Photo
- - - - -

10009 lost connection error on New Wings Training Server

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 VonWrecker

VonWrecker

Posted 11 February 2016 - 18:35

I currently have only flown on the Servers a couple of times since I got this Sim with what seems to be with no issues , but I then have days/ nights where I keep getting bounced out with 10009 ... and can not stay connected to the point where I am about giving up trying to .. Other servers do not seem to have this issue even if the ping is in the low 100's .... NW's ping is a strong 18-22m short of a reset to default this is what I have done ...

Disabled Kaspersky -no effect either way on/off

Run compatibility in Win 10 multiple times reports problem found /fixed ... no help

Run troubleshoot in Win 10 multiple times reports problem found/ fixed .... no help but not every run finds an issue

Cleared the Dog Fight Folder of downloads so it is empty at each start of connection(s)

Reset Verizon router , PC is hard wired to router to land line( phone line ) 

Updated Drivers on a GeForce 630 ..

Checked and up to date ROF

System

I5-4590 CPU @  3.30 GHz

8.00GB

GeForce 630 at Rev 361.75

TrackIR 5 @ 3.0.26171

I am at the point where I am about to grow hair just to be able to pull it out .. short of just not flying on line at NW's ...

#2 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 11 February 2016 - 20:23

Hi VonWrecker,

Sorry to read that you're having such problems.  Unfortunately, the dreaded #10009 error is not unique to our servers by any means.

They can happen on any of them, at any particular time. Also, unfortunately, they seem to affect some players more than others.

It looks like you've tried a number of things I was going to suggest (clearing out your DF folder is probably one of the more useful of them).

In your startup.cfg file (in your ROF installation's data folder), you may also want to check your upload / download settings (I think you can also do that from the initial RoF launcher app as well), and make sure they're at least  1 Mb/s or better.

You might also want to do some testing with Speedtest, traceroute and/or WinMTR and see if one of the intermediary servers in your routing path to ours is dropping packets or not.

The issue of #10009's has been a recurring one for a lot of folks on a lot of servers for the past year or two (there are several threads about the issue). I know we've had an open support ticket with our ISP since last summer and they've looked at bandwidth and connectivity extensively on their end, without being able to find anything wrong on the server side.

Hopefully, it's just a temporary issue for you, as it seems to be for most folks. It does seem to come and go for various players now and then.  Once again, sorry you're experiencing it currently.

Regards,

4 :icon_e_salute:

#3 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 12 February 2016 - 05:27

S! 

Not sure but I believe the NW servers are in NY city? or close.  You guys use Nuclear Fall Out as a host?

von Wrecker is in Massachusetts.  His ping is under 10.    This  is only on NW servers.  We made sure, NO TS overlay, Deleted all files in Dogfight folder. did repair on RoF.

He connects fine to Hardy, Aces falling and JG1  For some reason he keeps getting kicked from NW  , which for him is right down the street.

Is there any chance that his ISP may be on a black list?

This is very perplexing.

S! 

sig9.png

#4 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 12 February 2016 - 14:50

Question, Does the mission start loading,(the movie theater screen) then right back to another screen, with the 10009 error?

Or does the mission load,( you can see the map, select a plane ) then get the 10009 error? 

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#5 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 12 February 2016 - 15:53

S! HillBilly

The mission loads. selects plane, gets on the field, then about 10 seconds later- Kicked- boom zoom right to the moon Alice!

sig9.png

#6 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 12 February 2016 - 16:01

You could look into these threads but not much help http://riseofflight....009#entry603501 and 

http://riseofflight....009#entry480284

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#7 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 12 February 2016 - 17:41

S! 

Not sure but I believe the NW servers are in NY city? or close.  You guys use Nuclear Fall Out as a host?

von Wrecker is in Massachusetts.  His ping is under 10.    This  is only on NW servers.  We made sure, NO TS overlay, Deleted all files in Dogfight folder. did repair on RoF.

He connects fine to Hardy, Aces falling and JG1  For some reason he keeps getting kicked from NW  , which for him is right down the street.

Is there any chance that his ISP may be on a black list?

This is very perplexing.

S! 

Your basic assumptions are correct - the server is in NYC and it's hosted through NFO.

As noted in the earlier post we've looked long and hard at those issues from our end, both in terms of our machine's particulars (CPU, Memory, Bandwidth, etc.) and with the ISP about connectivity, dropped connections, routing etc. for literally months and can't find anything to explain it.  Simply put, some folks never, or very rarely have an issue -- which can be verified by looking at our stats page. Many of our pilots have only 1 (or 0) disco the entire month. Sadly, some folks have the devil's own luck connecting.  For instance, looking at January when there were a lot of complaints, Rasil flew more than 85 hours (388 sorties) and had a single disco during the month, and he's by no means the only one. =LEON= flew nearly 40 hours (188 sorties) without a disco at all.

So, from my perspective, not only is it perplexing, but it's irritating as hell.  However, the fact that many folks have no troubles at all, our ISP can't find a problem after months of looking at it, and we can't see any problem with server loads either, while not 100% proof, are at least highly indicative that the issue is not on our server side.  

Regarding a black list, I am completely unaware of one. That is certainly a possibility as NFO, like many other providers, have dealt with DoS attacks and other issues over the years, and may well have something like that in place, but to the best of my knowledge, we have never been told about such a list, or given any sort of way to affect it, if there were such a list. I don't check their forums very often, but I can't recall ever seeing anything about one there either.

Has vonWrecker checked all 3 of our servers (or all 5, if he has BoS)?  It would stand to reason that he would have the issue on all of them, and not just Wargrounds.  I'll verify our banlist(s) when I get home tonight, but I don't recall a ban for him either, but I'll check to make sure.

In the meantime, I'd recommend he install WinMTR and run it while trying to connect to Wargrounds.  It will show all the hops between him and us and record any packet loss figures enroute.

Beyond that, I've got no real explanation for his connection issues, and I wish I had a better answer for him. Sorry.

Regards,

4 :icon_e_salute:

#8 JG1_Butzzell

JG1_Butzzell

Posted 14 February 2016 - 15:59

S!

He was having problems with all of them.  Right now it just started working.   I suspect some node on the path.

sig9.png

#9 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 14 February 2016 - 22:49

It seems very dependent on your ISP. Last evening I had 10009 every 3-4 minutes after takeoff so I disconnected PC from home internet and used USB tethering on my cell phone to get to internet to PC from home phone network. Not one disconnect for rest of the evening.

(Oh, and until recently i was on old slow interned connection - no d/c problems at all. Recently I've switched to much faster one from the same provider and the warping and d/c started immediately).

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#10 leo3321

leo3321

Posted 05 July 2018 - 19:36

I currently have only flown on the Servers a couple of times since I got this Sim with what seems to be with no issues , but I then have days/ nights where I keep getting bounced out with 10009 ... and can not stay connected to the point where I am about giving up trying to .. Other servers do not seem to have this issue even if the ping is in the low 100's .... NW's ping is a strong 18-22m short of a reset to default this is what I have done ...

Disabled Kaspersky -no effect either way on/off

Run compatibility in Win 10 multiple times reports problem found /fixed ... no help

Run troubleshoot in Win 10 multiple times reports problem found/ fixed .... no help but not every run finds an issue

Cleared the Dog Fight Folder of downloads so it is empty at each start of connection(s)

Reset Verizon router , PC is hard wired to router to land line( phone line ) 

Updated Drivers on a GeForce 630 ..

Checked and up to date ROF

System

I5-4590 CPU @  3.30 GHz

8.00GB

GeForce 630 at Rev 361.75

TrackIR 5 @ 3.0.26171

I am at the point where I am about to grow hair just to be able to pull it out .. short of just not flying on line at NW's ...

It just needs particualar settings to be changes not the disability of the whole antivirus. Well, thats what K7 Antivirus Customer Support suggested and it works fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users