New Skinpack Imminent?

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#1 JG1_Vonrd_J10

JG1_Vonrd_J10
  • LocationOakland CA

Posted 22 February 2016 - 22:49

Hi Panther,

I see a lot of polls being locked recently. Could this mean... NEW PACK?!   :icon_eek:

#2 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 23 February 2016 - 04:46

We'll see - I hope so, but can't say for sure.

As soon as I catch up on all the backlog I'm going to go ahead and create new packs and send them to the devs - hopefully they'll take some time to put them in a release, but I don't have any commitment from them about that just yet.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960
Useful Skinning-related Info:  http://riseofflight....g-related-info/  
Spammers banned while still online:

#3 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationTrudolyubiye

Posted 25 February 2016 - 06:08

We have a week or two still to put some paints out there, right?  I have a couple more I want to do...should I be scrambling right now?

#4 B24_LIBERATOR

B24_LIBERATOR
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 25 February 2016 - 06:45

Liberator's Tutorials: http://steamcommunit...s/?id=438268482

tahhfk.jpg

#5 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 26 February 2016 - 01:27

Well, I'm almost caught up (I noted a couple more got posted today - otherwise, I had pretty much finished).

I had planned to do the actual skin pack creation process this weekend, but I can certainly hold off another week if you've got some about ready to go.  At some point though I'll need to just pull the trigger - like always that will mean some folks will just miss it, but if this one actually gets released then maybe we won't have to wait quite as long for the next one.

New "Useful Materials" page now available: http://riseofflight....ks/#entry628960

#6 JG1_Vonrd_J10

JG1_Vonrd_J10
  • LocationOakland CA

Posted 26 February 2016 - 22:39

I've got a couple almost ready so a week would be more than enough if you don't mind   :icon_e_salute:

#7 JG1_Vonrd_J10

JG1_Vonrd_J10
  • LocationOakland CA

Posted 27 February 2016 - 23:37

New HP400 submitted

EDIT:

And a DH2

#8 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 28 February 2016 - 01:57

Well, I'm almost caught up (I noted a couple more got posted today - otherwise, I had pretty much finished).

I had planned to do the actual skin pack creation process this weekend, but I can certainly hold off another week if you've got some about ready to go.  At some point though I'll need to just pull the trigger - like always that will mean some folks will just miss it, but if this one actually gets released then maybe we won't have to wait quite as long for the next one.

That's awesome! Then I can have the skins Butzzell made for me in "mods off mode"! :D

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

xAKPpvf.jpg

#9 xvii-Dietrich

xvii-Dietrich
  • LocationNorway / Finland

Posted 28 February 2016 - 13:51

Given the upcoming "Bloody April" campaign, having it ready in time for that would be great:  http://riseofflight....ringtime-arras/

Otherwise a week or so to give everyone a chance to get things done would be nice.

I'd suggest posting the actual deadline date for submissions, so everyone knows what they are working too.

xvii-kuesta-add2e.jpg

#10 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 28 February 2016 - 21:30

Bloody April is flown with locked historical skins only IIRC...

... I'll try to squeeze some last skins in, too!

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#11 J99=Hardy

J99=Hardy
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 February 2016 - 12:24

Except for two or three (that I don't mind) I have made skins for every plane I got some month ago... that means: I can't wait!

But at least: Take your time - as long as there is a new skinpack in the near future I'm totally fine. Looking really forward to it.

img_3834.png

#12 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationTrudolyubiye

Posted 06 March 2016 - 17:16

Panthercules, any further word on your proposed final date for new skin submissions?

#13 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 07 March 2016 - 02:19

My current plan is to wrap things up next weekend - given the recent surge of new submissions I can't say for sure that I'll make that target, but barring some issues coming up IRL that's what I'm shooting for.

So, if you've got any skins in the works, try to get them posted before next weekend if possible.

#14 Capt.TeddyBear

Capt.TeddyBear

Posted 08 March 2016 - 09:38

Is there to be a single download for these skins? It is needed as among those I fly with we have many skins that the other does not and we cannot figure out exactly why what ever is missing.

Free Krusty & Wodewick!

Verified Gaming JerkGT  

#15 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationTrudolyubiye

Posted 08 March 2016 - 16:56

Is there to be a single download for these skins? It is needed as among those I fly with we have many skins that the other does not and we cannot figure out exactly why what ever is missing.

What I did, is that I downloaded the "Official Skin Pack" and then I downloaded all 18 volumes of  "Community Packs: Historical", and all 18 volumes of "Community Packs: Fictional"...one at a time, installed in numerical order.  I realize that there are alternate compilations out there, including a gigantic single download, but I think the sure way to get all skins is to do it the one-at-a-time way.  I think you also need to do them in order, because you don't want an older version of a same-named skin overwriting a newer one. 

@Panthercules:  What would be cool is if you could get 777 to give you full authority over the skinpacks and the ability to do whatever it is that 777 does to finalize the new pack.  That way, future paints wouldn't have to pile up the way they do, because you would get a dozen or so paints, and then release them as a packaged download every few months.  At this point, are we even sure that the paints you are going to pack up and send to them will ever actually be made into a new pack?

#16 J5_Klugermann

J5_Klugermann
  • LocationChateau Boistrancourt

Posted 08 March 2016 - 19:11

What I did, is that I downloaded the "Official Skin Pack" and then I downloaded all 18 volumes of  "Community Packs: Historical", and all 18 volumes of "Community Packs: Fictional"...one at a time, installed in numerical order.  I realize that there are alternate compilations out there, including a gigantic single download, but I think the sure way to get all skins is to do it the one-at-a-time way.  I think you also need to do them in order, because you don't want an older version of a same-named skin overwriting a newer one. 

@Panthercules:  What would be cool is if you could get 777 to give you full authority over the skinpacks and the ability to do whatever it is that 777 does to finalize the new pack.  That way, future paints wouldn't have to pile up the way they do, because you would get a dozen or so paints, and then release them as a packaged download every few months.  At this point, are we even sure that the paints you are going to pack up and send to them will ever actually be made into a new pack?

This is what I did after installing the game on my new rig.

#17 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 18 March 2016 - 06:43

So Panther, is there a reason for us to be excited yet?

That involves releasing new version of RoF :). I don't see them sharing this right.

Forum moderator.

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#18 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 18 March 2016 - 15:23

Yeah - unfortunately I don't either.  Would be nice if it were possible to wall off the kind of changes needed for this (which would seem to be pretty minor in the overall scheme of things) so they could let me do it without being able to affect (i.e., screw up) anything else, but I don't think that's likely to happen.

#19 JG1_Vonrd_J10

JG1_Vonrd_J10
  • LocationOakland CA

Posted 29 March 2016 - 03:58

Looks like you're putting it together Panthercules. Hope the Devs don't drag their feet too much.

Thank you for all your work Sir!

P.S. I wonder why they don't have this convoluted process in BOS/BOM. It seems that all you have to do is provide a link to your skin download, and anyone who want's to be able to see it just downloads and installs it. What happened to all the objections about the possibility of invisible planes or clown skins?

#20 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 29 March 2016 - 13:43

P.S. I wonder why they don't have this convoluted process in BOS/BOM. It seems that all you have to do is provide a link to your skin download, and anyone who want's to be able to see it just downloads and installs it. What happened to all the objections about the possibility of invisible planes or clown skins?

Would only the people that installed the invisible skin see it(or not see it) everyone else would see a default skin?

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#21 J99=Hardy

J99=Hardy
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 March 2016 - 07:13

Looks like you're putting it together Panthercules. Hope the Devs don't drag their feet too much.

I'm crossing my fingers!

Thanks Panther, your work is very much appreciated!

img_3834.png

#22 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 03 April 2016 - 03:43

Window's closed, BTW - completed most of the processing today and will be wrapping up and sending it to the devs tomorrow.

Fingers crossed it will actually see the light of day sometime soon, but as busy as they'be been cranking out updates for BoS I'm not gonna be holding my breath   :icon_lol:

#23 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationTrudolyubiye

Posted 08 April 2016 - 05:20

Panthercules, when you sent the processed paints in to 777, did they actually talk with you, and give you any indication of what they might do with them, at all?   I don't want to be holding my breath for them either, but it's hard not to... :)

#24 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 08 April 2016 - 05:41

I heard back via e-mail that they had gotten the submission, but they couldn't give me any indication of when they might be able to work an actual release into their schedule, so we just have to keep our fingers crossed that they can squeeze it in during a lull in their work on BoS/BoM (and there don't seem to be many of those, given the pace at which they have been pumping out updates over there lately).

#25 J99=Hardy

J99=Hardy
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 April 2016 - 12:40

I summon the holy God of WWI combat flight sims, Jason the almighty!

Please help! Please make one of the heroic developers spend a day to incorporate all the skins that your followers have created over such a long time into our most loved game.

We are waiting for so long, so please, please give us a sign of your mercy! Please give the Historical and Fictional Skinpack No. 19 to your loyal RoF followers.

img_3834.png

#26 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 08 April 2016 - 13:10

I summon the holy God of WWI combat flight sims, Jason the almighty!

Please help! Please make one of the heroic developers spend a day to incorporate all the skins that your followers have created over such a long time into our most loved game.

We are waiting for so long, so please, please give us a sign of your mercy! Please give the Historical and Fictional Skinpack No. 19 to your loyal RoF followers.

1+ but you forgot to say Amen. ;)

We might try sacrificing a goat or two. :)

#27 CG_Justin

CG_Justin
  • LocationBurlington, KY (KCVG)

Posted 09 April 2016 - 01:29

This pretty much solidifies that my skin won't make it into 19. That doesn't really bother me though. However, with the development team being focused on other ventures it begs the question of how long they will continue to support community content. For me, the ability to add skins and fly them online means a lot. I hope the the devs either continue to support us, or give us a means to support ourselves. This is the first combat sim I have picked up in a while that makes me want to stay, and I'm willing to spend my money for new aircraft as long as I can at least try to be the individual in the game that all of these real and brave men were. So much of the allure to WW1 aviation was about the colorful individualism...I really RoF stays that way.

"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things . . ." — Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

#28 JG1_Vonrd_J10

JG1_Vonrd_J10
  • LocationOakland CA

Posted 23 May 2016 - 03:11

Sound of Crickets...

Any news Panthercules?

#29 Panthercules

Panthercules

Posted 23 May 2016 - 03:25

Sound of Crickets...

Any news Panthercules?

Nothing so far - hope springs eternal, however.

#30 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationTrudolyubiye

Posted 23 May 2016 - 05:09

Nothing so far - hope springs eternal, however.

I've completely given up all hope.

#31 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw

Posted 23 May 2016 - 17:17

BoM has been released this week, and team is free-ish to pursue non urgent goals. It couldn't have appeared until now. Not holding my breath, but it'll either happen soon or not in long time.

(Of course, the fact that people have found way to turn incons, invunerability and unlimited ammo on in BoS multiplayer probably means they have more urging job to do... sigh).

Forum moderator.

#32 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 24 May 2016 - 21:13

S!

A skin pack involves a minor patch or update. If they will do that, perhaps they will add the big Artillery guns and buildings that genius has made.  They were very nice in Bloody April.

sig9.png

#33 J99=Hardy

J99=Hardy
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 June 2016 - 12:26

Bump!

img_3834.png

#34 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 12 June 2016 - 12:46

Bump!

And here's your sign. :D

Attached File  bump.jpg   30.66KB   1 downloads

#35 JG1_Vonrd_J10

JG1_Vonrd_J10
  • LocationOakland CA

Posted 14 July 2016 - 04:02

Bumpity bump.com

Or should it be

#bump

Maybe

#getridofthestupidpollsystemandletushaveourskinslikebosdoes

#36 DeciBit

DeciBit

Posted 14 July 2016 - 06:17

^

|

|

That last one.

#37 J2_SteveF

J2_SteveF
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 14 July 2016 - 08:15

Maybe

#getridofthestupidpollsystemandletushaveourskinslikebosdoes

/\

That

sig.png

#38 HotleadColdfeet

HotleadColdfeet
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 14 July 2016 - 14:26

Agreed!

New to Rise of Flight? Check out this Rise of Flight free to play guide on Steam

xAKPpvf.jpg

#39 Ice_Age

Ice_Age
  • LocationTrudolyubiye

Posted 14 July 2016 - 18:53

I think the skin unlocking system in BOS and BOM is monumentally stupid.  I simply don't want to fly offline campaigns and won't, so I'll never get to use anything other than defaults.

As for ROF skins, oh well.... The only way to not get pissed about it is to shrug your shoulders, realize that the massive investment in time we've spent in the last year is water under the bridge, and that at least we aren't still wasting our time fiddling pixels for paint-packs that will never come.  At least they could have made some announcement at some point about what their intentions were, though.

#40 DeciBit

DeciBit

Posted 31 August 2016 - 10:00

article-2300124-18F5C407000005DC-552_634

Watching paint dry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users