not recognized in mods off mode (which means multiplayer, really), and new pack is nowhere to be seen.

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#48 Poniatowski

Poniatowski
  • LocationPA, USA

Posted 20 October 2016 - 18:28

guys, THANK YOU! I am very afraid of meddling in folders.. I will be looking for an easy "how to".... if any exist.

Everything I want is historical!

I even just upgraded my computer last night..... still not state of the art, but it has 16Gb memory almost 1000GB motherboard memory, a 1GB video card Nvidia Quatro something or another...... it is a Del.. I was running a Lenovo 6GB, 440Gb motherboard and I think it was a 1GB AMD video card of some sort.

ANyway.... I am hoping this will really up my game, especially when I get my stick!!!!!

As for skins... back on topic....... I am hoping the how to will tell me exactly how to find and put these skins into the folder.... I want to do the approved ones as I want to see what everyone else is looking like too..... well, eventually... when I try to go into multi-player and get creamed. 

#49 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationTrudolyubiye

Posted 20 October 2016 - 18:44

For approved skins, you just download them from the link I provided, unzip them, and click on them to install.

For manual installation of unapproved skins, you place the .dds in the Rise of Flight/data/graphics/Skins/<airplane type> folder, and the skin will appear in your list, if you have Mods On checked.

#50 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 20 October 2016 - 18:46

guys, THANK YOU! I am very afraid of meddling in folders.. I will be looking for an easy "how to".... if any exist.

Everything I want is historical!

I even just upgraded my computer last night..... still not state of the art, but it has 16Gb memory almost 1000GB motherboard memory, a 1GB video card Nvidia Quatro something or another...... it is a Del.. I was running a Lenovo 6GB, 440Gb motherboard and I think it was a 1GB AMD video card of some sort.

ANyway.... I am hoping this will really up my game, especially when I get my stick!!!!!

As for skins... back on topic....... I am hoping the how to will tell me exactly how to find and put these skins into the folder.... I want to do the approved ones as I want to see what everyone else is looking like too..... well, eventually... when I try to go into multi-player and get creamed. 

Check out the FAQ linked to in this thread:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/

That thread and FAQ will give you pretty much all the info you need about how to get and use the wealth of skins that are available.

If you have any questions about skins after looking at that info, feel free to post in the skins section or just PM me and I'll try to help.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#51 Poniatowski

Poniatowski
  • LocationPA, USA

Posted 20 October 2016 - 18:59

PANTHER..... THANK YOU!

You guys are too kind... or perhaps being overly helpful so I will get into multi quicker and be shot to pieces...... either way, I win!!!! I am having so much fun, I am honestly still shocked I shelved this game and forgot about it!

IS it best to download all of the skins at once? I want to be able to see what other folks are wearing too!

#52 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 20 October 2016 - 21:30

IS it best to download all of the skins at once? I want to be able to see what other folks are wearing too!

Well, this is a tricky one.  For MP you're generally talking about the Fictional Skin Packs (though of course some MP folks may be using historical ones they just happen to like), and there are something close to 5,000 approved fictional skins, plus another 2,600 or so approved historical skins (counting the Official and Community Historical packs).  That's a lot of skins to load just for the chance to see the few MP folks you might encounter these days, but if you've got the storage space and don't mind it wreaking havoc on your ability to select your own skins off your hangar screen lists, you could load them all up if you want.  (There's a limit of 499 or 500 skins that those hangar screen lists will display - the others are truncated from the list, so they'll be in the game and visible if other people are using them, but you'll have to wade through those 500 or so skins to find yours on the list, and if your's isn't in the top 500 you won't be able to select it for your own use in the game.) 

It might be more efficient to pop into a few servers, take note of which squads or players might be frequenting those servers, and then use the composite readme file I've made available (links in the FAQ I pointed you to above) to find out which Fictional skin pack(s) the skins you want might be in and just install those.  You can use Laser's cool skin management tool to create smaller sub-packs of skins (by squad groups, or plane types, or however you want) that you can activate/deactivate with JSGME as you need them, to keep the raw numbers of skins installed at any one time down to a more manageable number (I do that a lot - the explanation for how to do that is contained in the thread/FAQ I pointed you to above).

It sounds a bit complicated but it's really not that bad, and JSGME gives you an easy way to manage your skin installations (if you have the extra hard drive space you need to use this approach - but storage space is pretty cheap these days).  And the skins add so much to the game that it's worth a little extra effort, at least IMHO.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960

#53 Poniatowski

Poniatowski
  • LocationPA, USA

Posted 21 October 2016 - 17:05

Panther, thanks again.. I will start with the ones I want to see on my planes and then expand form there! 

#54 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 21 October 2016 - 18:49

There's plenty of historical skins in MP too - people who don't have personal skins often adopt historical skins instead. 

Forum moderator.

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#55 Poniatowski

Poniatowski
  • LocationPA, USA

Posted 25 October 2016 - 16:16

I tried downloading historic pack one and it kept having errors???? Do I need to open up my security settings to allow something?

#56 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 25 October 2016 - 20:03

I tried downloading historic pack one and it kept having errors???? Do I need to open up my security settings to allow something?

Which link are you trying to use?  Sometimes people have trouble with the official links, so I've made alternate copies available that seem to work better for some folks - might want to give them a try - you can find them here:

http://riseofflight....ge-alternative/

#57 SPEKTRE76

SPEKTRE76

Posted 26 October 2016 - 02:44

Sorry guys that I didn't get the Brisfish done yet. I had my Midterm yesterday and tomorrow we are learning a whole new side of MastercAM X8. I am shooting for this weekend.

#58 Poniatowski

Poniatowski
  • LocationPA, USA

Posted 26 October 2016 - 17:03

Panther, yep, it was from your link, I will try it again tonight. I did historical pack one.

Spektre76..... obviously you are one of the folks making this possible, so thank you also!!!!!

#59 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 26 October 2016 - 17:54

Panther, yep, it was from your link, I will try it again tonight. I did historical pack one.

Hmm - usually those alternate links work OK - I'll check that one when I get back from work just in case.  In the meantime, you could try the official server link for that pack, available here:

http://riseofflight....official-links/

[EDIT] checked my alternate link for Vol.1 and it worked just fine.  I guess sometimes D/Ls just get corrupted during the process for some reason - probably best just to try again and maybe it will work next time.

#60 JG1_Vonrd_J10

JG1_Vonrd_J10
  • LocationOakland CA

Posted 02 November 2016 - 05:11

500 day anniversary since last skin pack.

Yay...

Screen-Shot-2013-11-13-at-11.37.12-AM.pn

Yipee.... :icon_boring:

#61 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 02 November 2016 - 09:43

Yipee.... :icon_boring:

+1

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

xAKPpvf.jpg

#62 =TBAS=REDMAN

=TBAS=REDMAN

Posted 02 November 2016 - 12:38

+2
Salute! REDMAN

#63 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 02 November 2016 - 15:41

+3

sig.png

#64 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 02 November 2016 - 19:12

If the Vonrd's "Yipee" is considered actually 1 then that equals 7. 

#65 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 02 November 2016 - 19:29

If the Vonrd's "Yipee" is considered actually 1 then that equals 7.

Lol! Could I entice you to add a "+4"? Then we'll have 11! :lol:

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

xAKPpvf.jpg

#66 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 02 November 2016 - 20:03

I can add a +4 -- it goes along with the nickname   :D

I can also express a hope that the devs will throw us beggars some alms for Christmas, by at least adding a skinpack, if not any sort of patch... 

Regards,

4 :icon_e_salute:

#67 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 03 November 2016 - 01:27

+26.28401792

#68 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 03 November 2016 - 08:19

+ 3.14159265359 r²  

sig.png

#69 SPEKTRE76

SPEKTRE76

Posted 03 November 2016 - 21:42

Hey J2_Adam we are neighbors. I live 89mi south of you.

#70 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 04 November 2016 - 01:21

Yes, I saw that yesterday. There are a few of us from the Pacific Northwest.

#71 DeciBit

DeciBit

Posted 02 December 2016 - 10:22

1f7kkj.jpg

#72 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 02 December 2016 - 10:42

Is "Santa" Jasons second name?

Forum moderator.

#73 DeciBit

DeciBit

Posted 02 December 2016 - 18:41

Could be :)

Perhaps I've been a bad boy...

... oh no.

#74 US103_Larner

US103_Larner

Posted 16 December 2016 - 03:25

well, this was an awkward thread to stumble onto (Considering I'm a newbie that was really excited at the idea of having a 'personal skin' for multiplayer)....

som1UOy.png                             tyPpSAY.png

#75 DeciBit

DeciBit

Posted 22 December 2016 - 18:41

Can't wait... sooo exited.

240_F_128797639_wwyIkQL8uLJKwEq0PkkfavIG

(PS: This is meant to be awkward)

#76 DeciBit

DeciBit

Posted 04 January 2017 - 13:49

600th day anniversary coming up in a week.

:(

#77 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 04 January 2017 - 14:14

I wish we could get a comment from the devs to say one way or the other whether we can expect a skinpack to be released.

Rather than this pathetic limbo we have been left in.

sig.png

#78 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 04 January 2017 - 15:06

I wish we could get a comment from the devs to say one way or the other whether we can expect a skinpack to be released.

Rather than this pathetic limbo we have been left in.

Indeed!

xAKPpvf.jpg

#79 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationTrudolyubiye

Posted 05 January 2017 - 18:02

In IL2, the last big update decorated the main screen with a beautiful Christmas tree in the hangar.  That's a pleasant holiday touch, but I think it speaks louder than words to further indicate what the development priorities are (if there were any lingering doubts).

#80 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 08 June 2017 - 10:46

IT'S HERE!!!
https://riseofflight...in-pack-update/

xAKPpvf.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users