Photo
- - - - -

Problem with ME mission loading

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 CommanderComa

CommanderComa

Posted 08 February 2016 - 13:38

Hi, recently i started to make my own multiplayer map, the problem is that i can't find it on list of available missions in Create New Server menu, I've uploaded it to dogfight folder and I can only set it up on singleplayer mode, any ideas what I did wrong guys?

#2 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 08 February 2016 - 13:56

Okay there is a couple of things to do, first, when you open the editor make sure the Mission Type is set to "Deathmatch".

Second is when you save it use "Save as" and save it to "Dogfight folder"

Attached File  Capture.jpg   38.28KB   0 downloads Attached File  Capture 2.jpg   49.52KB   0 downloads

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#3 CommanderComa

CommanderComa

Posted 08 February 2016 - 14:17

Thanks, I checked landscape info before but didn't managed to check this first. Now it works perfectly. :icon_e_smile:  Except one thing, how to fix that bug in editor ? 

Also, my friend tried to connect to the server after setting up sever, it was impossible to do even after getting through this topics 

http://riseofflight....ttings/<a href=

http://simhq.com/for...cs/2898108.html

It's impossible to even catch ping of the server: 

Any ideas?

Attached Files

#4 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 09 February 2016 - 00:33

The first i can help with, when this happens just go to full screen, or windowed which one applies.  :)

Attached File  Capture 1.jpg   154.09KB   1 downloads

This link might help http://riseofflight....achine-dummies/BUT the links in the thread is broken. :icon_e_salute:

#5 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem
  • LocationR E S I G N E D 13/6/2018 veryuseful.info/rof

Posted 09 February 2016 - 01:14

Thanks, I checked landscape info before but didn't managed to check this first. Now it works perfectly. :icon_e_smile:  Except one thing, how to fix that bug in editor ? 

Also, my friend tried to connect to the server after setting up sever, it was impossible to do even after getting through this topics 

http://riseofflight....ttings/<a href=

http://simhq.com/for...cs/2898108.html

It's impossible to even catch ping of the server: 

Any ideas?

Regarding remote access, inability to read the ping is not an issue it just means your firewall is blocking the relevant requests. Are you hosting locally? If so you must ensure that in your router you have forwarded (opened) the relevant ports (28000 and 28100 by default).  Also you may need to set a rule in your firewall to allow rof.exe internet access.

You can test the status of the game's ports by visiting canyouseeme.org and entering the port numbers. Note that when you run this test, your server must be running.

#6 1PL-Wolfu-1Esk

1PL-Wolfu-1Esk

Posted 09 February 2016 - 22:21

Guess it's something about ports settings, have you tried to let someone else set up the mission?

#7 CommanderComa

CommanderComa

Posted 09 February 2016 - 22:24

Yup, switching hosting person didn't helped

i've tested it. It's "working" I setted static ip and ports to: 

TCP 28000

UDP 28001

Download 28100

I've configured Rise of Flight to full access in firewall, and i've even turned it off later when it didn't worked

The change for server is that it's possible and unpossible to access at the same time, when my friends tried to join me, they reciever 10019 error "unable to connect to server".

As you can see, I have completely no talent or experience in making servers in ROF, so that's seems really difficult right now and i need to turn it on the fastest as it's possible  :(

#8 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 09 February 2016 - 23:04

Just a random thought, are you trying to do this with the "Create New Server" option?

If so what do you have the Max Ping set to?

#9 CommanderComa

CommanderComa

Posted 09 February 2016 - 23:12

Ping is setted to 0 and yes, im always trying to do that by that option

#10 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem

Posted 10 February 2016 - 01:24

Yup, switching hosting person didn't helped

i've tested it. It's "working" I setted static ip and ports to: 

TCP 28000

UDP 28001

Download 28100

OK I think there's something we need to clear-up. When we talk about opening ports, we are not talking about just entering their numbers in the screen shown in the attached image. That dialogue just specifies which ports the game uses, but it does not forward (open) those ports. Opening ports is done by logging into your router, which is that little box with the blinky lights on it that connects your computer to the internet. It may be physically located in another room. To log into your router you need to know the username and password that it requires and you need to know its local ip address. There are several online tutorials available to help you do this, but you must do it or nobody else will ever be able to access your server. Really they won't.

Attached Files

#11 CommanderComa

CommanderComa

Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:45

Yeah, but i got ports opened all the time

Attached Files

#12 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem

Posted 10 February 2016 - 12:43

Yeah, but i got ports opened all the time

OK did you test them by connecting to canyouseeme.org with your server running?

#13 CommanderComa

CommanderComa

Posted 10 February 2016 - 16:23

Yes i did, it shows that my ISP is not blocking it: 

Attached Files

#14 CommanderComa

CommanderComa

Posted 10 February 2016 - 21:58

Okay, I have no idea why. But server started working, except fact that ROF is crashing while downloading mission files but i just uploaded it online. Thanks for a lot of help mates! S!  :icon_e_salute:

#15 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem

Posted 10 February 2016 - 22:55

Okay, I have no idea why. But server started working, except fact that ROF is crashing while downloading mission files but i just uploaded it online. Thanks for a lot of help mates! S!  :icon_e_salute:

The problem could be unaccepted characters in the text of the server name / description. Single/double quotes, line breaks and even square brackets [] as I recall have caused this issue.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users