Photo
- - - - -

Dear RoF team. Can you please keep your master server maintained?

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#1 Catfish

Catfish

Posted 03 January 2016 - 18:43

There is all in the header.

Thanks for the last two weeks  - not!

#2 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 03 January 2016 - 18:56

My iPhone 6 won't show the full title in the header. What does it say?

#3 Demon_

Demon_

Posted 03 January 2016 - 19:11

:icon_e_wink:

giphy.gif

#4 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=
  • LocationSouthern Ozark Mountains

Posted 03 January 2016 - 20:13

removed

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

#5 Catfish

Catfish

Posted 03 January 2016 - 21:00

There is nothing wrong with the master server, it's on your end.

Of course.

This is why 50 players (there are not much more anymore lol) have been complaining, since before Christmas.

There are so much issues it's becoming ridiculous.

#6 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 03 January 2016 - 21:31

Oh that! Yes everyone that I've talked to has the same problems. Lots of disconnects then when you try to connect again, the servers are greyed out or they just do not have any connection to the master server.

#7 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 03 January 2016 - 22:11

removed

#8 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem
  • LocationR E S I G N E D 13/6/2018 veryuseful.info/rof

Posted 03 January 2016 - 23:27

Oh that! Yes everyone that I've talked to has the same problems. Lots of disconnects then when you try to connect again, the servers are greyed out or they just do not have any connection to the master server.

Disconnects from a game server are not the fault of the master.

Other than during a map transition, If a server is greyed-out it means it has a requirement that your system apparently cannot meet. If a server imposes a ping limit as was the case with Wargrounds recently, it may get greyed-out erroneously but that's a feature of the way the master server works. In that situation the Update Pings button may restore access.

#9 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 03 January 2016 - 23:40

Ok. Thanks.

Why though,when that happens, are many of us unable to connect to any other server. In the server list where the green connection bars are supposed to be, we'll see a red circle with a red line through it making it impossible to re-connect if even only temporarily?

#10 =TBAS=REDMAN

=TBAS=REDMAN

Posted 03 January 2016 - 23:54

I don't have numbers but a bunch of us have noticed that something is wrong especially with lagging. All we ask is that somebody look into for us because it's becoming a real nuisance and affecting game play. Thanks
Salute! REDMAN

#11 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem

Posted 03 January 2016 - 23:58

Ok. Thanks.

Why though,when that happens, are many of us unable to connect to any other server. In the server list where the green connection bars are supposed to be, we'll see a red circle with a red line through it making it impossible to re-connect if even only temporarily?

The red circle just means that the master server made a ping request to the game server and get no response. However if that server has a ping limit set then you will not be able to connect.even if your ping is within the limit. If you should be able to connect, always try the Update Pings button and wait a few seconds.

#12 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem

Posted 04 January 2016 - 00:02

I don't have numbers but a bunch of us have noticed that something is wrong especially with lagging. All we ask is that somebody look into for us because it's becoming a real nuisance and affecting game play. Thanks

Lag has nothing to do with the master server.

#13 J2_Trupobaw

J2_Trupobaw
  • LocationKraków / Poland

Posted 04 January 2016 - 01:35

Wargrounds has tightened the ping requirements, so lots of people with bad connection to Wargrounds have been dropping from there, or not being able to connect, while being able to connect ot other servers.

Or so I've heard.

Forum moderator.

Deputy Staffelführer, Jasta 2 ''Boelcke'' http://jasta2.org

“Now now,” Akua chided. “Personal attacks are the mark of failed argument. If you’ve no counterpoint to offer, such flailing only serves to shed further light on your incompetence.”

#14 J2_Adam

J2_Adam
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 04 January 2016 - 01:42

When I've discoed from WG, all of the other servers have the red circle with the red line through it. I'm assuming they ALL have a ping limit set.
This has only started in the past couple of weeks and I'm not the only one to see it. I've never (since 2009) seen this before to such an extent.

#15 =TBAS=REDMAN

=TBAS=REDMAN

Posted 04 January 2016 - 03:11

Why the hell are people getting so defensive about ROF servers whether it be lag,connection issues or whatever. People have noticed there's a problem with SOMETHING and it would be nice if the powers that be could look into it and give us a definitive answer one way or the other. Again a lot of us have noticed that something is wrong. Thanks-----Damn
Salute! REDMAN

#16 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 04 January 2016 - 03:22

removed

#17 =TBAS=REDMAN

=TBAS=REDMAN

Posted 04 January 2016 - 04:19

It's more than just a connection problem there are several issues. I don't understand are you going lose your house if it turns out to be a ROF problem. Why are you fighting a request from us to look into something that has nothing to do with you.
Salute! REDMAN

#18 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 04 January 2016 - 05:34

Wargrounds has tightened the ping requirements, so lots of people with bad connection to Wargrounds have been dropping from there, or not being able to connect, while being able to connect ot other servers.

Or so I've heard.

We had a limit set (a few weeks ago), but I've shut it off, due to these issues...  And, I too, suspect several Master Server issues (like the in-game scoreboard and roster list disappearing, every day, in every mission, on every server, multiple times, to name the most obvious one).

With regards to the ping limit, I suspect (but can't prove) that there is some check that gets done to verify ping amount -- which I further suspect is tied to the Master Server somehow... So, since it appears problematic, and possibly unreliable, we've shut it off for now.  

While this particular wrinkle seems relatively new (I'm not sure if anyone else has dabbled with ping limits), the example issue above, has been occurring daily for years...  Personally, what I *really* wish 777 would do would be to give server operators a program they can run locally on their server to mimic the Master Server functionality, so we wouldn't be stuck with theirs (alas, that would require actual work on their part, along with a couple technical issues that they would need to solve before it could be made available -- SO, I don't have any expectations of that ever being done).

Regards,

4   :icon_e_salute:

#19 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem

Posted 04 January 2016 - 12:53

Personally, what I *really* wish 777 would do would be to give server operators a program they can run locally on their server to mimic the Master Server functionality, so we wouldn't be stuck with theirs

If you're referring specifically to ping management, players' ping responses to the server are readable using RofCon, with the necessary code already available in Vaal's Python function library that I think you already use.

#20 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 04 January 2016 - 15:28

removed

#21 1PL-Husar

1PL-Husar

Posted 04 January 2016 - 15:59

Strange things happened lately. I'm sure that there is explanation to all. I did noticed rubberbanding - unusual lags, i don't know how it could be connected to master server...

#22 =TBAS=REDMAN

=TBAS=REDMAN

Posted 04 January 2016 - 17:39

First you have to identify the problem,(if there is one) then report it in a manner other than, "Can you please keep your master server maintained".
That statement does not identify any problem, it is just asinine.

Are you drunk? How many times do we have tell you that we don't know what the exact problem is but there are many and they were outlined in prior post. That's why we're asking SOMEBODY preferably at the top of the food chain to look at, or investigate the issues we are having, if we knew what the exact problem was it would already be fixed. For the love of everything that is holy you can't be that thick.
Salute! REDMAN

#23 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 04 January 2016 - 17:53

removed

#24 Hellshade

Hellshade

Posted 04 January 2016 - 17:54

Are you drunk? How many times do we have tell you that we don't know what the exact problem is but there are many and they were outlined in prior post. That's why we're asking SOMEBODY preferably at the top of the food chain to look at, or investigate the issues we are having, if we knew what the exact problem was it would already be fixed. For the love of everything that is holy you can't be that thick.

Standard response flow chart to a problem with RoF.

#1  Total forum denial that anything could even possibly be wrong.  It must be you.   You are delusional.  Even if others are experiencing the same exact problem.

#2. Personal attacks for suggesting that something could be wrong.   When you defend yourself against insulting statements, you get told you are the one with a bad attitude

#3  777 does nothing.

Rinse and repeat as often as you'd like to bang your head against the wall for no results.

#25 BraveSirRobin

BraveSirRobin
  • LocationHackistan

Posted 04 January 2016 - 17:56

#1  Total forum denial that anything could even possibly be wrong

I don't see total forum denial here.  It's mostly just one person.

The toughest part of my job is dealing with incompetent clowns who think they're good at their job.

Free Plank!

#26 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 04 January 2016 - 17:59

removed

#27 Hellshade

Hellshade

Posted 04 January 2016 - 18:02

I don't see total forum denial here.  It's mostly just one person.

Give it time.  Plus if all else fails, I have a lot of faith in #3 so the end result is still the same.

#28 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 04 January 2016 - 18:22

removed

#29 FourSpeed

FourSpeed

Posted 04 January 2016 - 18:23

If you're referring specifically to ping management, players' ping responses to the server are readable using RofCon, with the necessary code already available in Vaal's Python function library that I think you already use.

No - that's not what I'm referring to, and yes, I'm aware that you can see ping values in RCon, and for that matter, on the online server page as well (although I have no idea how often those ones are updated).

Regards,

4 :icon_e_salute:

#30 Hellshade

Hellshade

Posted 04 January 2016 - 18:35

This is great, you want 777 to be responsible for your internet problems. 

I see #2 is alive and well on the flowchart.   :icon_lol:

#31 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 04 January 2016 - 18:43

removed

#32 Hellshade

Hellshade

Posted 04 January 2016 - 19:01

How have I insulted you?????????????? 

And here we're back to the denial of reality part.  The cycle never ends.  

#33 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 04 January 2016 - 19:02

removed

#34 Hellshade

Hellshade

Posted 04 January 2016 - 19:04

Just what is your problem?????????????????????

I don't have one.  In fact I'm thrilled that you've decided to participate fully in showing how the flowchart works.   Thanks HillBilly.  I knew I could count on you.    :icon_e_salute:   

#35 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 04 January 2016 - 19:06

removed

#36 Arty_Effem

Arty_Effem

Posted 04 January 2016 - 19:16

No - that's not what I'm referring to, and yes, I'm aware that you can see ping values in RCon, and for that matter, on the online server page as well (although I have no idea how often those ones are updated).

Regards,

4 :icon_e_salute:

Then what exact functionality do you think should be controllable by server operators?

#37 Hellshade

Hellshade

Posted 04 January 2016 - 19:16

You know what to do with your flow chart don't you.

Turn it into a Sticky Thread at the top of the Forum as a Public Service Announcement?    :icon_e_wink:

#38 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 04 January 2016 - 19:21

removed

#39 =HillBilly=

=HillBilly=

Posted 04 January 2016 - 19:32

removed

Attached Files

• Attached File  ping.JPG   35.91KB   0 downloads

#40 Hellshade

Hellshade

Posted 04 January 2016 - 19:35

I don't have any idea if there is a problem or not and if there is, I don't know if it's the users, 777, a server configuration option issue or something else.   I was just letting Red know what to expect whenever anyone posts that there could be a problem.  Denial.  Personal attacks and inaction.   So far, we're right on target.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users